Cain looking slightly less muscular.

Lol @ a wrestler being considered an elite athlete. No Elite A-Level world class athlete would ever consider going into wrestling, and then Ultimate Brawling, because there isn't any money in either of those "pseudo-sports". Elite athletes want to get paid. Cain isn't an elite athlete; he's D-Level construction worker level athlete, at best.

Good MMA isn't all "athleticism".

Brock Lesnar has a better 40 yard speed than the "elite" NFL big men.

Lol @ a wrestler being considered an elite athlete. No Elite A-Level world class athlete would ever consider going into wrestling, and then Ultimate Brawling, because there isn't any money in either of those "pseudo-sports". Elite athletes want to get paid. Cain isn't an elite athlete; he's D-Level construction worker level athlete, at best.

Didn't wrestling come a sliver away from being annihilated from the Olympics? Just goes to show...

he is getting more and more conditioned for the way he fights in mma. a perfect mix of fat and lean muscle.

Is MMA a sport? Yes.

Are MMA fighters athletes? Yes.

Is Cain Velasquez the champion as well as number one ranked MMA fighter in the world for his respective weight class in his respective sport? Yes.

Please define "D-level athlete".

Im not sure you understand what we mean by "athlete"

Yes cain is a pro athlete. Hes an elite fighter, but he is not an elite athlete. His athleticism isnt elite.

If you were any type of athlete, youd understand the difference.

Im not sure you understand what we mean by "athlete"

Yes cain is a pro athlete. Hes an elite fighter, but he is not an elite athlete. His athleticism isnt elite.

If you were any type of athlete, youd understand the difference.

First, who is "we"?

Second, I asked you to please define what you meant. Instead, you responded with an immature personal when you know nothing about me.

Third, if you and I have already established that a fighter is an athlete and Cain is an elite (champion-level, number one world-ranked) fighter, then how is he not an elite athlete?

Hope "ya'll" enjoy tonight's event. Oh, and good night kiddo.

First, who is "we"?

Second, I asked you to please define what you meant. Instead, you responded with an immature personal when you know nothing about me.

Third, if you and I have already established that a fighter is an athlete and Cain is an elite (champion-level, number one world-ranked) fighter, then how is he not an elite athlete?

Hope "ya'll" enjoy tonight's event. Oh, and good night kiddo.

he is an elite athlete in his sport, but he is no world class athlete

Because MMA doesn't attract elite athletes. Cain is an athlete, yes, but a D-Level one, and he is an elite fighter, yes, but in a "pseudo-sport" filled with D and F Level athletes.

He doesn't compete against elite athletes and he isn't one himself; he competes against construction workers and barroom brawlers.

MMA is a small pond, and the types of human beings that it attracts, are low level bottom of the barrel athletes. Being the champion of such a sport doesn't mean anything in the grand ocean of athleticism.

Dressage is an Olympic sport, Four-Man Bobsleigh is an Olympic sport, Four-Man Synchronized Horseshoes is an Olympic sport. The sportsmen who participate in these can call themselves athletes, sure, and the Gold Medalist of Dressage for example, is an elite athlete in his sport, yes, the very best, but he isn't an A-Level world class athlete. Same goes for Cain.

Take a class in exercise physiology and human biomechanics. Your perception of how "solid/muscular" a fighter looks has NOTHING to do with their actual ABILITY to preform.

Please! Grow up!

Because MMA doesn't attract elite athletes. Cain is an athlete, yes, a D-Level one, and he is an elite fighter, in a "pseudo-sport" filled with D and F Level athletes.

He doesn't compete against elite athletes and he isn't one himself; he competes against construction workers and barroom brawlers.

MMA is a small pond, and the types of human beings that it attracts, are low level bottom of the barrel athletes. Being the champion of such a sport doesn't mean anything in the grand ocean of athleticism.

Dressage is an Olympic sport, Four-Man Bobsleigh is an Olympic sport, Four-Man Synchronized Horseshoes is an Olympic sport. The sportsmen who participate in these can call themselves athletes, sure, and the Gold Medalist of Dressage for example, is an elite athlete in his sport, yes, but he isn't an A-Level world class athlete. Same goes for Cain.

the only fighter ever to come close to elite lvl is GSP.

UFC 155:
01-Cain-Velasquez-UFC-155-weigh.jpg

UFC 166:
20131018034728_5D3_6771.JPG

Different angles but he looks the same.

Being over-muscled lost him the biggest fight of his life.
Try this again, you'll post something less retarded, i'm sure, because you hit rock bottom with the post i'm responding to.

He was much bigger before he was in the UFC.

shane-carwin.jpg

Cain may legitimately be the best athlete at HW, lol.
Top three easy, JDS and Cormier are clearly up there.

Muscles clearly mean better fighter. I mean look at fighters like Fedor, Cain, Nelson. Then compare them to someone like Overeem.

Those decrying wrestling from "elite athleticism" have clearly never wrestled a day in their lives nor know nothing of D-1 wrestling.

Cain looked soft and JDS looked solid the last time they fought too.

Not really. GSP, Benson, and Jones off the top of my head are incredible athletes. BJ Penn looks soft at 170 but he's still capable of some ridiculous athletic feats.

I bet ya'll all my money that this dude will be the next HW champ....Jus look at his mussels

huge_phil_muscle_by_unitedbigmuscle-d4bdbhs.png

I'd say the "most elite" athlete currently in the UFC is Jon Jones, and he is a C-, at best. He came from living in a basement, to dominating every legendary fighter in the division; fighters that were way more experienced and were versed in many martial arts. This can only be attributed to his size, and superior athleticism.

GSP lost to Matt Hughes, a farmer, and Matt Sera, a grocer, he's a D+ Level athlete, at best.

Back