Brown / McGregor hypocrisy

50% of the McIrish threads are just jokes, dude doesn't fight enough for anybody to really know much other than he is Irish and runs his mouth.

Brown has looked good, but against the same caliber of guy McGOAT has, nothing to get mad about, both are untested, both fight exciting.

Connor is more entertaining and has more potential. Brown at his best(right now) has yet to show he has anything at all for the top 5. Connor hasn't proven himself yet because he hasn't had the chance, hes just getting started.

Erik is the most overhyped fighter of all time, has the worst fight IQ Ive ever seen, and the worst cardio, and still almost finished Brown with a body shot.

Both entertaining. but its not all that difficult to see why some people enjoy one more than the other.
Point taken. But I don't agree that McGregor is more entertaining. Brown's last 6 fights are far more entertaining than McGregor's (I am aware that McGregor's last 6 were mostly outside of the UFC).

I guess entertainment is in the eye of the beholder.

Gets put in a No.1 contender's match for the belt AND just headlined a UFC...yeah Matt Brown gets no respect. Fucking love white belt posts :icon_lol:

Gets put in a No.1 contender's match for the belt AND just headlined a UFC...yeah Matt Brown gets no respect. Fucking love white belt posts :icon_lol:
The inevitable belt call out...yawn.

McGregor headlines a PPV while Brown gets a fight night.

If you don't see the difference in hype, I don't know what to say.

Edit: Dublin is not a PPV, so I retract that. But the hype difference is obvious IMO.

Who says you cant be a fan of both?

Agreed. I didn't start out a Brown fan, but the guy is entertaining and scraps. After last night, he can count me as a huge fan. I couldn't watch the fight live, but recorded it and watched it later at 2:30am. I was dead tired, but could not stop watching that fight. I was mesmerized by the action. A classic brawl and right up there with Hendo-Shogun 1 in terms of UFC greatest fights.

#1 contender match?!?!
...didnt hear anything about that

90% of posts about Conor are saying he is over hyped or joking about being the goat.

When someone calls Conor the goat they are not giving him credit...they are making fun.

When did Conor headline a ppv?

Conor's fighting style looks more impressive with his fancy kick and weird angles where Brown is solid but it seems flawed. Brown also was going to fight Condit if you remember which would have for sure gotten him the title shot. Conor was never offered a title shot or anything like that but he's a prospect who can do a lot for the sport in Ireland which is another big reason for his hype. Brown just has had bad luck with his matchmaking but I'm sure his next fight will be a top five hopefully for a title shot, maybe face the Lawlor or Ellenberger fight

Point taken. But I don't agree that McGregor is more entertaining. Brown's last 6 fights are far more entertaining than McGregor's (I am aware that McGregor's last 6 were mostly outside of the UFC).

I guess entertainment is in the eye of the beholder.

yea I just meant charisma/hype wise, Matt has probably had the more entertaining fights recently

Dude, nobody takes McGregor that seriously. It's gotten to the point where the parody of his hype has been parodied.

Matt Brown is selling himself short with his every day guy schtick. Just a little playing to the crowd would earn him $$$

Conor believe it or not guys is maximum 3 fights from a title shot. Mark my words on that.

There gearing it up already.

1. Miller
2. Porier
3. Swanson

That is what I would say the UFC plan is.

Conor believe it or not guys is maximum 3 fights from a title shot. Mark my words on that.

There gearing it up already.

1. Miller
2. Porier
3. Swanson

That is what I would say the UFC plan is.

Porier and Swanson are way better than anyone Matt Brown has fought recently, so if he does indeed beat those two, he deserves a title shot.

There is alot of talk of Porier, if he hadnt been injured he would be fighting him now imo.

If he destroys miller Conor and Dustin will fight this year. Am almost certain.

Edit: Dublin is not a PPV, so I retract that. But the hype difference is obvious IMO.

Ignore the McGregor hype on this website, as most of it is tongue in cheek stuff.

As for hype from the UFC, Conor is Irish - and the UFC has been dying for a British fighter they can promote. Bisping failed in every big fight he had, Hardy was a flash in the pan. If McGregor fails, the UFC will move on. No big deal.

Ignore the McGregor hype on this website, as most of it is tongue in cheek stuff.

As for hype from the UFC, Conor is Irish - and the UFC has been dying for a British fighter they can promote. Bisping failed in every big fight he had, Hardy was a flash in the pan. If McGregor fails, the UFC will move on. No big deal.

Alot of guys over here would take offence to that. Ireland not being part of the UK.
I am not one btw. He is by no means in any european country considered British.
I can see why he would be considered so by the UFC, they were putting Irish fighters on the London cards after all.

The UK has huge room for growth with the UFC. Our main problem over here is that the fight times are unsociable and there is nothing like Live is there :O

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back