Broke the neck

Fossor

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
At competitions in St. Petersburg, a wrestler from Dagestan landed unsuccessfully and broke his neck

Can’t watch, but thanks for a good start to my day..

Game fucking over. That looks like a complete paralyzation for sure. Absolutely heartbroken for that guy. The worst nightmare for any grappler.

Ukemi is everything. Learn how to fall, but also be purposeful that you do not ever throw yourself into any falling body weight situations at high velocity.

I screamed internally. That is horrifying and while I currently do not have flying submissions in my arsenal, this encourages me to stay that way.

I screamed internally. That is horrifying and while I currently do not have flying submissions in my arsenal, this encourages me to stay that way.
Same... heart god out to him and his family... that was awful

Can someone describe how it happened, I cannot watch this.

Landed on his neck because of failed flying armbar.

Freak accident, not a fan of flying shit but this time it was mostly bad luck. I teach kids and I'm against flying arm bars, flying triangles or jumping guard there's hundreds of safer and better techniques (for the guy who does it and for the guy who it's done to).

As a guy with neck and spine issues, I can't even bring myself to watch.

Hope he can have some quality of life after this.

Flying armbars are stupid, you are dependent on the other person to hold your weight up.

shin in the pits flying armbar is bad news. same thing happens when you lose your grip in gi. know a few people who've concussed themselves this way. jesus fuck.

Jumping closed guard and closed guard subs should be illegal, as I’ve said many times. It’s both extremely dangerous and very unrealistic as a combat move.

Jesus Christ, rather die that keep on living like that

In my very first Judo tournament I watched a girl get carried off on a stretcher from a broken neck. Happened right as we had walked in. My wife was like...:eek::eek::eek:.

Shit's real ya'll.

Can someone describe how it happened, I cannot watch this.
Imagine playing inverted guard on your neck.

Now imagine being dropped onto that position because you failed a flying armbar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back