Cain looking slightly less muscular.

Being over-muscled lost him the biggest fight of his life.
Try this again, you'll post something less retarded, i'm sure, because you hit rock bottom with the post i'm responding to.

As a longtime Carwin fan I agree with ya. Gassed horribly by R2 when it was all him R1. Was disappointing.

At HW its more common to have more bodyfat than lower weight classes. Cain has bodyfat about 15%-17%. His tremendous cardio definietly linked that.

Being over-muscled lost him the biggest fight of his life.
Try this again, you'll post something less retarded, i'm sure, because you hit rock bottom with the post i'm responding to.

Brock Lesnar. He is a more technical mixed martial artist than Randy Couture. (LOL)

Then where does strength come from? Tard.

"Muscles" usually refer to low body fat, which leads to higher muscle definition. A higher body fat % makes them less visible, but they don't just disappear.

That's why this guy
Cain-Velasquez3.jpg

Threw this guy

5621371412_7c29589058_b.jpg

around.

Strength comes from repetition, body conditioning and tons of other shit that has very little to do with muscle definition. Hypertrophy =/= stregth.

As a longtime Carwin fan I agree with ya. Gassed horribly by R2 when it was all him R1. Was disappointing.

He also had excellent punching mechanics for a big guy.
But people just care about the biceps

He also had excellent punching mechanics for a big guy.
But people just care about the biceps

Yeah I hear ya, guy was a beast but in the biggest fight of his life it cost him. Blew his wad very early on.

Still gotta hespect what the guy did in a short amount of time though. One of the best/most exciting hw finishers. And a genuinely good guy it seemed.

Cain doesn't rely on muscles to throw people around he relies on technique. If he relied on athleticism he'd be screwed.

Cain doesn't rely on muscles to throw people around he relies on technique. If he relied on athleticism he'd be screwed.

Gotta love statements like these.

240lb man who is agile, strong, and a cardio machine isn't "athletic"

"Muscles" usually refer to low body fat, which leads to higher muscle definition. A higher body fat % makes them less visible, but they don't just disappear.

That's why this guy
Cain-Velasquez3.jpg

Threw this guy

around.

Strength comes from repetition, body conditioning and tons of other shit that has very little to do with muscle definition. Hypertrophy =/= stregth.

I understand this. But i always see things like this pop up. It's like after finally getting everyone on the same page that muscle definition doesn't win fights, people have swung to the complete opposite and loudly proclaim that muscles don't matter at all.

Just fighting against Sherdog's tendency to loudly proclaim absolutes.

big deal. He looked more muscular when he was in HS. dont mean a thing. When you get old, your metabolism slows down and you get more fat

if you took a bodybuilder and put him thru strength and explosivness training, at the end of a few months, he'd be stronger and faster but flabbier looking.

if you ever lift heavy, the mid section, the abdominal wall thickens to protect your body. You gain alot of muscle in the mid section, your waist expands, you need new pants and you'll look like a block of wood. In other words, you'd start looking like Cain. Look at a typical powerlifter, they all have that chunky look.

I understand this. But i always see things like this pop up. It's like after finally getting everyone on the same page that muscle definition doesn't win fights, people have swung to the complete opposite and loudly proclaim that muscles don't matter at all.

Just fighting against Sherdog's tendency to loudly proclaim absolutes.

Muscles matter a lot less than 90% of you understand. There are tons of fighters whose weakness has to do directly with their muscles.

Gotta love statements like these.

240lb man who is agile, strong, and a cardio machine isn't "athletic"

He's more athletic than the average person but overall in the world of sports he's a D-level athlete

That's why this guy
Cain-Velasquez3.jpg

Threw this guy

around.

10001340.gif

Back