• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bubba deserves respect

Eh. The way he performed against Hall was just complete shit. He had no heart in that fight.

He has heart accepting that fight.

If that is your career you shouldn't fear anyone. Kelvin a very young guy with a few fights wasn't scared and showed what heart really is.

Bubba should retire imo

If that is your career you shouldn't fear anyone. Kelvin a very young guy with a few fights wasn't scared and showed what heart really is.

Bubba should retire imo

This. They gave him all the chances in the world. Wildcard etc... not to mention a fight on the main card agains Gilbrert for Christ sake. Are they really serious? Bubba has no business in the UFC.

Bubba should retire imo

Who do you think you are to say he should retire?!
He won his first UFC fight. Ok it was against a guy who is not UFC level, but even if you consider he souldn't be fighting in the UFC, it doesn't mean he should retire.

I really disliked Bubba from his douchey moves during the show, but I think the Hall KO finally humbled him. After the win over Gilbert, he was very humble, and he seemed like a genuine, chill dude. Whether it was being knocked out or the production team maybe making him out to be a worse guy than he really is, he's definitely changed. I doubt he'll go far in the UFC, but I respect him.

And fuck the guys who say accepting the fight isn't shit. By signing that contract, they put their lives on the line for your entertainment. No matter how shitty their personality is, it takes a special kind of person to agree to FIGHT and risk an embarrassing knockout or grievous injury in front of MILLIONS of people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D79MMSYMdgo

Bubba fought very well in the finale.

And fuck the guys who say accepting the fight isn't shit. By signing that contract, they put their lives on the line for your entertainment. [/URL]

:rolleyes:I get so tired of that statement. It is grossly exaggerated. Who has died in the UFC fighting?

He is a fighter. He is trying to make a living supposedly doing what he loves. Some fighters do it for the paycheck.

But it isn't some grand noble thing.

:rolleyes:I get so tired of that statement. It is grossly exaggerated. Who has died in the UFC fighting?

He is a fighter. He is trying to make a living supposedly doing what he loves. Some fighters do it for the paycheck.

But it isn't some grand noble thing.

'Kay get in the cage with Uriah Hall. If you lose, you're a pussy.

Bubba wanted a second chance but didn't want to fight best fighter in the house ^

'Kay get in the cage with Uriah Hall. If you lose, you're a pussy.

What would that prove? The anwer is nothing.

My point is fighters don't "put their lives on the line for our entertainment." Name one UFC fighter that has died from fighting.

And they don't do it out of some noble intent merely for entertaining people out of the goodness of their hearts. They like the money, the fighting, the adoration and fame. Very few would entertain us if they didn't get any of those other things as well out of it.

Me "getting in the cage" with a fighter does not make my point less valid. That is just stupid.:rolleyes:

Bubba is a very good fighter. He happened to line up against the two finalists. Had he not spent so much time obsessing over who he fought, he might not have ended up with the two worst possible picks.

Eh. The way he performed against Hall was just complete shit. He had no heart in that fight.

and can you imagine that a big guy like him cuts weight 3 times in a month. It's brutal. Basically all he concentrated is cutting weight. It ruined everything. Don't judge a fighter solely by his tuf performance.

This. They gave him all the chances in the world. Wildcard etc... not to mention a fight on the main card agains Gilbrert for Christ sake. Are they really serious? Bubba has no business in the UFC.

Bubba's ufc debut was good. Very technical fighter.

Back