Brown Ties Matt Hughes for Most Finishes in UFC WW History

anything brown, people will attempt to discredit.

Big Matt fan.
cain_velasquez_by_shomanart-t2.jpg

TS is comparing the two for UFC record for must finish in WWD :rolleyes:

There is a little difference when Matt Brown spent his UFC career fighting guys outside the top 15 and Matt Hughes who won 9 UFC title fights.

Strength of competition

Matt Hughes is a champion...one of the greatest UFC champions ever. No one will ever remember Matt Brown.

What is wrong with the kids on this forum?

Matt Hughes has 11 wins over top 10 ranked opponents. Matt Brown spent his UFC career on the junior varsity team.
Source:
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/documented-top-ten-wins-mma-fighters-pride-ufc-2166169/

it is why I continually say a smart fighter would never fight top 10 opponent. Heck fight bottom 90-100 fighters. There is a group of shertards who never consider strength of schedule and lap up guys finishing low end guys thinking that should make them GOAT. All the while ignoring that guys like Diaz, Condit, Hendricks, etc crushed guys consistently UNTIL they stepped up to consistent top 5 comp and then all of a sudden their finish rates plummet.

NO SAY IT IS NOT SO. NOT LOOKING...NOT LOOKING...JUST BLEEEEEEDDDDD!!!!!!

I don't think it is that at all. It is more that people shit on guys who are fighting way better comp and not finishing as if it does not matter.

You have guys like Condit, Diaz, Hendricks step up in comp and their finish rates plummet and yet guys ignore the level of comp difference and just think these guys are fighting different.

I will say it again and again. Brown should never step up in comp. Stay where he is and highlight and many will argue he is GOAT soon enough as they simply ignore level of comp.

In Hendricks last 5 fights he has had 4 decisions. In his last 7 fights he has had 5 decisions. Alot of hatorade for GSP and his decision wins. Should be pretty hilarious once they realize they went from Georges to Hendricks and he turned into the same sort of decision fighter. I don't know if that will happen, I can't tell the future, but he has decisioned 4 of his last 5.

not hating but brown should be fighting better guys right now

Yeah I don't understand all the hate. How could you not root for the guy?

Brown is a beast, I don't get why are people hating on him.

Maybe they wanna see some rassling for 25 mins and sitting in half guard. WW division had enough of that, time for some exciting fighters. War Brown!!

I dont understand the hate that has come his way.

Canadians hate him because he beat Mein, who is being completely overlooked when talking about Brown. Mein was considered to be a contender, which is why he got Brown in his first fight on the Fox main card.

Brazilians hate him because Silva was one of the most dynamic guys to come out of Brazil in a long time. Just look at how they're shitting all over Silva and completely discrediting him. They are so butthurt and mad, they can't help but pile on excuses at the expense of all but calling Silva an overhyped can. And yet he was the favorite for a reason.

And the askren fans hate him because he doesn't wrestle. Some people hate him because they fap to win/loss ratios. Other people hate him because he's white. And still some hate him because they don't think he should be considered very good. While very few people, I was one of them, thought that Dan Hardy was getting in over his head. But the voices were very few, probably because they thought GSP would finally be able to finish someone. So basically he's pissed off everyone

Pyle, Mein and Silva are far from cans.

I would like to see a step up in competition for him though. Lombard would be great.

Lombard gasses fast, like 1 round. I honestly think that unless Lombard got a flash KO in round 1 Brown would wreck him.

Apparently fighters who finish a lot are now over hyped and over rated.

Go figure.

Finishing fights is just not technical nor is it domination. Only crude brawlers KO other fighters. I hate them and their stupid just bleed fans.

it is why I continually say a smart fighter would never fight top 10 opponent. Heck fight bottom 90-100 fighters. There is a group of shertards who never consider strength of schedule and lap up guys finishing low end guys thinking that should make them GOAT. All the while ignoring that guys like Diaz, Condit, Hendricks, etc crushed guys consistently UNTIL they stepped up to consistent top 5 comp and then all of a sudden their finish rates plummet.

NO SAY IT IS NOT SO. NOT LOOKING...NOT LOOKING...JUST BLEEEEEEDDDDD!!!!!!

I get what you're saying but you might as well leave Condit out of that list, he finishes at high levels. His finish rates never plummeted as the competition got stiffer.

people want to shit on his wins but he can only fight who they put in front of him and he has absolute destroyed the competition. I mean he has not even had a competitive match in years.
Jordan Mein almost beat him.

I get what you're saying but you might as well leave Condit out of that list, he finishes at high levels. His finish rates never plummeted as the competition got stiffer.

...Or loses

Brown is a beast, I don't get why are people hating on him.

Maybe they wanna see some rassling for 25 mins and sitting in half guard. WW division had enough of that, time for some exciting fighters. War Brown!!

Brown is awesome to watch but he needs a step up in competition.

that must explain why gsp apologized after that fight for giving a lackluster performance and not getting the easy finish. Then went ahead and had his coach explain to him how to apply the correct submission in the locker rooms immediately after the fight was over....you must live in a delusional fantasy world thinking that's more impressive than a finish.

He's such a perfectionist yes he apologized for a flawless performance but no finish.

Clearly Matt Brown has managed to equal Matt Hughes in power

Matt Brown is an elite fighter. I don't understand how people don't see it after he finishes Mike Pyle & Erick Silva back to back.

Jordan Mein almost beat him.

By getting finished in 6 minutes? Fighters get hurt. It's a fucking fistfight. Going through adversity to get a W defines entire careers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back