Bullying.

As long as there are pussies, there will always be bullying.

Exactly. The pussies need to take out their aggression somehow, and they're certainly not going to choose someone their size.

I love that gif!

Bullying when I was in school was simple and straight forward.

Bully: Give me your money, or you're gay, or whatever.
Bullee: has a few choices. He can:

1. give in and continue to get bullied

2. fight back and risk getting beaten up BUT the bully whether he wins or lose will likely stop bullying you because it was a lot of work.

Today, it is very difficult to defend yourself as the Bullee! I would hate to be in school today.

I'm not sure where you grew up but it sure as hell did not work that way where I grew up.

it will never stop but to be honest i think there ARE ways to diminish it. the problem is that many of the chill kids in school- who are liked by everyone or by most i should say and never picked on aren't bullies. and they're not bullied either. they exist in the area free of it but they do nothing to combat it. if you had guys of the stereotypical sports star but also honors student/class president- going out of their way to make others feel secure and welcome then you'd probably have some of the douchers who make trouble follow suit.

thats one thing about a lot of bullies- they are confident but they dont want to attack people who pose a challenge back- whether a physical challenge or some sort of status challenge. you get Joe All-American calling a doofier kid to the lunch table to hang out with his buddies and suddenly you have drawn a line in the sand to an extent. the old idea that bullies are insecure people is bullshit. tehy're confident but they also know who to target and whom to leave alone. certain groups and cliques could improve the situation considerably but they're not likely to do it because no one really ever encourages it to be done.

i was lucky to be a well-liked person in school so i didnt get bullied but i wasn't "cool" either. but i feel a lot of "cool" kids who aren't bullies could make efforts- more subtle ones than the US is trying to promote to curb the devastating impact of bullying.

I'm not sure where you grew up but it sure as hell did not work that way where I grew up.

That's unfortunate. Any time I was pushed around, and fought back, whether I won the fight or not, I was left alone. I just figured I was too much work for the $1.50 he wanted...

I got bullied to no end outside of school, like really bad. To the point I generally feared about going outside.

I don't think it'll ever stop. It's human nature. It also happens with animals, with some animals, the strongest animal will take out the weakest of their own specie

It's just life unfortunately.

That's unfortunate. Any time I was pushed around, and fought back, whether I won the fight or not, I was left alone. I just figured I was too much work for the $1.50 he wanted...

Oh - I see you're from Brockville ...

bullies are quite different depending on the area.

Low income housing, dumb fucking people neighborhood - if you were the target of bullying, there was no end. Beaten down once - expect to be beaten down many times. I got punked a few times and LUCKILY my best buddy and his dad started taking me to the boxing club in town. We had nothing to do all summer but cause shit or hang out at the club. The first day back from summer vacation someone tried me and i damn near killed him. I believe the ONLY reason I wasn't bullied anymore was because I was now feared. it didn't hurt that my best buddy was feared by everyone.

Middle class neighborhood - A LOT LESS BULLYING. Bullies were alienated and if they pushed it too far it wasn't uncommon to see someone stomp them.

From what I can tell with my kids now in grade 5 and 2 is that there are is a lot less bullying, virtually no fights, and a general better environment at school.

I think bullying is different in middle class and low income neighborhoods, but they are equally bad. I think it's worse, honestly, to be humiliated with words then to be beaten up. Just my opinion though.

Bullying will never stop, therefore it's up to the person being bullied to stand up and fight back.

the problem with this, is that schools will usually punish both parties involved.

this is why a lot of kids don't fight back. they don't want to get into trouble with their classes and their parents.

the biggest issues here is not with the kids. it's the responsibility of both the school and the parents. bullies are created by bad parenting, or by having no parenting at all.

the adults are the ones who are supposed to resolve this issue. not the kids.

the problem with this, is that schools will usually punish both parties involved.

this is why a lot of kids don't fight back. they don't want to get into trouble with their classes and their parents.

the biggest issues here is not with the kids. it's the responsibility of both the school and the parents. bullies are created by bad parenting, or by having no parenting at all.

I don't disagree with this but that doesn't take away the fact that the bullied kid has to stand up for him or herself, even in spite of the school or parent's inaction.

I don't disagree with this but that doesn't take away the fact that the bullied kid has to stand up for him or herself, even in spite of the school or parent's inaction.

i don't see why the child should be reprimanded at all.

if a bully is bullying others, then it seems to me, that the bully should be the only person getting into trouble.

An older kid punched me in the stomach once at school because I refused to give up my seat during an assembly. We both got in trouble. The principal told him that he shouldn't have punched me cause punching is wrong and told me I should have given him my seat simply because he wanted it.

I didn't go to a very smart school.

nope & a tough/sore issue

problems @ home & in the environment causes an individual to project (psychology) their problems onto others

mlp recently did an episode on bullying called one bad apple

Hey guys, i got a question.

Do you guys think bullying will ever stop? I'm a Senior in High School and i'm constantly seeing bullying everywhere and i see these commericals saying "Let's end bullying together", and i just can't see that happening. It's really messed up but hey, That's society. And it's not even the "Jocks" who bully these kids, it's these fake wannabe Gangsters and these Hipster kids.

So, do guys think bullying will ever stop, and if so, Do you have a solution?

No, it won't stop. But I think by raising awareness bullying can be reduced.

Edit: On a side note (it's only my opinion) if more kids were taught some form of self defense (along with the discipline that goes with it) they can be more confident in standing up for themselves.

No, it won't stop. But I think by raising awareness bullying can be reduced.

Edit: On a side note (it's only my opinion) if more kids were taught some form of self defense (along with the discipline that goes with it) they can be more confident in standing up for themselves.

wat if the kids u teach were bullies

Teasing will probably never stop.

Bullying can and should. For me, the difference the two is that bullying evokes intimidation and restricts kids from normal activities both in and out of school.

Getting teased for, say, having big ears is fine. If you get mocked mercilessly about it to the point where it's hard to function in and out of class- not fine.

It won't stop because bullies will never suddenly choose to not be bullies. I've always solved severe bullying problems by baiting the bully into hitting me and then hurting him, a lot. The few people who have tried to bully me stopped after I hurt them. This can be an effective (and often necessary) solution, but different people may need to employ different strategies.

as long as there are insecure idiots, they will always feel the need to spread the pain

kids just need to get comfortable in their own skin and move on

Bullying will never end. I think if somebody is bullying you,you should just fight them. Make sure to hit them first. maybe even touch them with teh soccer kick.

Back