Burning Out

C

cmburns

So I've been really training hard the last couple weeks and eating less and much more clean then I used to. Unfortunately, on Friday I noticed I was tiring out VERY quickly at MT and my shoulder felt like I've did 1000 reps of OHP. I'm wondering if this is overtraining? I took the weekend off and just went to the gym today to ride the bike for 30 mins and a little stretching. I'm worried that I need to back off a bit, but at the same time I have so much drive to get in shape and progress at MT. Any thoughts or help?

Take a week off, and sleep and eat more.

De-load week my friend.

I used to never take them. Now ever 3-4 weeks I either take a week off, or just do bodyweight exercises with light assistance work (12-15 reps).

Be sure to eat a lot and rest up on your de-load weeks. You'll find that it really helps you come back stronger.

A whole week off!?! omg you're killing me here.

Can this happen from just cardio though? I've been putting a priority on my cardio and havn't lifted much lately. I didn't think it was as easy to overtrain that way as it is with strength training.

Do you think I would be O.K. just doing muay thai on Wednesday and Friday and not doing anything else besides that?

training really hard

eating less

^^ thats stupid. Try to fix your diet first. You need to be feeding your body for it to adapt to hard training.

Also make sure you are getting enough sleep.

If more sleep + more high quality food doesn't help, then take a week off.

Don't eat junkfood. Get some good protein and nutrient rich foods with veggies.

Well when I say eating less I mean not eating carbs all freaking day long. I've been eating lots of veggies and meat...but I'm sure my caloric intake has been reduced a lot from my diet changes.

So I should just eat like I did before until I get used to training hard...then reduce my food intake again? I'm looking to cut most of my fat off my body so that I can perform better in MT.

I'm no diet guru so take this with a grain of salt but I would suggest you go back to whatever you were eating and see if it makes you feel better.

If it does, start cutting the carbs back slowly.

What did you do, just cut back 3/4 of your carbs all at once?

Diet changes tend to be easier on the body when they are gradual.

Find a calorie count that makes you able to train hard then slowly cut it back a bit a week.

You don't need to lose all of your extra weight this week. Take 3 or 4 months and cut it down safely.

You'll end up in the same place but the path to get there will have been much more comfortable and you'll have been able to train harder along the way.

Well I completely changed my diet and carb intake. I stopped drinking half a gallon of milk a day (tons of carbs). I stopped eating bread. I pretty much get all my carbs from fruits, veggies and oatmeal now. I think that might be part of the problem?

Yeah, too big of a change too quickly.

There's nothing wrong with cutting that shit out of your diet. Just don't do it all in one day.

Take it slow and find out what works for your body.

Alright. I'm going to start eating more starting tomorrow. Thanks for all the help man, I appreciate it.

Low carbs is a great way to make yourself feel out of energy.

Back