Buying alcohol and being underage

Back when I bounced at a college bar I met this really hot chick from San Diego living up in NorCal for college. She put her name in my phone as Ashley is the best. I got to know her a little bit to the point where I'd let her cut to the front of the line on busy nights. She was a college soccer player so we'd talk sports and sometimes she'd stay after hours and have a drink with me. After about 2 years of doing this, I was sitting in my apartment bored one Saturday and her college women's soccer team was playing so I left it on. They scored a goal and it was Ashley, they put a graphic of her stats up with her picture and it said Age 20. I was blown away, she must have been 18 with a fake ID when I met her. That shit was funny, she totally had me fooled.

I never got away with it without showing ID, but showing a fake ID worked well most times

The real question is what the hell are you doing on a playground in the first place??

It was near impossible unless you had a fake ID, then it was fairly easy. I got mine when I was 15 years old. When I was 15-17 years old, I only used it at shady liquer stores in the hood.

I grew up during college before the days of the scanned IDs. They were just regular printouts with hard lamination on them (and sometimes a hologram....which many store clerks didn't check). So I had a fake ID that I used at gas stations and stuff but only outside of my town.

In college it's easy b/c there is always someone around who is 21 and VERY popular with the Freshman and Sophomore students.

Nowadays I'm sure a fake ID is more difficult to make and use.

Fun Story:

There was only 1 gas station in the area that would sell to minors without ID'ing them and that was only when a guy named "Bob" was working. His nickname to all of us was "Gay Bob".....as we suspected he might be gay or like males. If you went in and shot the shit with him and chatted and were buddy buddy with him he'd just ring up the beer while you talked and forgot to ask for ID and you'd be out of the store with booze.
It was at that point I realized how easy good looking women have it in life as far as getting things they want from heterosexual males.

Some places would sell booze and smokes to me when I was 15. The legal ages at the time were 21 and 18 respectively (have to be 21 to buy smokes now). Some places still card me now, and I'm 29. Just depends on the dgaf levels of the minimum wage employees.

Used to run around with this chick that was super young looking even though at the time she was 6 years older than I was 19/25. Then Go back to the same store. Get your self a young chick that looks 17 when she’s 25 that’s all I got.

Where I live the law states that if the clerk thinks you're 25 or younger, they have to ask you for ID. So if you don't look in your mid 20s you can forget about liquor stores because they're very strict on that.

However, convenience stores and grocery stores are usually more lenient so you can get away with it if you look above 18. It all depends on the cashier.

When I was 16-17 there were a couple of stores I went to regularly because I knew the cashier wouldn't ask me for ID. But after a while they got fined for selling to minors so they started carding everybody.

Also, having a car when you're underage helps in some cases.

I got my driver's licence when I was 16-17 years old so I would park my car right in front of the store to make sure the cashier sees me. In a lot of cases, they would assume I was over 18.

It didn't always work though. So if they still asked me for my ID, I would say I forgot it in my car and just left lol

Where I live the law states that if the clerk thinks you're 25 or younger, they have to ask you for ID. So if you don't look in your mid 20s you can forget about liquor stores because they're very strict on that.

However, convenience stores and grocery stores are usually more lenient so you can get away with it if you look above 18. It all depends on the cashier.

When I was 16-17 there were a couple of stores I went to regularly because I knew the cashier wouldn't ask me for ID. But after a while they got fined for selling to minors so they started carding everybody.

My state (or maybe it's just certain stores) says if you look under 40 they can/will card you. I've been carded and haul out my ID and I'm 41. I usually just thank the person for carding me and thinking I look young.

They just have the rules so that people don't get "offended" and to make it easier for the cashiers to card people and not have to guess the age.

Never had an issue with getting someone to purchase it for me. No chance of me being able to purchase for myself by underage. Baby face got me carded for a long time

I used to buy beer when I was 13. Mind you it was late 70s so people were more relaxed about these things.

We have restrictions that nobody follows.

images

toddler.jpg

When I was 15 I worked two days a week as a trainee mechanic. Was buying drinks and smokes with ease, walk in dirty wearing boots and overalls and never had an issue.

How hard it is to buy alcohol as an underage in the place you live? In theory you need to 18 years old to buy alcohol where i live, but if you look at least 14 they usually sell it with no problem
When I was underage it was the twentieth century and we would usually just pay a bum or if the store was a little local liquor store just say it's for your dad.

My state (or maybe it's just certain stores) says if you look under 40 they can/will card you. I've been carded and haul out my ID and I'm 41. I usually just thank the person for carding me and thinking I look young.

They just have the rules so that people don't get "offended" and to make it easier for the cashiers to card people and not have to guess the age.
No, they have the rules because the police find balding 20 year olds that look 35-40 and send them out in sting operations as undercover officers. I've had coworkers serve to a balding 300 lb guy that looks 50 and then 5 minutes later they're being handcuffed + arrested in the middle of the bar, hauled off to a police cruiser, and driven to the police station to be fingerprinted + booked + charged.

They now have an arrest record and a charge that shows up on background checks. If they got convicted, they now have a conviction record too.

They have the rules because they have to. I didn't sell or serve alcohol to people with weird foreign passports, people with IDs from states that still don't have holograms/ use soft plastic/ etc, and obvious 35-40 year olds without their IDs all the time because I don't want an arrest record. It instantly bars you from doing exciting things like working overseas (anything on your record, even if no conviction and just an arrest and/ or charge = instant rejection in many countries) for the rest of your life. The risk isn't worth a $1 tip.

Emperador straight will put hair on your chest.
Not for the faint of heart. Better cleaning solvent than WD 40.
Do people still drink the OG? Or everyone just drink "Light"? There was none of that in my day.

Back