Bryan Barberena x Warlley Alves official for UFC Brazil (198)!

Mods, what about a poll?

The title bout between Werdum and Mioci is still not confirmed, but Combate is claiming that UFC 198 is happening in Brazil, May 14th. Just a few more details and it's official. Anyways, I'm liking this card more and more.

Source: http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...-bryan-barberena-algoz-de-sage-northcutt.html

Guess UFC is mad at Barberena for derailing Sage. Tough matchup for him. My guess is Alves by TKO (or maybe that slick guillotine of his). How about you guys?

The card so far (as listed @ Combate)
Fabricio Werdum x Stipe Miocic
Ronaldo Jacaré x Vitor Belfort
Demian Maia x Matt Brown
Rogério Minotouro x Patrick Cummins
Thiago Marreta x Nate Marquardt
Evan Dunham x Léo Santos
Bryan Barberena x Warlley Alves

bryan-barberena-x-warlley-alves.jpg

This card is looking good!

UFC punishing Barbarena for derailing Northcutt.

Alves via Guillotine.

Also, a bit of info on Alves I posted in one of my threads for those no so familiar with him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warlley Alves

Weight Class: Welterweight | Age: 25 | Record: 10-0-0

ALVES_WARLLEY.png

A fantastic Welterweight prospect training out of XGym in Rio de Janeiro with the likes of Jacare Souza, Diego Nunes, Alan Patrick and Paulo Thiago. Alves has great standup, a three-time Brazilian kickboxing champion who possessess great power but a fantastic ground game training his Jiu Jitsu under Sylvio Behring who comes from a great lineage. Alves has a particularly nasty guillotine choke which was seen him put away 4 of his defeated opponents, 3 of which have been in the UFC. Alves is now 4-0 in the UFC including a very controversial decision victory over Alan Jouban. Alves still has a lot of space to improve his overall game but with solid power in his stand up and a good Jiu Jitsu including his signature airtight guillotine he most definitely seems like a potential future contender at Welterweight.

Barberena being punished for beating one of UFC golden boys ofc.

Well...you make a lumpy burger out of a cash cow, sometimes you gotta pay for that meal.
yeah it sucks like that.

moreso it should be a wake up call for the ufc brass to not be so fucking naive in endorsing and promoting to death a fucking amatuer.

Alves is NOT snatching the guillotine unless Barberena offers his neck. And Barberena doesn't shoot for takedowns that much (the one he hit against Northcutt was more of a trip from a bodylock). Barberena is very coachable and has a great team behind him. He's going to be aware of that guillotine.

They are punishing him because of the way he mocked Sage, not because he won. You'd expect a 19 year old to lose a couple fights on the biggest stage in MMA, especially since his last fight wasn't very impressive. Anyway, I'm glad about this, I dislike Barberena now.
I see pussies are happy about this match up just because of what happened to barbarena vs. sage...I'm still drunk from the sweet tears of that fight but i'm ready for more...

I want to see Sage behind the cage yellin at Warley to...
imgres

Avenge meeeee

Haha Barberena is going to derail another prospect. I hope he wins so bad. Alves is annoying.

Alves is NOT snatching the guillotine unless Barberena offers his neck. And Barberena doesn't shoot for takedowns that much (the one he hit against Northcutt was more of a trip from a bodylock). Barberena is very coachable and has a great team behind him. He's going to be aware of that guillotine.

except he doesn't need a guillotine because he's more than capable of destroying barberena on the feet

except he doesn't need a guillotine because he's more than capable of destroying barberena on the feet

I don't buy Alves as an effective striker. He's a brawler and Barberena will only welcome him in brawl (and Barberena is much better in the clinch anyway). Of course, he's going to win the first round because Barberena is a slow starter. After that, Barberena will push the pace and Alves will drop the pace because he doesn't have a deep gas tank. I thought Alves lost to Jouban exactly this way.

Against Warlley... in Brazil?
Dana still verry upset.
Other side of the coin, huge opportunity for Electric Barbarena (with Bendo at his corner?).

It's not punishment you tarts :) I can 100% triple-guarentee you that Barbarena sees this for what it is: another opportunity. Another HUGE opportunity.

Last edited:
What? Thats a jump in competition....they must really hate Barberena for delaying the Sage hype train.

Alves VIA Murder.

Back