Rumored Cain Velasquez returning....in 2020.

Senzo Tanaka

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Didn't see any threads on this. Javier Mendez mentioned that he expects Cain to return...in the 2nd half of 2020.

This has to be the end of Cain at this point. I like the guy but this should end the discussion of him ever being in consideration for GOAT.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/4/...pdate-on-status-of-cain-velasquezs-mma-career

300_Cain_Velasquez.0.jpg

I can understand if the guy needs a paycheck, but in reality he should hang the gloves up and invest the money he's got on a new career (or relax if he has plenty money in the bank). At some point he is going to ruin himself so bad that he will have injuries just doing routine things in a day of life.

This is that point in a lot of fighters' careers where they start taking one loss after another because they keep chasing that final moment of glory that never comes instead of accepting that the game has passed them by. Hopefully Cain is smarter than that and just stays retired.

But, HW is sad and pathetic, so even if Cain doesn't come back in November 2020, he'll still be ranked in the top 5.

Jarl

Dude just needs to retire. This is pathetic.

His body is done.

This is that point in a lot of fighters' careers where they start taking one loss after another because they keep chasing that final moment of glory that never comes instead of accepting that the game has passed them by. Hopefully Cain is smarter than that and just stays retired.

It doesn't help Cain that he looked spectacular the last time that he was healthy against Browne.

There's also the fact that HW is an incredibly weak division where any name fighter is always a big win away from a title shot.

IMO we'll see at least a couple more fights out of Cain. It might take 2-3 more years, but we'll see them.

hed get hurt again its sad but hes like cruz now he just cant go out and do it

The first 70 year old to fight in the UFC?

I had hopes for Cain but after that win and getting injured again I think it's time to give it up. Dude is not getting younger and keeps getting shelved.

Yeah, I refer to this unfortunate effect as BJ Penn'itis.

Fuck that... Just stay retired, Cain. PLEASE.

You don't age in MMA according to the number of years; you age according to the fights that you've logged. By that standard, Cain Velasquez is a young whippersnapper with a long career ahead of him.

(OK. I'm done with the sarcasm)

I for one am ready for Bionic-Cain Velazquezicon

That would qualify as a quick turnaround for Cain

let him pulse some picos and he should be good to go.

Back