Bryan Caraway turns down Jon Dodson fight due to "Personal Reasons"

I didn't know having a vagina was considered a personal reason.

I'm starting to wonder if he wants to be released. It might explain his refusal to fight anybody.

Caraway is a special kind of wuss.

Dude's looking for a path to a title shot by trying to fight guys out of their prime or coming off losses.

How the fuck does a thread about Caraway not taking a fight turn into Sherdoggers fantasising about Miesha fucking black dudes. You people are creepy, little fucking weirdos.

Caraway is a special kind of wuss.

Dude's looking for a path to a title shot by trying to fight guys out of their prime or coming off losses.

It's a ridiculous notion on his part. What does he possibly have for the likes of Cruz or even Dillashaw if he's not confident enough fighting anyone in the top 5 or at the very least, some one that's a proven elite fighter. I get that getting yourself a title shot at least gives you a percentage of a chance to win the title. But there's literally nothing he could offer Cruz.

How the fuck does a thread about Caraway not taking a fight turn into Sherdoggers fantasising about Miesha fucking black dudes. You people are creepy, little fucking weirdos.

Well they have to bring it up organically.

I'm guessing that he's focusing entirely on Miesha Tate's training right now. The title fight with Holly in March, so that would mean just about a month to get himself ready for Dodson.

PS - What's up with all these "scared" responses? Dude's a professional fighter. Ya'll must be navy seals.

I'm guessing that he's focusing entirely on Miesha Tate's training right now. The title fight with Holly in March, so that would mean just about a month to get himself ready for Dodson.

PS - What's up with all these "scared" responses? Dude's a professional fighter. Ya'll must be navy seals.
That's probably the real reason, and not entirely unreasonable. But who wants to speculate on reasonable things?

It's a ridiculous notion on his part. What does he possibly have for the likes of Cruz or even Dillashaw if he's not confident enough fighting anyone in the top 5 or at the very least, some one that's a proven elite fighter. I get that getting yourself a title shot at least gives you a percentage of a chance to win the title. But there's literally nothing he could offer Cruz.
Any fight for him against guys ranked higher than him would either resemble his fight against Assunçao or would be similar to when he got knocked out on TUF. He's doing himself no favours waiting for an easy fight to come his way. He's 31 years old. He needs to fight as often as possible even if he loses a couple before age takes it's toll. The only thing that's keeping him alive is the fact that he gets pocket money from Miesha.

So he's refusing all these fights over the past year and a half against good opponents (only accepting to fight the rapidly declining Eddie Wineland) because he's focused everything on Miesha? Come on.

Just because you're a professional fighter doesn't mean you won't refuse fights against guys that you know would kick your ass and try to get the easiest path to the title shot possible.

Jesus god damn christ Caraway. Just openly ducks every single fight offered.

So he's refusing all these fights over the past year and a half against good opponents (only accepting to fight the rapidly declining Eddie Wineland) because he's focused everything on Miesha? Come on.
all these fights? I was speculating on why he may have turned down to fight this April. Wasn't talking about anything else. Also don't know why your jimmies are rustled over Caraway's career-management.

Doesn't she have her own trainer, or is he her trainer or what? She's a grown woman, so is Bryan, they should be able to train alongside eachother.

Doesn't she have her own trainer, or is he her trainer or what? She's a grown woman, so is Bryan, they should be able to train alongside eachother.
I don't think this is something that can be explained. If you don't get it, you don't get it.

Back