Brown / McGregor hypocrisy

Headynugget

White Belt
Reaction score
Matt Brown goes on a very entertaining tear in what is arguably the most competitive division in the UFC. He wins in dramatic fashion, but is constantly written off because he supposedly hasn't fought anyone good. Came back from the dead, doesn't talk trash, gets the job done, and racks up fallen opponents.

McGregor constantly talks trash (basically repeating the same tired phrases over and over), is somewhat entertaining to watch, but doesn't have the brutality of finishes that Brown has. Yet, his flashy smile and trashy shit talking have people excited about hopping aboard the train. He has faced a who is who of "who is that?"

More evidence of chest thumping getting more recognition than head thumping.

Wow its like sherdog is an internet community made out of more than one individual with more than one opinion and not one entity that all has the same opinion.

Oh wait...

xrfh2.jpg

Who says you cant be a fan of both?
Not saying you can't be a fan of both, but the proliferation of Matt-Brown-not-worthy threads the past 24 hours despite an exciting performance makes me question why we don't see the same kind of threads about McGregor.

neither are worthy.

Yet they both have the same amount of top 10 wins

Zero

? Brown has been talking plenty.

I like both guys, Connor is much further from a title shot.

I don't see any "Why no shot for MacGregor" threads, only tongue in cheek goat stuff.

I've never heard the phrase "who's who of who's that" before and thought it was pretty clever. So props for the use of that.

I think it's not as cut and dry as you're making it sound though man. A lot of people are aboard the McGregor train but a lot more of them are people who are fans and think he has potential but just refer to him as GOAT and uncrowned champ as a sort of sherdog in joke.

A lot of people aren't so much criticizing Brown as they are pointing out that one more win over a top welterweight (an opportunity he has certainly earned) would be superior to giving him a title shot now.

Nobody will be as awesome as Connor McGregor.

You guys gotta accept this.

I've never heard the phrase "who's who of who's that" before and thought it was pretty clever. So props for the use of that.

I think it's not as cut and dry as you're making it sound though man. A lot of people are aboard the McGregor train but a lot more of them are people who are fans and think he has potential but just refer to him as GOAT and uncrowned champ as a sort of sherdog in joke.

A lot of people aren't so much criticizing Brown as they are pointing out that one more win over a top welterweight (an opportunity he has certainly earned) would be superior to giving him a title shot now.
A reasonable reply.

Matt Brown goes on a very entertaining tear in what is arguably the most competitive division in the UFC. He wins in dramatic fashion, but is constantly written off because he supposedly hasn't fought anyone good. Came back from the dead, doesn't talk trash, gets the job done, and racks up fallen opponents.

McGregor constantly talks trash (basically repeating the same tired phrases over and over), is somewhat entertaining to watch, but doesn't have the brutality of finishes that Brown has. Yet, his flashy smile and trashy shit talking have people excited about hopping aboard the train. He has faced a who is who of "who is that?"

More evidence of chest thumping getting more recognition than head thumping.

The irony is that by making a thread about him, you've proved that to be true.

I tend to agree with this. But it seems that Brown gets no hype despite his performances while McGregor gets hype regardless of his lack of competition.

Maybe you haven't seen enough, Matt gets lots of love. The heavies the day after an event are never a good indicative of anything.

McGregor hasn't fought for a year, he just runs his mouth to stay relevant and have an inside joke on sherdog, nothing to be upset about.

Connor is more entertaining and has more potential. Brown at his best(right now) has yet to show he has anything at all for the top 5. Connor hasn't proven himself yet because he hasn't had the chance, hes just getting started.

Erik is the most overhyped fighter of all time, has the worst fight IQ Ive ever seen, and the worst cardio, and still almost finished Brown with a body shot.

Both entertaining. but its not all that difficult to see why some people enjoy one more than the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back