Bullshit Alert: ON "Nitro Core 24":

Interesting. I just got a sample pack of this stuff from GNC with my last order.

I would assume their "10 protein sources" are that which are listed under the Protein Blend in ingredients, but I only count 9.

we recently received this at my GNC store as well...how the hell am I suppose to sell this sh*t when its right next to procomplex?

lol Excellent post.

I saw this the other day and remembered this thread, so I checked it out just out of curiosity. Looked like the ingredients listed whey isolate and whey concentrate. Is that what they're trying to do, list different types of the same protein as "different sources"

Yeah, there's very small variances like a couple g of protein and sodium differences. But the whey is the the exact same base whey protein. If one advertises better "quality" than the other, or if a person believes one is better quality than the other, that's not true.

Yes, I work for a Franchise store in Vegas that happens to have an unfortunate tendency to tell the Public the truth.

Four grams is significant. You're a stockboy for a GNC. Good for you. You don't know shit except when to clock in and when to clock out, and that you can't take the day after Thanksgiving off because Mary already took that day.

If they were the same, they'd at least have the same nutritional numbers. STFU until you've been in both manufacturing plants.

Four grams is significant. You're a stockboy for a GNC. Good for you. You don't know shit except when to clock in and when to clock out, and that you can't take the day after Thanksgiving off because Mary already took that day.

If they were the same, they'd at least have the same nutritional numbers. STFU until you've been in both manufacturing plants.

normal_ban_him.jpg

Their based out of different locations, one is a subsidiary of an international company, their ingredients in their competing products is different, the amount of protein is significantly different, they don't taste the same, but other than those things, they're IDENTICAL!

I suppose if you worked at McDonalds you'd tell us that the Big Mac and Whopper are the same.

MORE

ON!

GNC offers 64.5% protein per serving. Optimum Nutrition offers 81.6% protein per serving. That is a SIGNIFICANT difference.

"But they're the same!"

Well, if anybody should know, a stockboy should! He's probably in on all of the shareholder meetings as well.

JFC, that's not even close to being the same. Nice story breaking, Skippy.

GNC offers 64.5% protein per serving. Optimum Nutrition offers 81.6% protein per serving. That is a SIGNIFICANT difference.

"But they're the same!"

Well, if anybody should know, a stockboy should! He's probably in on all of the shareholder meetings as well.

JFC, that's not even close to being the same. Nice story breaking, Skippy.

O RLY? What is there in place of the protein? Two carbz and a gram of fat!? Oh, no!!!

There are few things I hate more than protein snobbery. If you digestive issues that's one thing, but to think that you're getting something special from ON that you won't get from a generic concentrate/isolate mix (such as GNC or EAS whey protein), then you're being silly. I'd like to tear apart your stupid posts but I think it's only fair that we let KK do that, since you attacked him.

its the same protein manufacterer, thats all

and lol this guy hasnt posted for 3 years just to rant on this

This crap:

NitroCore 24 - $39.99 : Optimum Nutrition, The Bigger Picture

Is a blatant lie. It's very simple, there just aren't 10 "distinct" sources of protein in it. Call them, you'll see. They'll say they can't tell you what all 10 of them are, because of limitations of Federal Regulations.

The limitation is, you can't list two ingredients that are exactly the same as two separate ingredients.

I think the correct number is 6. We called them on it personally at our store.

Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides
Ion-Exchange Whey Protein Isolate
Cross-Flow Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate
Unfiltered Whey Protein Concentrate
Glutamine Peptides
Egg Albumen
Milk Protein Isolate
Ultrafiltered Milk Protein Concentrate
Micellar Casein
Calcium Caseinate

Which of those 10 protein sources are identical?

its the same protein manufacterer, thats all

and lol this guy hasnt posted for 3 years just to rant on this

What difference does that make? Do you think posting regularly on Sherdog makes you an expert in something? Sherdog is widely known as the biggest joke of an MMA forum, and the forum other forums don't want to be.

Do you have a point?

O RLY? What is there in place of the protein? Two carbz and a gram of fat!? Oh, no!!!

There are few things I hate more than protein snobbery. If you digestive issues that's one thing, but to think that you're getting something special from ON that you won't get from a generic concentrate/isolate mix (such as GNC or EAS whey protein), then you're being silly. I'd like to tear apart your stupid posts but I think it's only fair that we let KK do that, since you attacked him.

O RLY?

:icon_lol:

Isn't it time for 5th period? Or are you still in recess?

There are few things I hate more than protein snobbery.

One of them is apparently not accuracy. When somebody says two products are identical and they happen to be not even close to identical, that doesn't bug you. But somebody pointing out the fact that the two products are not identical does bug you.

I think what bugs you the most is somebody with a low post count posting on your precious Sherdog. Go ahead and rip into my post. Don't puss out of it by saying you're going to leave it to somebody else. If you have something to say and some science to back it, then say it. Are two items identical when one has 81% protein and the other has 60%? Is the answer to that question "Yes, because he's my buddy and he posts a lot" ?

Sheep.

Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides
Ion-Exchange Whey Protein Isolate
Cross-Flow Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate
Unfiltered Whey Protein Concentrate
Glutamine Peptides
Egg Albumen
Milk Protein Isolate
Ultrafiltered Milk Protein Concentrate
Micellar Casein
Calcium Caseinate

Which of those 10 protein sources are identical?

Yeah! And you should start eating my supermassgainer, with 10 distinct sources of carbs, which include such superfoods as:

Apples
Cut up apples
Applesauce
Apple chunks
Apple chunks in applesauce
Applesauce inside an apple shell
An apple that I shook violently
Apples cut into shapes of the american flag
Apples that I thought about eating with oatmeal
Whey superisolate: with molecules separated manually using atomic force microscopy

Yeah! And you should start eating my supermassgainer, with 10 distinct sources of carbs, which include such superfoods as:

Apples
Cut up apples
Applesauce
Apple chunks
Apple chunks in applesauce
Applesauce inside an apple shell
An apple that I shook violently
Apples cut into shapes of the american flag
Apples that I thought about eating with oatmeal
Whey superisolate: with molecules separated manually using atomic force microscopy

Bullshit, "Whey superisolate: with molecules separated manually using atomic force microscopy" not apples.

Bullshit, "Whey superisolate: with molecules separated manually using atomic force microscopy" not apples.

I forgot to mention that it was brought within 100km of an apple tree, so it technically has some apple in it.

One of them is apparently not accuracy. When somebody says two products are identical and they happen to be not even close to identical, that doesn't bug you. But somebody pointing out the fact that the two products are not identical does bug you.

I think what bugs you the most is somebody with a low post count posting on your precious Sherdog. Go ahead and rip into my post. Don't puss out of it by saying you're going to leave it to somebody else. If you have something to say and some science to back it, then say it. Are two items identical when one has 81% protein and the other has 60%? Is the answer to that question "Yes, because he's my buddy and he posts a lot" ?

Sheep.

They're not identical in composition, but they are nearly identical in effect and utility, and that's all I (or anyone else here) cares about.

ON is great stuff, but it is foolish to believe that there is a vast difference in performance to be gleaned from different types of whey protein powders.

If you believe there is, you might enjoy this:
http://www.badasssupplements.com/images/uploads/E-M/Muscletech_Nitro-Tech_Hardcore_4lb.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back