Cain looking slightly less muscular.

Cain is not a fat little guy. He's a legit HW and he's in good shape.

People are too obsessed with big muscles...

10001340.gif

You didn't disprove his point there at all.

Cain has never looked muscular. He is very flabby.

He's more athletic than the average person but overall in the world of sports he's a D-level athlete

He was a two time D1 All American and two time PAC 10 champion. That is by definition an elite athlete. Thats ontop of his two state titles in high school and a national championship in junior college before he transferred to ASU.

Currently he's leveraged these skills to become the UFC champion. Calling him a 'D-level' athlete is completely absurd.

oh man Faustian is ravaging this thread.

This is a "high level athlete" according to UFC fans.

Cain doesn't rely on muscles to throw people around he relies on technique. If he relied on athleticism he'd be screwed.

Tremendous post. This is a technical chubby dude dominating bar room brawlers.

He looks plenty athletic to me when he spectacularly beats the shit out of people, and that's all that really matters. The man is an animal.

That is technique. Cain has very little athleticism.

He's more athletic than the average person but overall in the world of sports he's a D-level athlete

Is MMA a sport? Yes.

Are MMA fighters athletes? Yes.

Is Cain Velasquez the champion as well as number one ranked MMA fighter in the world for his respective weight class in his respective sport? Yes.

Please define "D-level athlete".

Give me a break. D1 wrestlers and the top tier MMA wrestlers are more athletic than 95% of the pro sports world. Only the very elite basketball players, football players, and boxers can even compare.

He was a two time D1 All American and two time PAC 10 champion. That is by definition an elite athlete. Thats ontop of his two state titles in high school and a national championship in junior college before he transferred to ASU.

Currently he's leveraged these skills to become the UFC champion. Calling him a 'D-level' athlete is completely absurd.

Lol @ a wrestler being considered an elite athlete. No Elite A-Level world class athlete would ever consider going into wrestling, and then Ultimate Brawling, because there isn't any money in either of those "pseudo-sports". Elite athletes want to get paid. Cain isn't an elite athlete; he's D-Level construction worker level athlete, at best.

That is technique. Cain has very little athleticism.

I am not too educated on this kind of thing, I know that you have some complete freaks competing in American sports like the NFL, but is it not still quite rare for a man his size to be fairly quick and agile etc?

Weight =/= Muscle.

JDS is more muscular than Cain, why didn't he win the last fight?

Ummm, you just proved my point there, kiddo. First, you said weight does not equal muscle then you insinuated that Cain won the second fight due to weight. Please make up your mind. Anyway, I didn't say anything about weight, I was speaking of muscle which is why I said Brock Lesnar beat Randy Couture; if they were both the exact same size, there is NO way Brock would have won. The same with some of, say, Bob Sapp's notable wins. Muscle do help in a fight. Why do you think there weight classes? Or do you believe that, say, Georges St. Pierre won't fight Anderson Silva because "OMG! He's a phat guy!" versus saying he (GSP) wants to PROPERLY BULK (that means add muscle) in order to have a fair competition?

Indeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back