bsn or muscle milk?

This thread started out fine, but it's time for it to die....PLEASE

monkey.jpg

The first time I ever read the nutritional information for Muscle Mlik, I laughed my ass off and couldn't believe they called it a performance supplement. The original mix was just loaded with fats, carbs, and didn't really have much protein. As mentioned earlier, it tasted like cake mix- but really wasn't worth the container it was packaged in.

Now that they have reformulated their mixture(s), it is a little more respectable... but still horrifically overpriced. The flavors are great, although it still doesn't offer the potency serious lifters are after... not to mention the unwanted carbohydrate/fat/satfat tag-alongs. I will only buy Muscle Milk if I am in a pinch and am unable to consume higher quality protein- such as Optimum Nutrition's.

Only in dire straights do I bother with it,
-Chris

It's been a long time since I've seen a post this laughable.

You really shouldn't be giving any advice on anything nutritional, nor stating what it is you do. It's very painfully obvious that the first time you read a muscle milk label you had no idea what you were looking at, and have no idea about nutritional viability. That's even further evidenced by your thinking that the change in formula made it any more respectable than it was before.

Lastly, there is absolutely nothing higher quality about ON's Whey Protein, if that's what you were referring to. It's as generic a whey protein concentrate as you can get.

Please, take some classes or at least do some actual reading before attempting to advise or down-play anything around here.

they both suck. MM has way too much fat, carbs, thats why it tastes so good.

go with Optimum Nutrition whey protein. Its the best hands down. This is to be ingested whenever, but i recommend also getting a casein protein as well to take before you go to bed bc remember your body is in a catabolic state while asleep, so the casein protein totally kicks ass.

So MM is crap, get Whey instead but make sure you get a slow digesting Casein program like MM for before you go to bed?

Makes sense.

I recently tried Muscle Milk cookies n cream because I was told it's the best tasting thing on the market. All I can say is...

really? THAT is the best? It was mediocre at best and given the ingredient list I don't see why anyone would ever buy it unless they just didn't know any better.

A guy at the beer store told me Busch was the best tasting beer in the world.

It's been a long time since I've seen a post this laughable.

You really shouldn't be giving any advice on anything nutritional, nor stating what it is you do. It's very painfully obvious that the first time you read a muscle milk label you had no idea what you were looking at, and have no idea about nutritional viability. That's even further evidenced by your thinking that the change in formula made it any more respectable than it was before.

Lastly, there is absolutely nothing higher quality about ON's Whey Protein, if that's what you were referring to. It's as generic a whey protein concentrate as you can get.

Please, take some classes or at least do some actual reading before attempting to advise or down-play anything around here.

Come on Liu, it's a well known fact that the original formula was just sugars and fats, but the new forumula is better because they replaced that stuff with dextrose and lipids.

lol Holy shit how'd you get in the 30,000's?

I wish people weren't so stupid as to not understand the roles of carbs an fats. I've seen figures competitors on cutting cycles use Muscle Milk for their large calorie meals and still make it down to 3% bodyfat. Carbs and fat are not evil, and Muscle Milk is not a "protein shake"...it's more than that and it's supposed to be.

A guy at the beer store told me Busch was the best tasting beer in the world.

I mean that people on the forums rave about it and continually vote it/mention it one of the top tasting supplements. I was not impressed.

Taste is subjective. Never listen to anyone on any taste. Try it, if you're not impressed, you're not impressed. No one can tell you whether or not you'll be impressed.

P.S. - The ingredient list is fine.

I mean that people on the forums rave about it and continually vote it/mention it one of the top tasting supplements. I was not impressed.

You only tried one flavour. BSN and MM are consistently rated amongst the best tasting proteins out there. You didn't like it, that's fine, I'm just trying to reassure you that it's not stupid to try something that most people say tastes really good. Sure beats going in and buying something without ANY feedback.

You also have to take into account that alot of us have tried many different brands, so we have a lot more to compare it to.

Taste is subjective. Never listen to anyone on any taste. Try it, if you're not impressed, you're not impressed. No one can tell you whether or not you'll be impressed.

Root Beer float MM tastes nasty, but some of the guys here love it.

I don't like a lot of the natural flavours either.

Im trying to decide what supplement i wanna take. Im trying to gain like 10-15 pounds in the next couple months. Im 165 now and am looking into getting Muscle Milk Collegiate. Do any of you guys have any exp with it?
Here is the facts on it.
Amount Per Serving:

Calories 580
Calories from Fat 70
Total Fat 7g
-Saturated Fat 2.5g
Cholesterol 35mg
Total Carbohydrate 89g
-Dietary Fiber 4g
-Sugars 5g
Protein 40g

Vitamin A 1750 IU
Vitamin C 21 mg
Vitamin D 140 IU
Vitamine E 11 IU
Thiamin .5 mg
Riboflavin .6 mg
Niacin 7mg
Vitamin B6 .7 mg
Folate 140 mcg
Vitamin B12 2.1 mg
Biotin 105 mcg
Pantothenic Acid 4 mg
Calcium 800 mg
Iron 9 mg
Phosphorous 400 mg
Iodine 53 mcg
Magnesium 140 mg
Zinc 6 mg
Copper .7 mg
Chromium 102 mcg
Sodium 330 mg
Potassium 530 mg

Only draw back I see is that its 4 scoops a serving making a 5 pound tube only 16 servings.

Back