Cain beats Jones. He is not DC...

TwisterFTW

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Cain is not DC.

Cain is without a doubt better. He is a different monster. Not only is he taller than DC by about 2-3 inches but he also has 5 more inches of reach compared to DC.

And even though DC is a world class wrestler, Cain is a better MMA wrestler. Looking at the stats DC averages 1.91 takedowns every 15 minutes of fighting. Where Cain averages a whopping 5.28 takedowns every 15 minutes. Not only that but more impressive, Cain has a higher takedown accuracy than DC, 44% vs DC's 42%.

Striking the story is similar. Cain lands 6.1 significant strikes per minute. DC only lands 3.78. Cain's output in not only greater but more accurate as well. 58% striking accuracy compared to DC's 48%.

And that's the same DC that put up a pretty close fight against Jon Jones until he gassed. So, no... DC is not Cain. And no, Jones vs Cain would not even be close

Cain mauls Jon like he does all the rest.

War Cain!

(Stats for DC)

(Stats for Cain)

Last edited:
Thanks TS you're right Cain is bigger and I've posted some stats from fight metric comparing their fight statistics. He's work rate is the best in heavyweight history and better than many fighters in the lower divisions. As for a fight with Jones, I'm not sure think they are quite closely matched but I see Cain winning we might see them fight then we'd know.

His significant strikes per minutes is the best in all of the UFC and all the weight classes.

Agreed. Would be a fun fight to see go down.

Cormier was an undeafeted heavyweight that people said could beat Cain before the Jones fight. You saying Cain is better is pure speculation. Jones will beat Cain. Gustaffson would also beat Cain.

Cormier was an undeafeted heavyweight that people said could beat Cain before the Jones fight. You saying Cain is better is pure speculation.

Saying Jones can beat Cain and Werdum because he beat DC is also speculation.

Saying Jones can beat Cain and Werdum because he beat DC is also speculation.

I know it is but they really could. Ignorance is a choice, Jones is clearly the better fighter.

Cormier was an undeafeted heavyweight that people said could beat Cain before the Jones fight. You saying Cain is better is pure speculation. Jones will beat Cain. Gustaffson would also beat Cain.

any fight that hasnt happened is pure speculation. i think Pat Cummins can beat Jones. You saying Jones win?? Nah, man thats pure speculation.

true, but there's a big white elephant in the room i fear cain won't be able to overcome.

People suggested Cormier could beat Cain because of better wrestling credentials.

Which was always dumb because wrestling credentials mean nothing. GSP outstrweslted Koscheck, Evens outwreslted Davis, etc.

Most people in the know suggested Cain would win because Cormier was a little smaller, and obviously not as refined with his striking.

This isnt to say Cain would easily beat Jones, but I still think he wins. The way Jones stopped Cormier's TD attempts was real impressive though.

any fight that hasnt happened is pure speculation. i think Pat Cummins can beat Jones. You saying Jones win?? Nah, man thats pure speculation.

I'd bet money on Jones to beat Cain, I don't think you'd bet money on Cain beating Jones.

I'd bet money on Jones to beat Cain, I don't think you'd bet money on Cain beating Jones.

ive bet $ on Cain in every fight he has had since Big Nog. Id def bet on him vs Jones, seeing as ppl like you will ensure he isnt a big favorite as he should be.

Its funny saying Jones and Gus both beat Cain. Why are they wasting their time at LHW then?? Being HW Champ of the World is more prestige and potentially more $.

I only see one obstacle from making this fight a reality. Jon Jones actually moving up to do it. Cain is ready and waiting. Ball is in Jons court but im sure he has more pressing matters atm with his rehab and a rematch with Gus on the horizon.

Also its true DC and Cain are very different. Nobody can prepare you for the output and pace Cain puts on. DC cant come close. No LHWs come close. If Cain needs to throw close to 400 strikes and spam 25 TDs, that what he will do.

ive bet $ on Cain in every fight he has had since Big Nog. Id def bet on him vs Jones, seeing as ppl like you will ensure he isnt a big favorite as he should be.

Its funny saying Jones and Gus both beat Cain. Why are they wasting their time at LHW then?? Being HW Champ of the World is more prestige and potentially more $.

I only see one obstacle from making this fight a reality. Jon Jones actually moving up to do it. Cain is ready and waiting. Ball is in Jons court but im sure he has more pressing matters atm with his rehab and a rematch with Gus on the horizon.

Cain would be slower, weaker and smaller than Jones at HW, with worse BJJ, wrestling and striking. Jones would maul him completely, if DC couldn't get him down, Cain isn't getting him down. Cains go-to wall and maul would be pretty useless and he would be eating knees on the way in with elbows in the clinch. On the feet Cain wouldn't be able to strike with Jones, he'd need to close the distance and it would fail. It would look like DC vs Jones but with Cain getting finished by the bigger athelete.

I think they will fight. I'll post my betting slip if they do.

Also its true DC and Cain are very different. Nobody can prepare you for the output and pace Cain puts on. DC cant come close. No LHWs come close. If Cain needs to throw close to 400 strikes and spam 25 TDs, that what he will do.

That's only true if he isn't taking damage, when he is coming through knees, failing every takedown and getting outstruck, he is in a world of trouble. Jon would probably take him down too.

That's amazing.

good word for it. insane, absurd, ridiculous, unbelieveable, unreal, you must be lying and stunned silence would also have been acceptable answers.

ppl need to realize how other worldly that stat is. Its the most impressive stat in the UFC. The HW Champ has a higher volume output than almost anybody in any weight class. Not to mention in those fights throwing and landing that many strikes he is usually also grappling a great deal too, clinching, GnP, TDs etc. Its really insanity and anybody who cant appreciate it is dim to MMA IMO

lol. Ppl really think DC and Cain are the same or something??

Cain would be slower.

Stopped reading here. Cain is already faster than Jones. Nevermind a HW Jones. Jones isnt particularly fast. If you dont realize this, you dont realize much.

Back