Economy CA Governor proposes 6 mos paid leave

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Do you not realize that’s it’s not 1950? Do you accept that it’s very difficult for a large portion of the population to live on 1 income?

Women also have to carry a fuckin human inside of them for 9 months. I’m sure you have absolutely no sympathy for that either
Our priority should be shrinking that portion of the population, not enabling them.

"Do you realize it's not 1950" isn't an argument. It's not the burden of single adults in this country to raise bad decisions for the decision-maker. It's not their burden to raise a couple's pride and joy for them.

Don't condescend about sympathy when you have none for those innocents who are being plundered. Your frustration at getting steamrolled in this thread is already cracking open.

paid by the employer, or taxpayers?

b/c that's a massive difference

No they couldn't. Both of those things were against the law.

Life was way better all around in the good ole days.

Heck besides medical technology. But we coulda had that and not changed the rest of society.

Why so angry and bitter? Poor?

I'm not angry or bitter. I feel pity for you. Pity for believing that the best way for you to achieve happiness is to oppress everyone else.

Re: bolded, the logic doesn't seem to follow. Maternity/Paternity leave doesn't have to effect only married couples, or even straight couples. I don't see how increasing Mat leave leads to changes on divorce laws or birth control unless you mean that Mat Leave will eventually lead to a much broader scope of slippery slope legislation.

What I mean is - if society at large agreed that the sanctity of the nuclear family paramount in comparison to individual freedom, you open up many arguments about many individual freedoms that come at the expense of the nuclear family structure, such as no fault divorce. One could argue that it is for the betterment of the nuclear family, and thus society, that the freedom to divorce be removed.

What I mean is - if society at large agreed that the sanctity of the nuclear family paramount in comparison to individual freedom, you open up many arguments about many individual freedoms that come at the expense of the nuclear family structure, such as no fault divorce. One could argue that it is for the betterment of the nuclear family, and thus society, that the freedom to divorce be removed.
I guess I don't see Mat leave as being mutually inclusive to the nuclear family.

The people who really shouldn't have kids because they're too dumb and poor will be motivated to have kids to get a half year paid vacation. Is this guy on marijuana?

I'm not angry or bitter. I feel pity for you. Pity for believing that the best way for you to achieve happiness is to oppress everyone else.

What in Gods name are you talking about? I don't want to oppress anyone. Just saying the 50s were an awesome time.

If people felt like they weren't better off in that time period(everyone was) I'd support helping them find a place in the world that they liked better

The people who really shouldn't have kids because they're too dumb and poor will be motivated to have kids to get a half year paid vacation. Is this guy on marijuana?

Those are democratic voters. He wants more dumb and poor. The governor knows what he is doing. It'll destroy America in the future, but he is getting his now.

Why is it the burden of people who don't have children to subsidize the families of those who do?

Fuck this paid leave bullshit. Especially when it extends to the fathers.
sad it's gone this far off, companies can simply move out of the state and not have to deal with these rules. On the flip side, we need people in america to produce babies rather than import them in via lack of wall or other immigration methods. This may be the incentive they were looking for. 6 months means that the baby can be handed off to caretakers? it's real expensive to find care for kids younger than that, hence the magic number.

What in Gods name are you talking about? I don't want to oppress anyone. Just saying the 50s were an awesome time.

If people felt like they weren't better off in that time period(everyone was) I'd support helping them find a place in the world that they liked better

Your idea of an "awesome time" was a period where women and minorities were second class citizens. Arguably, the things that people most liked about the period were directly enabled by institutional and cultural racism and sexism. "I'd support helping them find a place in the world that they liked better" is logically impossible in this case. Imagine someone saying they want a world where slavery is legal, but people that don't want to be slaves are free to do they're own thing. How can both scenarios coexist?

paid by the employer, or taxpayers?

b/c that's a massive difference
this is a bit confusing, from my understanding, paternal leave wasnt a duty of the employer? I took a month off not too long ago, and I had to use my sick days to cover, but I do know that public money was offered, but I wanted the full amount so used up all the sick leave. My company didnt have to pay for it, those sick days were mine in the first place. Part of unemployment benefits? essentially, workers would pay for it.

Spare me this corn-pone argument. It seeks to curb the most powerful disincentive to single motherhood at the expense of single adults.

These kids, these moms, and these families are not their burden. I haven't seen a single argument in this thread that addresses the predatory iniquity of this social cost-shift.
You think single women really want to have kids and just don't because of work during the infant years? You know they'll have to go back when they have a 6 month old baby that can now crawl and still needs day care, right?

Sorry, but yes, the welfare of children in modern civilization is everyone's burden, and the efficient mitigation of overall health and well being complications that arise in a market based economy is beneficial to everyone. Even people from the super important "single adult" demographic.

Last edited:
ITT, lots of

a) incel rage
b) free riders seeking to benefit from parental contributions to the sustainability of society

IMO

People keep saying "mother stay at home"

There are lot of women that out earn their husbands in this day and age. Unless dad wants to stay at home instead, a lot of women will have no choice but to go back to work quickly if they want to sustain.

Our priority should be shrinking that portion of the population, not enabling them.

"Do you realize it's not 1950" isn't an argument. It's not the burden of single adults in this country to raise bad decisions for the decision-maker. It's not their burden to raise a couple's pride and joy for them.

Don't condescend about sympathy when you have none for those innocents who are being plundered. Your frustration at getting steamrolled in this thread is already cracking open.

Lol you just sound like a very angry man. Never seen someone get angry about a companies decision to offer time off for a mother or father who just had a child. It’s bizarre actually and you haven’t even offered any real reasoning besides turning red and saying, I’m not subsidizing these people.

Lemme guess, you don’t have kids?

People keep saying "mother stay at home"

There are lot of women that out earn their husbands in this day and age. Unless dad wants to stay at home instead, a lot of women will have no choice but to go back to work quickly if they want to sustain.

My wife earns more than me. Much much more

Maybe if I i stay home @Madmick will be happy lol

My wife earns more than me. Much much more
Same here, she works for the state and has killer benefits too..... she already gets six months paid maternity leave. Not that it matters much since we aren't having kids.

Same here, she works for the state and has killer benefits too..... she already gets six months paid maternity leave. Not that it matters much since we aren't having kids.

According to @Madmick logic she either A. Shouldn’t have had children. B. Quit her job so she can raise them or C. I quit mine so I can raise them.

God forbid a company offers some paid time off. Glad he is wrong and 1st world societies are right but I get the feeling he is arguing for the sake of arguing. He isn’t really mad

It's a worthwhile investment, but it should be funded by the taxpayer. If companies are forced to pay for it, the urge to discriminate will be too strong.

I think it should be a year, paid for by an additional tax on all earnings, including capital gains, above 20 million in a year. 5-10%, something meaningful to repay society for consolidating all of the wealth in a small fraction of the population and making two income families a necessity for everybody else.

Last edited:
Back