Buying alcohol and being underage

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How hard it is to buy alcohol as an underage in the place you live? In theory you need to 18 years old to buy alcohol where i live, but if you look at least 14 they usually sell it with no problem

Wasn't that hard to get it when I was underage. Sometimes parents would buy it, big brother or sister, or we just sat outside a 711 and asked randoms (got our money stolen more than once that way though LOL)

Wasn't that hard to get it when I was underage. Sometimes parents would buy it, big brother or sister, or we just sat outside a 711 and asked randoms (got our money stolen more than once that way though LOL)
Could you buy by yourself?

It was the easiest thing where I am.
The only time I got challenged was when I was actually over 18 but I'd been getting served for 2 years before then.
It was tricky to prove how old I was anyway, no id cards etc so unless you drive and have a driving licence you don't really have anything but I guess credit cards mean you're over 18 I think even if they don't have your age on them.

Easier for girls!

Especially if they dress like this.
FB_IMG_1578670297889.jpg

I was never asked for id when I was buying booze before I was legal age. I have been asked for id many times when I was legal age. The last time it happened is when I was 29 and the brat cashier was lucky if she was 20, I was not amused.

Liquor store by my house asked my dad if it was ok for me to buy beer at 16. He said Yes. My dad was a cool guy.

Only the 1st shift would sell it to me though and I had to be in my car and buy it when no one was in the store. Id be buying beer at 10am at 16 cause I couldnt get it later.

When I was a teenager in the 1980's, it was extremely difficult for minors to buy alcohol where I was. We used to drive around for hours trying to get a 6 pack of the Beast and some wine coolers for the girls.

But that all changed when I was 17. I got a completely bulletproof fake ID. It was literally a valid FL drivers license with my face on it and a 21 year olds information. I quickly became known as the guy that could get booze for people guaranteed with no hassle. Even during the school year, I made $40-$50 a week just charging a mark-up for that service, which was a tidy sum for a 17 y/o in 1986. Pretty girls got discounts on the mark-up and were always free to barter services for the goods.

The summer between my Jr and Sr year in HS I did not even work a job. I would just spend a couple hours every day raking people for the booze I bought for them. Another advantage was that I always knew what was going on, where the parties were, and what girls would be where. That was valuable information to have and not easy to come by a decade before cell phones. The school drug dealer and I were the only ones to even have beepers.

Last edited:
Ts, u ain't bang cock ready yet.

there was a liquor store by our high school
that the owner was cool af, however he
would over charges us for the beer

Started buying beer and booze in stores and a few select bars at fourteen.

First time I got proofed was my eighteenth birthday...

Ha ha!

You wont get alcohol here unless youre over 18 they will card you

Could you buy by yourself?
I used to be a bartender in America. The police send out undercover police officers. They find like balding 20 year olds that look 35-40 and give them fake IDs. Then they try to trick you into selling them alcohol. I've seen co-workers be put into handcuffs and arrested during their shift and driven to the police station to be fingerprinted and booked for selling alcohol to undercover police officers. They now have a permanent arrest record and a criminal record to go with it.

Even if you're of age, you will have a hard time doing it with an out-of-state ID or as a foreigner with a passport up until the age of ~40. Even if you looked 40, I still required a common ID that I was comfortable with just because some 20 year olds also look 40. Sorry if you're foreign with a weird passport or from a state with flimsy IDs; it's not my problem. I absolutely would not and did not risk an arrest record. It's just not worth the risk of ruining potential future career paths and such for a $1 tip. So no -- you can't buy by yourself in America if you're underage.

I had a fake ID around my jr/sr year in high school. My cousin who was an ESL student for a semester was returning to Korea, and gave me his DL. I mean, all asians look the same, right? It worked fine until eventually a former friend narc'd on me.

I was never asked for id when I was buying booze before I was legal age. I have been asked for id many times when I was legal age. The last time it happened is when I was 29 and the brat cashier was lucky if she was 20, I was not amused.
If you live in the US, she was just trying to not get arrested (which shows up on background checks) during her shift and a potential criminal record.. I used to have customers get so pissed at me but fuck'em a $1 tip isn't worth risking a record over. They don't realize how serious the potential consequences are to their bartender. Go complain to your lawmakers that turned our drinking laws and their enforcement into some authoritarian shit, don't bitch at me.

Last edited:
I grew up in a place that was like 97% white and had an extremely low crime rate. Unless you had a buyer or a really good fake ID you weren't buying alcohol, or even cigarettes for that matter.

Legal age was 19. I was getting served at 15. I was the kid that could grow a full beard in grade 8.

Got me enough for free booze while in high school as I could buy for others.

Legal age was 19. I was getting served at 15. I was the kid that could grow a full beard in grade 8.

Got me enough for free booze while in high school as I could buy for others.

Lol... You were the puberty monster. Every school has one and every boy envies him :D One of my buddies was able to grow a beard in the 5th grade. He was held back a year in 1st, but that's still pretty gnarly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back