Brown / McGregor hypocrisy

Not saying you can't be a fan of both, but the proliferation of Matt-Brown-not-worthy threads the past 24 hours despite an exciting performance makes me question why we don't see the same kind of threads about McGregor.

Brown has quite a few losses, and has had problems with grapplers before, and looks pretty hittable when fighting with that brawling style. That's the reason for why people want more proof (not entirely fair, no). Conor looks extremely talented and promising, and trains with Gunnar who is an amazing grappler, so thus the hype. Oh, and there are plenty of people who think Conor will lose to any top 10 guy/is completely unproven.

90% of posts about Conor are saying he is over hyped or joking about being the goat.

When someone calls Conor the goat they are not giving him credit...they are making fun.

It's not that good of a joke to last that long. Anytime you call out Conor for his bullshit there is a giant flock that comes running....and it's not so they can make jokes.

It's not that good of a joke to last that long. Anytime you call out Conor for his bullshit there is a giant flock that comes running....and it's not so they can make jokes.

A large percentage of the complaints are silly. Basically stems from "why don't you like my favourite fighter as much!?"

or "yeah, but he's rude." in the sport of face punching.

I guess I miss those responses. All I see is goat this/goat that. None appear to be serious in my view.

Not saying you can't be a fan of both, but the proliferation of Matt-Brown-not-worthy threads the past 24 hours despite an exciting performance makes me question why we don't see the same kind of threads about McGregor.

Conor McHype is being used as a pawn by Zuffa's marketing department to win the Irish fanbase, just like Bisping was used to tap into the UK market.

mcgregor-and-dana-630x470.jpg

I don't hear a lot of people, other than Brown and McGregor themselves, calling for a title fight. Both guys have a lot of detractors who rightly point out that they haven't beat any top five or even top ten competition. I really don't see the hypocrisy you refer to. Personally I'm a fan of both. Each is entertaining in his own way.

Frankly I think the only X factor here is that you just don't like McGregor. Sherdog abides.

Thank you so much for your keen insight and masterful use of a GIF. It really contributed so much to the thread.

No matter how much sense your thread makes, there is a big clan of losers on here that will attack you for what you wrote. They have nothing good to contribute, so they just say stuff like "butthurt" and laugh at each other.

Good thread TS

All that I know is that I eagerly anticipate every fight that they participate in. Brown's run has been captivating, and the GOAT's brief glimpses of potential exciting. Let us dream bro, let us dream.

well Matt Brown's 11 losses might have a thing or two to say about his hype
i feel brown deserves a top 5 fight
and with his form and his insane determination he might pull out a w, and if he does he deserves a title fight
mcgoober is just plain prospect hype, he may hit gold, may not, but if he defeats priorier and swanson after miller, man he deserves a title shot

Back