Cain, Condit, Gustafson... is anybody else through with UFC ?

the cain rematch is horrible

condit vs lawler will be a war, i don't care about rankings in this fight

gus doesn't deserve it either but lhw is more shallow than a kiddy pool

Don't get your hopes up, lest we forget the Diaz fight

None of them deserve shots but I am so pumped for Condit/Lawler. I can't stand to watch another boring ass Hendricks fight.

Cain doesn't deserve it and I don't like it
Condit doesn't deserve it but I LOVE it
Gus doesn't deserve it and I don't like it

haha...pretty much this (although I am intrigued by Cormier-Gus).

the not-so-new normal - fights being awarded not on merit, but because they will sell amongst the wider audience. Jones-Sonnen, GSP-Diaz...this isn't new.

Cain getting a title shot after getting finished is a fucking joke.

Sea level Cain was not finished in that fight. Werdum and Cain must fight at all altitudes to see who the real champ is.

I'm getting there.

I don't see how what the UFC is doing is legal while still being called a sport.

I'm not a "normal" sports guy but imagine if the New England Patriots lost the Super Bowl but because the media and networks wanted them to win and weren't happy with the outcome, they get a rematch in hopes that they win. Would that fly?

What about tennis? What if the same thing happened with Sarena Williams and she got a rematch? There would be outrage in the sports world and it wouldn't be allowed.

UFC is treading on thin ice. The WWE scripts matches and their outcomes. Ia UFC giving instant rematches or non-deserved title shots to guys they want to win and represent the company all that different? They are essentially scripting who they want to win.

Last edited:
Cain rematch is pure bullshit. I would rather see JDS or Arlovski get the shot. Werdum has lost to both of them before but he is a much better fighter now and I'm sure he would like to avenge those losses instead of giving Can a rematch.

I have no issue with Condit getting the shot here. This should be one hell of a scrap and I'm really excited for it.

Don't really care about Gus v DC. Better than Bader I guess although he deserves it more.

This is becoming a joke.

How can someone defend that MMA is a sport when we have organizations such as UFC just shitting everywhere.

So we have an immediate rematch for a champion who defended his belt 2 times in course of 3 years, and was just demolished against Werdum.

A title shot for Condit, who has a record of 2 wins of his last 5 fights.

Then another title shot for a division where the champion is a paper champion, now we got a paper challenger, whose biggest accomplishment was winning 2 rounds against jon jones.

Plus all the reebok shit, where we have the fighters fighting to make less money, meanwhile dana white's gambling bets grows bigger and bigger.

Fuck that shit

I'm not.gonna stop watching they are interesting match ups . Although not earned by any of the 3 mentioned .
And enough with the "paper champion" crap . Time to accept DC is the reigning lhw Champ . Jones screw himself and was stripped of the belt it's the same when gsp retired it didn't make Hendricks a "paper champ". Jones isn't the champ anymore time to move on buddy and accept the fact

Cain constipates the division. I think Werdum will win and hopefully get rid of Cain for a while. Cain gets his damn inuries, scheduled 2 or 3 times with each opponent. It's the veteran resurgence time. Arlovski would've been my pick. JDS or Miocic would have made sense too. I love that they put Condit in instead of Hendricks. Bader deserved the title shot more, but Gus is funner to watch. Cain... hopefully he blows out his knee tomorrow so we can get somebody cool in there.

You're right in a way but no, I enjoy the sport way too much. Yeah the matchmaking hasn't been great but some of these aren't as bad as you think.

Cain. Yeah that's bullshit. Gus shouldn't be getting the title shot you're right but then again he's clearly top 5. Yeah he lost to Rumble but many think he beat Jones and he's a huge threat for Cormier. Bader deserves it more but this one doesn't bother me nearly as much as Cain. Condit is actually legit though imo. Nobody wants to see Lawler/Hendricks 3 yet. Hendricks only has one win since losing to Lawler, Lawler had to get two so fair is fair. Woodley probably deserved it more than Condit but Condit's great. He's younger than Robbie and beat a ton of top talent in the division. The Woodley fight could be argued was a fluke injury and losing to GSP and Hendricks doesn't really hurt you that bad.

Basically I agree all these aren't the best title shots but the only one I have a legit complaint about is Cain. Arlovski deserves the shot.

ts, you can add ronda vs tate 3 to that list too. what a joke.

Cool story. Enjoy Bellator or WSOF.

Christ you people cry about everything and swear off MMA every week.

The only one that is like' wtf' is cain because he got destroyed. The other fights I'm fine with. Rankings don't mean shit.

What a moronic fucking post. Cain/Werdum was 50/50 until the guillotine. It was 1-1 going into the third and final round.

What makes this most moronic however is how you can wrongly claim that Cain got destroyed last time... but Gus didn't? You are ignorant.

What a moronic fucking post. Cain/Werdum was 50/50 until the guillotine. It was 1-1 going into the third and final round.

What makes this most moronic however is how you can wrongly claim that Cain got destroyed last time... but Gus didn't? You are ignorant.
At no point did cain have anything for werdum. Gus is figthing DC, not rumble. Learn to argue withough using words like moronic. It only serves to make you look bad. A feeling I'm sure you're used to.

Back