Rumored Cain Velasquez returning....in 2020.

How does he afford to keep training at an elite level, without a source of income?

Does he have a high paying/flexible job on the side?
You'd be surprised how much these guys can make owning an mma school/gym or just working for one. I mean people would pay Cain easy 100 dollars if not more an hour to train with him. So he should be good with money if he never decides to never fight again.

If his knee is fine why is he next fighting in more than a year from now?

Hell, if he's that into Lucha (or he gets paid that well) why come back at all?

I remember when Cain being out made people frustrated and anticipated his return. Distance memory that. 2020 or not, don't care. He's an eh HW fight at this point that isn't enough to purchase a PPV but good enough not to take a bathroom/cig break type of fighter now.

So he's not injured and once again is planning to sit out another year? This guy is done as a serious contender.

Maybe he meant he’s returning to Mexico in 2020 .. that makes a lot more sense

2020? He’ll be like 50y.o. by then...

<30>

The first 70 year old to fight in the UFC?

He's actually not old by HW standard and 2020 is only next year.

He's the same age as Stipe, and he's younger than Comier, Overeem, Oleinik, Abdurakhimov and Arlovski.

The problem isn't his age, it's how damaged his body is from all the grueling training at AKA. At some point all of them at AKA were getting injured in training all the time.

Didn't see any threads on this. Javier Mendez mentioned that he expects Cain to return...in the 2nd half of 2020.

This has to be the end of Cain at this point. I like the guy but this should end the discussion of him ever being in consideration for GOAT.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/4/...pdate-on-status-of-cain-velasquezs-mma-career

300_Cain_Velasquez.0.jpg

At this point, I don't think anyone cares. Really. Looked bad against ngannou and I personally think he took a fall...

He's actually not old by HW standard and 2020 is only next year.

He's the same age as Stipe, and he's younger than Comier, Overeem, Oleinik, Abdurakhimov and Arlovski.

The problem isn't his age, it's how damaged his body is from all the grueling training at AKA. At some point all of them at AKA were getting injured in training all the time.
No way! I'm sure he was born before WW1.

The game has passed him by, and by the game I mean Ngannou. Ngannou has passed him by.

“He blew his knee out!” Showed me that if you shout something out at an exciting moment, you can psychologically influence people into believing it’s real.

Back