Cain is the One Who Needs to Earn a Shot at Jones

FootstompShonie

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I see a lot of people, mostly those who are crushed by Jon Jones clowning of DC, say they want to see Cain crush Jones or Cain would revenge DC and things of that ilk.

Problem is, I don't see what Cain has done to get this shot at a superfight. He hasn't even come close to cleaning out his division like Jones has and the guy is constantly injured.

Let's take a look at their top-ten wins -

Cain: Started in 2006
- Kongo
- Big Nog
- Lesnar
- JDS
- Bigfoot

Cormier has 5 top-ten wins as well, 4 of those at heavyweight.

Jones: Started in 2008
- Bader
- Shogun
- Rampage
- Machida
- Rashad
- Belfort
- Sonnen
- Gus
- Glover
- Cormier

Jones' resum

You're Making sense..... and therefore will get trolled for it by Jones Haters. Don't Worry I honestly think Cain will be out of the sport in two years, the Injury bug bites him hard

Cain,still fights? lol. Didn't even know he was still active. He fights less than Floyd Mayweather.

EDIT: didnt mean to quote that

JDS and Lesnar are behemoths, dude. Anybody would get 2 shoulder surgeries from those two.

Believe it or not, but body parts take time to heal. You cant just order a new rotator cuff online and be good to go (not yet at least)

I agree, Bones has the far more impressive resume

Cain is that retired sparring partner everyone knows, that talks about his glory days. Lets stop talking about him.

Cain needs to get out of that weelchair and defend his belt vs Werdum before earning a chance to fight the GOAT.

Well reasoned argument. The thing that Cain has over DC though, which would make the Cain/Jones fight more interesting, is his gas tank. DC looked exhausted in the championship rounds. Cain's doesn't have that issue.

Can somebody make the rocky 4 photo with cain and dc now?

I honestly thought dc would win. After watching that fight I can't say I think Cain would do any better.

-----------------------------------------
There has not been a greater fighter then Jon Bones Jones in any weight class

Even if this fight happens, Jones would likely win and the excuse would be that Cain is really a MW and Jones needs to fight a real HW

of course jones has the better accomplishments (although smashing JDS twice like that counts for a LOT), but all you have to do is watch cain in action to see why he deserves that superfight. it's not always a simple case of resume vs resume.

It's not even close, Jones has the way more decorated career, but Cain's got doom and health to worry about before a LHW.

Blame Joe Silva bro...who makes these match ups otherwise?

On Cain being injured a lot, yes that is a big negative factor in this whole thing.

I think you are a little overly emotional about the whole subject.....it would be a cool fight to watch eventually should JBJ show he can hang at HW (which I personally think he very well could). In fact, I think JBJ could and should consider a move up and has the potential to be a future HW champ.

EDIT: didnt mean to quote that

JDS and Lesnar are behemoths, dude. Anybody would get 2 shoulder surgeries from those two.

Believe it or not, but body parts take time to heal. You cant just order a new rotator cuff online and be good to go (not yet at least)

I think it has a whole lot to do also with how hard the guy has gone in camp , yeah it's part of why he overwhelms guys but also wears his body down

Put it anyway you want, Cain could give two (you know whats) about the belt Bones carries. Jones wants what Cain has, not the other way around.

/thread

of course jones has the better accomplishments (although smashing JDS twice like that counts for a LOT), but all you have to do is watch cain in action to see why he deserves that superfight. it's not always a simple case of resume vs resume.

Eh the eye test doesn't really count for much when you're facing someone of Jones caliber, DC has decimated 5 top-ten fighters without losing a round and looked just as good as Cain doing it.

Then he hit the brick wall that is Jones and got beaten handily, couldn't even manage to get more than one takedown.

Jones is a different animal.

Back