C.Beeby's MMA Log (MT/Wrestling/Luta Livre/Conditioning/Diet)

8/2/11:

30 minute run in the rain. Some hills included.

8/03/11:

Had a bit of a private with my cousin, a Marcelo Alonso Brown Belt. Went over gi techniques like spider guard, clock choke, collar chokes, etc.

Last edited:
8/4/11:

Rolled with some punches, starting from certain positions. Guard, side, mount. About an hour or so.

Back from Michigan. Also, had a conversation where my cousin asked if I was belted without the gi. I said, "here, we have a website", went to it and found that I GOT MY BLUE BELT. Nice. Confirmed with a teammate that it was true, but it was supposed to be a surprise. Considering my poker face is awful, I have no idea how I am going to play this off when he likely gives it to me this Friday, my last day at Fairtex.

8/8/11:

Muay Thai: 1 1/2 hours
Hit the bag, still a bit stale from doing it so much, but I needed to warm up. Going to shadow box more from now on instead.
11, rear uppercut x2, slip slip, 3 rear elbow x2, parry, lead uppercut, rear elbow, clinch, circle, lead knee x2 step rear elbow.
2 more combos, don't feel like typing them out as they were similar to the first.
Foot still injured from my fight, but that's what I get for not icing and heating it while I was in MI.

Grappling: 1 hour
Rolling: need to do more top and closed guard, still.

8/9/11:

Sparring: 30 minutes
Hands.
Need to work harder, yet not throw so hard. Speed.

Grappling: 2 hours
Wrestling: Drilling 5 mins, live 50% 4 mins, 60% 1 minute. King of the mountain 15 minutes, spent about 3 in the middle.
Rolling: Bit more closed guard, need more top but I was mostly rolling with newer guys.

8/10/11:

Muay Thai: 1 1/2 hours
Wrists feel good in the new gloves.

8/11/11:

Grappling: 2 hours
Wrestling. Better misdirection and setups. Focus on the Hi-C and single legs.
Live a bit.
Rolling.

8/12/11:

Last day at Fairtex.

Sparring: 1 1/2 hours
Had a lot of fun, pro wrestling and goofing off like I often do. That said, I did at least 12 rounds at about 30-50%.

Rolled like ass, pretty much. Good last round.

Couldn't hold it in any longer and asked my coach about my blue belt, he said they made a mistake on the website. Talk about a let-down.

To anyone who reads this, I have successfully landed in San Diego, and will be resuming my log under a different name.

If you would like to be directed to the thread title, PM me.

Thanks for the support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back