Bullying.

Heat13

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, i got a question.

Do you guys think bullying will ever stop? I'm a Senior in High School and i'm constantly seeing bullying everywhere and i see these commericals saying "Let's end bullying together", and i just can't see that happening. It's really messed up but hey, That's society. And it's not even the "Jocks" who bully these kids, it's these fake wannabe Gangsters and these Hipster kids.

So, do guys think bullying will ever stop, and if so, Do you have a solution?

I just think it's human/animalistic nature to pick on the runts, so no, I don't think it will ever stop.

Let's start this thread with a good working definition of bullying...

I think that word has been taking on a whole different meaning in the past year or so.

I honestly don't really know what people are talking about when they talk about bullying anymore, I know it's not about lunch money. I think any unkindness toward another individual is getting labeled as bullying these days.

Maybe not in high school.

But I have a 12-year-old boy, and bullying is pretty much nonexistent in middle schools and earlier. At least where I'm from.

Definitely ain't like it was back in the 90's, that's for sure. You got bullied for EVERYTHING back then. it was like a rite of passage.

I bust my kid's balls a lot at home though, just so he gets some thick skin. That shit is needed in life. I encourage him to come up with witty retorts and shit also, so he can dish it right back out if he is ever bullied in school or life.

Hey guys, i got a question

So, do guys think bullying will ever stop, and if so, Do you have a solution?

No. Like racism, the war on drugs and any other kind if bullshit pointless crusade people want to try and put an end to, it will never happen.

As long as there are pussies, there will always be bullying.

Depends on what type of bullying we're talking.

Its actually a part of growing up, either being the bullyer or bullyee. Mild stuff is always going to be around. But you do hope to end serious stuff like ass kickings or severe emotional torment

It's part of human nature to take advantage of situations for whatever reasons, some people do this by bullying. It's never going to be even close to eradicated but to be honest I think it's good chracter building, in my experience I've always bounced back a better person from any sort of adversity. When my friends were bullied in middle school I stood up for them which makes me look back and think I wasn't such a dickhead, if anything I think it's made to be more than it is in society today; people just need to man up.

Not unless we bioengineer all of our children to be the same size.

Casey Heynes says it will,

Casey_Heynes_Bully_25.gif

I just think it's human/animalistic nature to pick on the runts, so no, I don't think it will ever stop.

This. All people can do is try to raise their children not to be victims/easy targets, and instill them with a sense of decorum - i. e. preying on the weak is wrong. Still, kids will always be dicks to each other.

It's part of human nature to take advantage of situations for whatever reasons, some people do this by bullying. It's never going to be even close to eradicated but to be honest I think it's good chracter building, in my experience I've always bounced back a better person from any sort of adversity. When my friends were bullied in middle school I stood up for them which makes me look back and think I wasn't such a dickhead, if anything I think it's made to be more than it is in society today; people just need to man up.

Agreed, proud to have stuck it to a few bullies in my time, the prevailing theme in this thread though is a disgust to the bullied for being sissies rather than a disgust to the bullies.

I interpret bullying as any situation within a social group whereby one person with high self esteem picks out another person with low self esteem and puts them down to make themselves feel good.

This. All people can do is try to raise their children not to be victims/easy targets, and instill them with a sense of decorum - i. e. preying on the weak is wrong. Still, kids will always be dicks to each other.

Bullying frequently crosses over into adulthood and the workplace.

I love that gif!

Bullying when I was in school was simple and straight forward.

Bully: Give me your money, or you're gay, or whatever.
Bullee: has a few choices. He can:

1. give in and continue to get bullied

2. fight back and risk getting beaten up BUT the bully whether he wins or lose will likely stop bullying you because it was a lot of work.

Today, it is very difficult to defend yourself as the Bullee! I would hate to be in school today.

Last edited:
Is hazing considered bullying?

Because that shit was fun and built comradery

Is hazing considered bullying?

Because that shit was fun and built comradery

There is a distinct yet subtle (oxymoron, I know) difference between the two.

Hazing is a right of passage into a group, but can be considered bullying if the hazee says stop, I don't want in, and it continues.

I was hazed many times for sports. Some of it was cruel and unusual, but you always knew that it was for something greater than simply gaining the respect of a douchbag...

itll never stop ...because theres no way to stop people from wanting to be dicks lol

I agree. When you look at each situation individually it is sad but this is preparing kids for the world and human nature. There are billions of kids, some aren't going to be able to come out on top.

No. Like racism, the war on drugs and any other kind if bullshit pointless crusade people want to try and put an end to, it will never happen.

This ^

I LOL at the "world peace" nuts. Yeah.....that will never happen. Families can't get along and you want the world to love each other..........pst, please!

Back