Cain, Condit, Gustafson... is anybody else through with UFC ?

Gus was destroyed even easier and quicker than Cain was

Not a valid point. Think Cain vs JDS. With your reasoning JDS destroyed Cain more than Cain destroyed JDS in the rematches. We all know that's not true.

Not saying Gus necessarily wins a rematch vs Rumble, just saying that a quick knockout says a lot less about competitiveness of a rematch than a long beat down.

One thing is for certain about the Welterweight division....I think we all miss GSP.

I'm sure I cannot be the only fight fan that found GSP's 'same again, safety first' to be a little stale and that Lawler is a very exciting champ.

This is becoming a joke.

How can someone defend that MMA is a sport when we have organizations such as UFC just shitting everywhere.

So we have an immediate rematch for a champion who defended his belt 2 times in course of 3 years, and was just demolished against Werdum.

A title shot for Condit, who has a record of 2 wins of his last 5 fights.

Then another title shot for a division where the champion is a paper champion, now we got a paper challenger, whose biggest accomplishment was winning 2 rounds against jon jones.

Fuck that shit

I don't like any of those & understand thinking it sucks, but I am a fan of fights (MMA) & far more fights make sense in UFC than don't IMO.

I'm fine with Condit's shot. Gus and Cain though are ridiculous

I'm sure I cannot be the only fight fan that found GSP's 'same again, safety first' to be a little stale and that Lawler is a very exciting champ.

But look at the division now without him...we have an awesome champ but it's looking pretty diluted. Half of the top 10 are either suspended/different organization/suspended & in a different organization or just a glorified gate keeper.

We have just a few bulls: Robbie, Hendricks, Condit & Woodley. Rory just had his face smashed in and Matt Brown has lost to the Champ and Hendricks. What else is there in welterweight? At least having a Non-Champion GSP would mix some things up.

Agree with TS. I will always love mma i guess but ufc is just awful the last years. It's like they only care for ufc instead of the sport also. No wonder we have old school fighters becoming champion in the new age, the sport didn't grow as i expected but ufc sure did.

Oh look another sherdogger "done" with the UFC...thats something you dont see everyday

This is becoming a joke.

How can someone defend that MMA is a sport when we have organizations such as UFC just shitting everywhere.

So we have an immediate rematch for a champion who defended his belt 2 times in course of 3 years, and was just demolished against Werdum.

Then another title shot for a division where the champion is a paper champion, now we got a paper challenger, whose biggest accomplishment was winning 2 rounds against jon jones.

Plus all the reebok shit, where we have the fighters fighting to make less money, meanwhile dana white's gambling bets grows bigger and bigger.

Fuck that shit
UFC is looking for some action filled fights to bring in more fans. Condit will provide some action with Lawler, in fact he looks like a bad matchup for Robbie in some ways. Gus did more than win 2 rounds against that crackhead roid using eye-poker. Cain? Is Dana thinking he can drag Mexican fans away from boxing by dragging lard-boy into an immediate rematch with Werdum? What other reason is there?

Do you realize how ignorant this sounds? "Oh this guy hasn't won a fight in X years" or "he's 1-2 in his last two fights!!!".

One of Condit's recent losses is against the WW GOAT, the second loss against the guy that beat the WW GOAT and the third loss is by fluke injury. If you just look at the record, then yeah, your statement is correct. However, and this might actually be difficult to grasp to some, when you look at the fights and the fighters he's fought, it's not as straight forward. Condit is ranked #5. Ahead of him is Rory (just lost to Lawler), Hendricks and Woodley (they are already scheduled to fight). Who do you actually think should get the next shot, Demian Maia (the only other ranked UFC guy)? Woodley vs Hendricks has been in the talks for ages and that's a fight most want. No matter who wins in Condit vs Lawler, the winner of Woodley vs Hendricks gets the next shot.

As for Gus, well, LHW is a division where all of the elite guys have recent losses on their record. Bader is the only one on a nice win streak, but it's against weaker competition and Bader himself I would argue is not amongst the elite. DC would smash him while Gus poses as an interesting match up. Besides Bader, there is no one at LHW who's close to a title shot or at least not when the new title fight was announced. Maybe Bader can fight Glover and winner gets the champ.

The only thing I can agree with is that Cain does not deserve a title shot after getting dominated by Werdum. Werdum has lost to both JDS and Arlovski, two former UFC champs and one of them on a nice win streak so allowing Werdum to revenge one of his losses is the only fight that makes sense. Very, very poor matchmaking by the UFC. It also wouldn't surprise me if Werdum is the better champ for the Mexican market as he's likeable, he's fluent in Spanish, he's been in TUF Mexico and first and foremost, he actually fights. Stupid move by the UFC.

You're done with the UFC because the champ is defending his title against a top 5 fighter?

But look at the division now without him...we have an awesome champ but it's looking pretty diluted. Half of the top 10 are either suspended/different organization/suspended & in a different organization or just a glorified gate keeper.

We have just a few bulls: Robbie, Hendricks, Condit & Woodley. Rory just had his face smashed in and Matt Brown has lost to the Champ and Hendricks. What else is there in welterweight? At least having a Non-Champion GSP would mix some things up.

Lombard pissing hot was nothing to do with GSP, that just happened and messed things up a bit. Really many of the problems you mention exist because of poor UFC matchmaking: Hendricks had to beat too many guys to get a title shot and his rematch with Lawler was dull. If it hadn't panned out quite the same way I think people would be saying very different things.

GSP had nothing to do with it, and while he is IMO the best fighter to fight in the UFC ever....well....he was boring. Him coming back and efficiently blanketing some different fighters wouldn't change that.

Not a valid point. Think Cain vs JDS. With your reasoning JDS destroyed Cain more than Cain destroyed JDS in the rematches. We all know that's not true.

Not saying Gus necessarily wins a rematch vs Rumble, just saying that a quick knockout says a lot less about competitiveness of a rematch than a long beat down.

This is why I want to see Gus/Rumble 2, it can really go either way in a rematch. And I mean a similar result or Gus can beat him and dominate him. I want to see if this is a Cain/JDS scenario or not

I'm tired of people putting Condit amongst the ranks of Gus and Cain.

Condit won his last fight, beat macdonald and was robbed against Hendricks.

Gus and Cain just plain suck

The Cain rematch is the horrible on. Condit Lawler will be awesome and Gus DC should be cool too. I guess Bader should have got a shot but his last fight was pretty boring. I'm guessing that's why Joe Silva shafted him. That midget wants exciting fights so his little heart can flutter.

The only one TS mentioned I agree is Cain rematch, what an absurd, a bizarre matchup like Belfort vs Henderson 3, nonsense.
About the other 2, at least Condit and Gus are top 3 ranked fighters, those matchups would eventually happen.

The Cain rematch is the horrible on. Condit Lawler will be awesome and Gus DC should be cool too. I guess Bader should have got a shot but his last fight was pretty boring. I'm guessing that's why Joe Silva shafted him. That midget wants exciting fights so his little heart can flutter.

I'm on board with this. The only reason Gus is fighting for a belt right now is because Jones commited a crime, blame the LHW title picture on him. Condit Lawler is undeserved but suits the division's current state.

Only Cain/Werdum II is total rubbish.

Everybody knows DC would put a beating on Bader, he's only a guy on a good winning streak, just that, not that impressive

I don't consider MMA to be a sport and never have; just entertainment. So I don't generally become too disgruntled about the terrible match making.

Back