Bullying.

I have kids and my plan is to educate them on how not to be bullied in the first place.

When I went to school, the rules favored the bullies and screwed anyone who wanted to further their education.

Situation:

Kid A: Problem kid, spends some days in our "in school suspension program". This does not bother him as he does not plan on furthering his education.

Kid B: Above average student, plans on furthering his education. Maybe has received a detention for being late etc. but no suspensions to report on college application.

Kid A starts a scuffle with kid B, and then mocks him and picks on him for not fighting back.

If kid B fights back: Kid A has a few more days in school suspension. Kid B has his first in school suspension which has to be reported to university applications.

One of my friends didn't get accepted to University of Chicago bc of a suspension and got stuck going to Northwestern because of it.

Its NEVER going to stop. EVER. Its unfortunate because kids are cruel as fuck these days but its the sad truth. Luckily all throughout my years of school I was never bullied and, not much bullying really went on.

There was this one kid who slapped me, pushed me, and put a used tissue on my desk who i kinda bullied though. Id never pick on some kid who sat by himself at lunch or, some kid who played in the band.

Yeah, just as soon as teenagers stop having sex and smoking pot.

So no, I don't think it can possibly stop. Telling kids not to bully each other is to tell them to do something that goes against their very nature.

Alot of it today has to do with social media I think too. These kids are constantly using Facebook, Twitter, MSN or whatever and that cant be very good for the unpopular kids.

You'd imagine that they'd shut that sort of thing off but it's all they know these days.

Donnie Darko says it best here at 2:14

It's human nature, so no. I also don't believe in the "tell a teacher, instead of sticking up for yourself", bullshit. The kids these days are going to be incredibly dependent when they grow up. The average age for moving out of your parents' house is going to be 35.

Of course it can stop! All Obama has to do is make it illegal and *poof*, no bullying!

I bust my kid's balls a lot at home though, just so he gets some thick skin. That shit is needed in life. I encourage him to come up with witty retorts and shit also, so he can dish it right back out if he is ever bullied in school or life.

i was going to respond with a negative comment, but after re-reading this, i think it's somewhat of a good thing.

it is good to not get bent out of shape over every negative thing said about you.

i was going to respond with a negative comment, but after re-reading this, i think it's somewhat of a good thing.

it is good to not get bent out of shape over every negative thing said about you.

I agree. We live in a pretty laid-back household. I think household is where it starts, for sure.

As long as people continue to exist, so will some form of bullying.

I had a pretty stereotypical bully in my school like out of the movies. He stayed back twice in 5th grade so he was in elementary school and was much, much bigger and dumber than everyone else. He bullied half the kids in the school but obviously as everyone got older they started standing up to him more so it became less common. He's probably dead, in jail, or flipping burgers now. He was a piece of shit.

There was definitely a lot of bullying in my school though. Some kids would pick on a special ed student with cerebral palsy... and this was late in high school. Some kids are just raised by worthless pieces of trash so they become worthless pieces of trash. That will never change.

That kid used to beat the shit out of me in kindergarten.

goodgifhunting_punch.gif

I dont think it will ever cease to exist however it could be controlled and hopefully diminished. All these campaigns are trying to create a conscience in kids... would the message go thru all kids? no I dont think it will, but I think some will.

Some ****s were always messing with "weaker" individuals when I was younger. I was "bullied" when I was younger, I really didn't pay any attention to it, but once it got physical I made one of the idiots cry in front of his "friends" whom then continued to laugh at him, I believe the kid learnt his lesson.

I think it starts at home, teaching your kid the right values etc. No surprise that the bully's parents are usually even bigger dumbasses. But yeah, it won't go away.

Bullying will never stop, therefore it's up to the person being bullied to stand up and fight back.

Honestly, I used to always get bullied. People would talk mad trash to me, make fun of me, etc. One day I came home crying, and my Dad got mad at me and told me I should fight them. So I did, and they never bothered me again.

On the flip side, I've seen people get bullied and then commit suicide from bullying.

If you bully people for the sheer fun of it, you should stop.

Also, to the op, if you see someone being bullied, you should stop it.

Back