Bruising When Squating

6StingHero

Green Belt
Reaction score
Do any of you guys get bruises on your shoulders after doing heavy squats. I've been lifting for awhile now but stopped since January and am only now starting to get back into lifting. I never really noticed any bruising prior to this but after going swimming someone brought it to my attention. Does this happen to anyone else and what do I do to stop this just put a folded towel over my shoulders the next time I lift?

The only thing that gets bruised when I squat is my ego.

Are you a peach?

Seriously though, the only time i have every bruised squatting is when the bar is riding too high. If you are really that worried about bruises, use the manpon. That or wear them like a badge of honor.

Are you a peach?

Seriously though, the only time i have every bruised squatting is when the bar is riding too high. If you are really that worried about bruises, use the manpon. That or wear them like a badge of honor.

Yeah I do bruise easy. I am not really worried about it, I was just wondering if happens to anyone else.

I get some red marks from the bar but not really bruising.

I don't bruise, but I do get red marks (blood vessels popping I guess) - I went back to using the pussy pad, but would love to man up and stop that shit.

I can't see my own back. Do you check out your ass in the mirror?

Go to the hippie store and pick up some traumeel or similar arnica montana gel (not the sublingual tablets, but those may help too). That'll help you heal faster, but by and large, those marks are just part of the game. I've been using the arnica gel on the bruises from both the bar and my belt and it seems to really help the healing process. Twice a day.

I don't bruise, but I do get red marks (blood vessels popping I guess) - I went back to using the pussy pad, but would love to man up and stop that shit.
it helps for this shit too.

blank_stare.jpg

In retrospect, it's really not any bruising for me... I'm not using enough weight to cause bruises, but that burst blood vessel shit from the belt, and the bar reddens my skin (which persists from day to day), the arnica shit helps with both of these.

Never from squatting but acress my chest and collarbones from OHP. It gives me a deep sense of satisfaction to see.

I don't get that from squatting but I do get pretty bruised up from doing behind-the-neck split jerks.

Well, I do get a little chafing around my kipper sometimes.

Yes, I get bruised.

I have bruises from 425 on Wednesday and I love them.

Now stop complaining and man up about them :wink:

Yes, I get bruised.

I have bruises from 425 on Wednesday and I love them.

Now stop complaining and man up about them :wink:

Damn, a woman just told you to man up. I'd take that as a sign to man up. lol

Damn fine lift btw Blondie. GJ on the new PR on DL too

Damn, a woman just told you to man up. I'd take that as a sign to man up. lol

Damn fine lift btw Blondie. GJ on the new PR on DL too

Hey thanks! I'm looking forward to some good numbers at my next power meet, on the 28th. :icon_chee

In retrospect, it's really not any bruising for me... I'm not using enough weight to cause bruises, but that burst blood vessel shit from the belt, and the bar reddens my skin (which persists from day to day), the arnica shit helps with both of these.

cryogel has arnica in it, among other ingredients. I like it better than the plain arnica cream I have. Its like icy/hot + arnica

Meh I bruise but it's not like a walk around without my shirt on all the time so it really doesn't matter does it?

Meh I bruise but it's not like a walk around without my shirt on all the time so it really doesn't matter does it?

You're not proud of said bruises?

I always like going to the mall or grocery store with chalk all over my back and abrasions on my shoulders. I feel bad ass.

Back