Cain, Condit, Gustafson... is anybody else through with UFC ?

Giovanefugazza

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
This is becoming a joke.

How can someone defend that MMA is a sport when we have organizations such as UFC just shitting everywhere.

So we have an immediate rematch for a champion who defended his belt 2 times in course of 3 years, and was just demolished against Werdum.

A title shot for Condit, who has a record of 2 wins of his last 5 fights.

Then another title shot for a division where the champion is a paper champion, now we got a paper challenger, whose biggest accomplishment was winning 2 rounds against jon jones.

Plus all the reebok shit, where we have the fighters fighting to make less money, meanwhile dana white's gambling bets grows bigger and bigger.

Fuck that shit

Cain doesn't deserve it and I don't like it
Condit doesn't deserve it but I LOVE it
Gus doesn't deserve it and I don't like it

the cain rematch is horrible

condit vs lawler will be a war, i don't care about rankings in this fight

gus doesn't deserve it either but lhw is more shallow than a kiddy pool

Cain doesn't deserve it and I don't like it
Condit doesn't deserve it but I LOVE it
Gus doesn't deserve it and I don't like it

I kinda agree.

And I agree with you TS as well overall. It's becoming a joke and I have a problem with it. I will still keep watching but it's sad what those people are doing with the legitimacy of the "sport".

What you're criticizing is not the "Sport" aspect but the "promotional" aspect of the business. Condit fighting Robbie instead of Woodley doesnt change the sport as aspect of mma, it just challenges the legitimacy of the promotion and match making where they are making the better and more exciting fight.

Personally I can go either way on this. I much prefer Robbie/Condit and Gus/Cormier than Bader and Woodly, but in the case of Cain/Werdum I am not happy with this fight as there were better fights I wanted to see and Cain just got smoked by Werdum.

As mma fans sometimes we benefit from this unstructured way of promoting title fights, and sometimes we dont. This case here, 2/3 works out better.

the cain rematch is horrible

condit vs lawler will be a war, i don't care about rankings in this fight

gus doesn't deserve it either but lhw is more shallow than a kiddy pool

This sums it up.

I would rather see Gus than Bader and Condit I cannot be upset about. That will be a war.

Cain I do not like because they actually have contenders could be exciting fights and they deserve it.

I have been watching since the mid 90's, and love the sport too much to throw in the towel now. But yeah, things have been pretty disgusting lately.

I think the Cain rematch bothers me more than any fight I can recall being put together.

Matchmaking has been atrocious.

As long as you remember the UFC isn't a sport, it isn't so bad.

I kinda agree.

And I agree with you TS as well overall. It's becoming a joke and I have a problem with it. I will still keep watching but it's sad what those people are doing with the legitimacy of the "sport".

Lol mma has always been like this

my view on it is this - recently promoted fighters are fresh in peoples minds and lead to name recognition - while they are still hot, you want them to fight in the big fights as much as possible

In all honesty the Rousey, McGregor Bullshit is turning me off MMA or at least the UFC more than this but it's a fair point bar Condit.

Cain long time champ(even if he was injured) plus Mexican $$ means rematch it's BS but it has happened in other combat sports.

Condit - You talk about his loses but one was an injury, one was a controversial decision and one was well GSP. So it could be argued only one loss to the all time WW GOAT.

Gus doesn't deserve a shot after losing like he did.

The UFC is becoming more and more like the WWE.

Cormier fighting Bader would be worst that the Gustafsson fight, but you are right... Well Condit and Lawler, i don't care for titles as much as the fight in itself, that one can be awesome. Cain should definetily pile some wins, i mean there is Cigano, Miocic, Arlovski all great scraps for Werdum.

Times like this you'd hope Robbie and DC would be more like Cain
If they both learn from Cain and sit on his ass for two years, then there won't be any undeserving fights

Robbie vs Condit is a good fight, but Robbie vs Diaz II will be much better

It's all about the money. UFC sees some kind of profit off these matches.

Kotex is in aisle 3...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back