Cain beats Jones. He is not DC...

I forget where I am sometimes and threads like this show me where exactly I am.

The universal laws seem to not apply here but it does in marital arts. Everything has its opposite and this is a universal truth. What is being said is about traits and them having equal advantages and disadvantages in martial arts which can be used as an advantage and disadvantage.

This is not hard to understand.

Everything has advantages and disadvantages. What you fail to understand is that those advantages and disadvantages aren

Cain is not DC.

Cain is without a doubt better. He is a different monster. Not only is he taller than DC by about 2-3 inches but he also has 5 more inches of reach compared to DC.

And even though DC is a world class wrestler, Cain is a better MMA wrestler. Looking at the stats DC averages 1.91 takedowns every 15 minutes of fighting. Where Cain averages a whopping 5.28 takedowns every 15 minutes. Not only that but more impressive, Cain has a higher takedown accuracy than DC, 44% vs DC's 42%.

Striking the story is similar. Cain lands 6.1 significant strikes per minute. DC only lands 3.78. Cain's output in not only greater but more accurate as well. 58% striking accuracy compared to DC's 48%.

And that's the same DC that put up a pretty close fight against Jon Jones until he gassed. So, no... DC is not Cain. And no, Jones vs Cain would not even be close

Cain mauls Jon like he does all the rest.

War Cain!

(Stats for DC)

(Stats for Cain)

Well, getting stuffed for 25 minutes by Jones can disproportionately impact your stats -- particularly when you don't have a ton of fights in the books (like DC). Cain would get the same treatment, particularly if fighting a 230-240lb Jones.

I forget where I am sometimes and threads like this show me where exactly I am.

The universal laws seem to not apply here but it does in marital arts. Everything has its opposite and this is a universal truth. What is being said is about traits and them having equal advantages and disadvantages in martial arts which can be used as an advantage and disadvantage.

This is not hard to understand and statistics don't negate that truth. Ying and Yang which describes two primal opposing but complementary forces and you can learn this in Judo.

Are you admitting that you are not open to accepting evidence that contradicts your unfounded belief?

Jones dominates because, apart from Gus, no fighter has been able to deal with the range differential. Jones has natural physical gifts and has mastered how to use them effectively.

Cain is a particularly dangerous opponent for Jon because he can conceivably push through Jones' range. It's not terribly different than the first rounds in the DC fight, but DC simply did not have the endurance to keep that pace going whereas Cain does. Unlike DC, Cain ALWAYS moves forward. DC will occasionally sit in the pocket and exchange.

I'd give the edge to Jones but if anyone can beat a prime Jones it's Cain.

Are you admitting that you are not open to accepting evidence that contradicts your unfounded belief?

Belief or fact ?

What evidence contradicts the fact or belief that every trait/advantage has a polar opposite. One cannot exist without the other.

I am open to anything in reality but not this as a universal law

Belief or fact ?

What evidence contradicts the fact or belief that every trait/advantage has a polar opposite. One cannot exist without the other.

I am open to anything in reality but not this as a universal law

What

And then Cain lost to Werdum... storybook ending.

Wishful thinking..everybody wants to see Jon lose but...

Nobody has beat those many ex-UFC champions and number 1 contenders in a row. There's no evidence to support that anybody can beat Jon because nobody has beat him

Wishful thinking..everybody wants to see Jon lose but...

Nobody has beat those many ex-UFC champions and number 1 contenders in a row. There's no evidence to support that anybody can beat Jon because nobody has beat him

Stupid logic.

good word for it. insane, absurd, ridiculous, unbelieveable, unreal, you must be lying and stunned silence would also have been acceptable answers.

ppl need to realize how other worldly that stat is. Its the most impressive stat in the UFC. The HW Champ has a higher volume output than almost anybody in any weight class. Not to mention in those fights throwing and landing that many strikes he is usually also grappling a great deal too, clinching, GnP, TDs etc. Its really insanity and anybody who cant appreciate it is dim to MMA IMO

lol. Ppl really think DC and Cain are the same or something??

If Cain wasn't beating on a zombie JDS for 2 fights he wouldn't have that stat so it is not as impressive as you make it seem

Take those 2 fights out and see how he stacks up

At HW? It's hard to say unless we see it. Otherwise it's guesswork

Actually statistics do negate pretty much every aspect of your "argument". Numbers > Nonsensical, equal opposite length theory (or whatever point you're trying and failing to make)

Your response here is all over the place and refutes nothing the poster you responded to said. " lengthy fighters could statistically do better or HAVE BETTER BUILDS FOR MMA for a host of reasons"

So they do have better builds for mma? Glad you've come around.

Seriously, proofread more. Maybe then you won't discredit your own case and accidentally admit the other guy is right so much in the future.

Discredit ? You need comprehension skills and you need to learn how to read

It does refute the commenters comment in terms of lankier fighters and advantages and disadvantages and traits having equal/polar opposites. I never stated that they have better builds, what I said is that statistics could show they have better builds for different reasons. I then mentioned the reasons in that same comment and spoke of the inability of other fighters knowing how to utilize their advantages in comparison.

Stay with me

I then stated that this does not negate the traits having polar/equal opposites in terms of advantages and disadvantages, it is just how someone uses them. This is a universal law and something that should not be hard to comprehend even for someone like you Brick.

The kids on sherdog, they always make it fun.

Shalom

Last edited:
Discredit ? You need comprehension skills and learn to read

It does refute/ challenge the commenters comment in terms of lankier fighters and advantages and disadvantages. I never stated that they have better builds, what I said is that statatics could show they have better builds for different reasons. I then mentioned the reasons in that same comment and spoke of the inability of other fighters knowing how to utilize their advantages as compared to taller fighters. That was what the comment was about and the crux of the comment.

The kids on sherdog, they always make it fun.

Pretty much all the evidence available indicates that it is better to be tall and long than short. If you have two guys close to each other in terms of skill and physical abilities, i guarantee you that the taller guy will take the cake most of the time.

Jon Jones isn

Why do you think Gus fucked him up so bad? Because Gus is actually close to his size.

As you can see, all it took was a guy with big reach to give him serious problems. Stuffed his takedowns, took him down, despite not even being a wrestler. I mean, have you ever seen DC getting taken down by someone who isn

Back