News Burns vs Magny UFC 283 on January 21

Magny is the epitome of a fighter. No ducking, no looking for easy match ups, no potential rank squatting, no obnoxious politics in general. He will fight anyone without an ounce of fear. I respect the heck out of him as a fighter.

That being said, still picking Burns though.

Last edited:
This is the perfect fight for both burns needs an ez win to get back in the mix, and Magny has put in the work fighting down he deserves a top guy opportunity.
Think burns gets the finish here.

It's the kinda bounce back fight Burns needs, getting knocked out by Usman's jab and then having a war with Khamzat is tough, the guy is getting old at 36 too. Too bad he didn't get the Jorge fight, he deserved a nice payday.

I think Burns takes this but we begin to see him slide off soon.

Damn you, I agree with everything. I hope I/we´re wrong about him "turning that corner" into old age, but it wouldn´t surprise me at all. I still expect him to pretty utterly destroy Magny though, which is a bummer because I´d like to see him put together a streak. But Burns needs it more.

Burns doesn't have much time left, he needs to make a run ASAP and fight top contenders, not gatekeepers. Why tf didn't they do Burns vs Belal, it's an awesome stylistic matchup. And Belal's name is bigger than Magny's at this point
But top contenders are gatekeepers

Magny has wins over
D Rod
Max Griffin
Jeff Neal
Lawler
Rocco
The leech
Condit
Lombard
Hendricks
Gastelem
Erick Silva
Tim Means

And you guys still doubt him??? Magny is a tough go on a good night for anyone.

Magny gest suqashed, as per always when he makes that jump up in competition. He earns a crack at the top fighters by running through lower-to mid-tier fighters without question then is clearly introduced to his ceiling, usually quite dramatically. He's been here A LOT in the past, gang.

LargeRegularBlesbok-max-1mb.gif

cfed0d67a9552d0de145dc67292eb60cf781dbd4.gifv

giphy.gif

Santiago-Ponzinibbio-UFC-Buenos-Aires-Highlights.jpg

I could go on.

The guy is the ultimate MMA overachiever.

Magny has wins over
D Rod
Max Griffin
Jeff Neal
Lawler
Rocco
The leech
Condit
Lombard
Hendricks
Gastelem
Erick Silva
Tim Means

Nope. We know exactly how good he is.

Which is why Burns is gonna beat him.

Belal deserves a title shot at this point, after winning 8 straight and beating back to back top 10 guys....He shouldn't be fighting old man Burns on a losing streak, does nothing for him. Belal vs Colby, Khamzat or maybe Shavkat (after he beats Neal) makes sense. Belal might just sit out until after Ramadan.
Yup, Belal is in Beneil territory. There's no reason to do anything but a strong number 1 contender fight. They both already deserve their title shots but they're in weird situations at the tops of their divisions.

Combined with their lack of popularity, they should only take fights where they can halt someone else's momentum or benefit off their opponent's name.

After cheap shotting Colby and now this, Masvidal is objectively a pussy.

Magny has wins over
D Rod
Max Griffin
Jeff Neal
Lawler
Rocco
The leech
Condit
Lombard
Hendricks
Gastelem
Erick Silva
Tim Means

D Rod
Max Griffin
Geoff Neal << second consecutive loss
Lawler << his FOURTH consecutive loss
Rocco << 8-6 UFC record journeyman
The leech << 11-6 UFC record, hasn't won consecutive fights since 2019
Condit << might be most egregious in the list, lost 5 of his last 7 and his next 2
Lombard << 3-8 UFC record, world famous flop, still nearly murdered Magny
Hendricks << THIRD consecutive loss, gets murdered in 2 of his next 3
Gastelem << controversial split decision, has gone 4-7 since
Erick Silva << just for the lulz?
Tim Means << bro

Condit had no business out there, was in a career spiral in the middle of a 5 fight losing streak. Hendricks in a similar situation. Lawler didn't belong out there and still doesn't, its a joke to use his name here. Kelvin is a talented guy who is not even a .500 fighter anymore, a story about wasted potential, and that was a split decision.

Magny can beat some but not all journeyman, guys like Leech and Means. He gets a goodly amount of those done. He doesn't beat elite fighters who are still in their fighting prime.

Burns gonna murder him.

Back