Economy CA Governor proposes 6 mos paid leave

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Sounds about right... @Ripskater told me that mothers should be at home with the children so rip and myself both support this

A step in the right direction.

Would need to read more about the issue, but on its face it sounds good. We are behind the rest of the first when it comes to maternity leave practices.

Should be longer but it’s a step in the right direction.

Hey boss, I just adopted a baby boy

Congratualations!

By the way, you now owe me paternity leave pay for 6 months

Congratualations!

yah adopting a child sounds like a super easy and chill way to get vacation time

Why is it the burden of people who don't have children to subsidize the families of those who do?

Fuck this paid leave bullshit. Especially when it extends to the fathers.

While I fully agree with and support long term maternity leave for mothers and fathers, doing so without fixing many existing economic issues or overhauling economic policy would result in pretty extreme responses by companies.

First of all, California is an at-will state meaning companies can fire people "at-will" without ever having to give a reason. So it'll likely act as a severance package in many cases.

I live in Ontario.

My wife gets maternity leave pay for 18 months.

Now corporations will just start hiring ugly people

Us beautiful people are going to be discriminated against

Why is it the burden of people who don't have children to subsidize the families of those who do?

Do you take this same stance on abortion, foreign aid, healthcare and other things?

Mick you’re wrong here. Think of it more like this, we need these people working and being productive. If they cannot do so we pay more to fund them on welfare. Also we need American born children to fill the roles we ship people in for.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_...QPIzKMO5qe5bjI7-TpLbUlinDF1IDoTJKSCC840aX_5TI

The CA Governor (D) has proposed 6 months partial paid leave when a parent has a baby or adopts a child. Thoughts?
Good, step in the right direction. Paid leave for parents is the least we can do to support families in this country, in fact I think parents should have many more perks(like bigger tax credits for dependents, special access to grants/loans for education).

Congratualations!

I thought you'd support this? Don't you support families? Or do you really prioritize the profit motive over motherhood?

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_...QPIzKMO5qe5bjI7-TpLbUlinDF1IDoTJKSCC840aX_5TI

The CA Governor (D) has proposed 6 months partial paid leave when a parent has a baby or adopts a child. Thoughts?

Here in Quebec, we get 52 weeks parental leave that can be shared between the mother and the father, and we also get 4 weeks paternity leave which exists because traditionally the parental leave is only rarely shared. So 6 months seems pretty pathetic for a state that has a GDP so high it would be the fifth highest in the world if it were a country,

Because our economy requires we sustain our population so it doesn't implode(see Japan), therefore those who raise healthy, well adjusted children are performing an act of social value.

And as to why fathers should get it, I don't really care about equality but if only mothers are allowed paid leave you're creating an incentive to discriminate against women in hiring.

Back