Bullshit Alert: ON "Nitro Core 24":

Sinister

Doctor of Doom
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
This crap:

http://www.optimumnutrition.com/products/nitrocore-24-p-261.html

Is a blatant lie. It's very simple, there just aren't 10 "distinct" sources of protein in it. Call them, you'll see. They'll say they can't tell you what all 10 of them are, because of limitations of Federal Regulations.

The limitation is, you can't list two ingredients that are exactly the same as two separate ingredients.

I think the correct number is 6. We called them on it personally at our store.

I thought ON was fairly reputable as far as their products...guess greed gets to everyone eventually.

Oh no. That is sad. Thanks for the lookout KK.

I thought ON was fairly reputable as far as their products...guess greed gets to everyone eventually.

That's what I thought too. I've heard so many good things from folks on here about ON. Sucks they can't just be happy putting out a quality product and making money on it without screwing people and lying about it.

ON and GNC Pro Performance are the same manufacturers. So if you know anyone who says GNC brand sucks, and ON is great, same shit.

ON and GNC Pro Performance are the same manufacturers. So if you know anyone who says GNC brand sucks, and ON is great, same shit.

Where does Creapure fit into all this, if at all? On the Pro Performance container of monohydrate I bought, there was no Creapure trademark. I'm assuming ON doesn't supply the CM for GNC.

did a search, read KK's BS alert on the product. So, if there are only 6 protein source instead of 10 as advertised, is it still a good product? Seems like good stuff(except for the price). Supposed to taste great, and with the multiple protein sources does it really matter if its 6 and not 10? Also, how do the protein sources compare to syntha-6 by BSN?

did a search, read KK's BS alert on the product. So, if there are only 6 protein source instead of 10 as advertised, is it still a good product? Seems like good stuff(except for the price). Supposed to taste great, and with the multiple protein sources does it really matter if its 6 and not 10? Also, how do the protein sources compare to syntha-6 by BSN?

It would mean it's no different than any other blended protein on the market. And no one can tell you if something tastes great, that's like someone telling you they'd be able to pick the right girlfriend for you.

This might sound stupid. Do they have identical product lines (like Camaro vs Firebird) or just the same quality manufacture but without bells and whistles (like Escalade vs Sunfire)?

Bit of both.

'Greed is good'

I mean bad

GNC
Calories 120
Protein 20
Carb 5

ON
Calories 120
Protein 24
Carb 3

Yeah, there's very small variances like a couple g of protein and sodium differences. But the whey is the the exact same base whey protein. If one advertises better "quality" than the other, or if a person believes one is better quality than the other, that's not true.

King K do you work at GNC?

Yes, I work for a Franchise store in Vegas that happens to have an unfortunate tendency to tell the Public the truth.

Back