Buy or Sell: Aaron Pico is the biggest hype bust of all time.

You buying or nah

• Total voters
It was Sage.

siT53N8.gif

Sage actually made it to the front of reddit with this gif....his hype was immense....and he had the UFC fully behind em.

Aaron Pico doesn't get close.

So this is kind of interesting
because there's a difference between UFC push and true hardcore hype.
MMA fans were so excited for Pico to join MMA, especially those who follow amateur wrestling. And MMA coaches and "insiders" were all on his nuts. People thought this dude was a future all time great

A bit different than sage who most people who seriously follow thought was.... okay? And maybe a little annoying but identiied him early as a product of early UFC push
But I mean Sage had a respectable 11-2 record in MMA before leaving the UFC on a win. And he lost to Cosmo Alexandre who is no joke. I'd argue that he's not really the same level of bust.

It was Sage.

siT53N8.gif

Sage actually made it to the front of reddit with this gif....his hype was immense....and he had the UFC fully behind em.

Lol no. Sage was getting attention solely from his looks. People legit thought Pico was a future GOAT.

Sage also wasn't brutally KO'd until he fought a legit kickboxer. Cosmo would smash Pico.

I like Aaron he's got mad potential I would rather see him get these tuf early losses out of the way and continue to learn, then to win all the time thinking this is easy and mma is the land of milk & honey, pussy, & money.

He looked awesome until he got caught with that knee, but Bellator is ruining him, bring in cans for him to destroy don’t give him legit pros.

The talent is clearly there, but his inexperience is killing him, should have had some ammy fights, then the regional circuit, then a big promotion.

He looked awesome until he got caught with that knee, but Bellator is ruining him, bring in cans for him to destroy don’t give him legit pros.

The talent is clearly there, but his inexperience is killing him, should have had some ammy fights, then the regional circuit, then a big promotion.
But if hes just crushing cans people complain that hes just crushing cans

It was Sage.

siT53N8.gif

I don’t think anyone ever thought Sage was the total package. We just new has superstar potential. He’s good looking, great body, young, exciting style, etc. he has/had a lot of fan boys but I don’t think anyone thought he’d be winning titles.

sell. he's a glass cannon with some solid athletic tools. the hype on him was insane and the records not great, but he its not like he got hype and then went 1-8 looking like shit like huerta did

Some people thought Josh Grispi was gonne be something special. He was a bust

Pico doesn't have any big name wins, he isn't a bust for me because I know he is a stud wrestler but I wasn't sold on him as an MMA fighter before he started.

His career thus far has been severely mismanaged.

At the right camp and with the right strategy, theres still a bright future for him.

Back