Bruising When Squating

Wear an extra shirt for padding and keep the bar firmly dug into your back to prevent it from sliding...which is most often the reason for skin irritation or bruising...

little bruising is manly tho...

My shins are pretty gnarly from pulling. I have a bump on my right shin that the bar always hits and is a perpetual scab.

Do any of you guys get bruises on your shoulders after doing heavy squats. I've been lifting for awhile now but stopped since January and am only now starting to get back into lifting. I never really noticed any bruising prior to this but after going swimming someone brought it to my attention. Does this happen to anyone else and what do I do to stop this just put a folded towel over my shoulders the next time I lift?

I've never heard of anyone that has gotten bruised from squatting. Maybe some redness from the bar, but that's it. Where do you position the bar when you squat?

I've never heard of anyone that has gotten bruised from squatting. Maybe some redness from the bar, but that's it. Where do you position the bar when you squat?

You do not squat enough. I am not talking about 225 for reps of eighty-billion. Put 700 on your back. Tell me how you feel tomorrow morning.

I tighten my shoulders and traps and whatever shelf is created, that's where the bar lives. Also, I choose a bar position comfortable enough so that I am not tempted to lean forward (which happens with a lower bar position).

You do not squat enough. I am not talking about 225 for reps of eighty-billion. Put 700 on your back. Tell me how you feel tomorrow morning.

I tighten my shoulders and traps and whatever shelf is created, that's where the bar lives. Also, I choose a bar position comfortable enough so that I am not tempted to lean forward (which happens with a lower bar position).

Is there a problem with leaning forward? As far as I know...it's fine as long as your back 'flat' and your chest is up. In fact, I thought it was the correct way to squat.

I don't bruise easily, but I always bruise when I do heavy walkouts or calf raises (I know, I know....waste of time, but sometimes I just have to feel the heavy weight on my back and prove that I can move it).

I show them off, just like black eyes or bruises from grappling.

That said, I'm not on the prowl, so maybe I'm trying to scare away the ladies that my extra pudding doesn't handle.

Back