Brock Lesnar to compete in ADCC

He doesn't have the gi background to be competitive in the Mundials, but anybody who thinks Brock couldn't give a lot of guys a run for their money in ADCC is kidding themselves. He's a very solid wrestler with ridiculous athleticism and an improving knowledge of submissions. I hope this happens and if it does, I will not be at all surprised to see him do well, if not necessarily win the tournament.

I don't think that Kerr typically outweighed his opponents by 40-60 pounds. He over 99kg twice and absolute. Kerr didn't control the weight of his opponents, especially in absolute. He won all three sections that he entered and a superfight against Mario Sperry. Obviously he had minimal submission skills but he exposed the limitations of BJJ. Couldn't someone with a BJJ blackbelt - BJJ world championship find the technique to beat Kerr?

I've seen video of the Randy/Jacare exhibition. Is Randy obligated to stick an arm out or something? If they want to "fight" Jacare could get a MMA match with Randy at 205 and Jacare could learn the difference between sport BJJ and MMA fighting. We could see how well Jacare could stall in MMA. (Yes, I know Jacare has fought at 185 in MMA.)

::: Rolls eyes :::

Jacare's been fighting in MMA for awhile now and has had a pretty successful career so far. He's taken some losses, but 2nd place in the Dream MW Grand Prix is pretty good, and is fighting for Strikeforce's now-vacant MW title.

As far as the Jacare/Randy match... no, Randy isn't obligated to stick an arm out, but it's clear that Randy was defending the whole time. He wasn't stalling, but he didn't mount much offense.

Why the hate for Jacare though? The two had a friendly match and both seemed pretty pleased. Jacare pressured a legendary UFC Hall of Famer, while Randy got a draw against one of the best BJJ practitioners in the world.

In an MMA fight, who knows what could happen. But I think Randy would leave more openings trying to throw punches at Jacare, so the threat of a submission is greater, IMO.

I don't think that Kerr typically outweighed his opponents by 40-60 pounds. He over 99kg twice and absolute. Kerr didn't control the weight of his opponents, especially in absolute. He won all three sections that he entered and a superfight against Mario Sperry. Obviously he had minimal submission skills but he exposed the limitations of BJJ. Couldn't someone with a BJJ blackbelt - BJJ world championship find the technique to beat Kerr?

I've seen video of the Randy/Jacare exhibition. Is Randy obligated to stick an arm out or something? If they want to "fight" Jacare could get a MMA match with Randy at 205 and Jacare could learn the difference between sport BJJ and MMA fighting. We could see how well Jacare could stall in MMA. (Yes, I know Jacare has fought at 185 in MMA.)

didn't jacare beat the shit out of matt lindland and sub him?

Wasn't lindland and olympic wrestler?

you post some stupid shit on here.

if jacare was the same weight as randy, jacare would maul him in mma or ADCC.

I'd much rather see shogun beat the shit out of randy. Shogun probably has the best bjj of any lhw in the ufc.

using your retarded logic lets put BJ penn against Brock.

It is like the more you hang out in heavies the more of an idiot you become

I dont like Lesnar either but people that think he will get manhandled is pretty stupid. The guy has been working on his bjj and is already a big powerful wrestler and other big powerful wrestlers have had success at adcc competitions.

If true I see this as a big step up for Brock. Though he at times annoys me with his antics, this show he is looking to improve.

Good move Brock!

didn't jacare beat the shit out of matt lindland and sub him?

Wasn't lindland and olympic wrestler?

you post some stupid shit on here.

if jacare was the same weight as randy, jacare would maul him in mma or ADCC.

I'd much rather see shogun beat the shit out of randy. Shogun probably has the best bjj of any lhw in the ufc.

using your retarded logic lets put BJ penn against Brock.

It is like the more you hang out in heavies the more of an idiot you become

dont worry, hes just a sorry ass wrestler probably...

Brock will do fine at ADCC, hes too fuking big and probably a good wrestler, he will stall as fuck, but he wont win, I hope we get to see a super fight between brock and roger, roger will make him tap and will look bored as usually...

Source?

I think he would get tapped pretty quick. Someone would heel hook those chicken legs of his in about ten seconds.

are you joking??

if not a humiliation inducing AV bet is in order.

Brock will do fine at ADCC, hes too fuking big and probably a good wrestler, he will stall as fuck, but he wont win, I hope we get to see a super fight between brock and roger, roger will make him tap and will look bored as usually...

then they can have a real fight and Brock will proceed to stop a mud puddle into Roger.

He doesn't have the gi background to be competitive in the Mundials, but anybody who thinks Brock couldn't give a lot of guys a run for their money in ADCC is kidding themselves. He's a very solid wrestler with ridiculous athleticism and an improving knowledge of submissions. I hope this happens and if it does, I will not be at all surprised to see him do well, if not necessarily win the tournament.

this I agree with.

then they can have a real fight and Brock will proceed to stop a mud puddle into Roger and leave him in a heap.

yeah, and then they have have a real real fight and Roger brings all of his students and cousins and members of the gracie family to put brock for ever in a coma...

what kind of a ridiculous fucking post was that?????? we are talking ADCC, not fuking mma...

yeah, and then they have have a real real fight and Roger brings all of his students and cousins and members of the gracie family to put brock for ever in a coma...

what kind of a ridiculous fucking post was that?????? we are talking ADCC, not fuking mma...

mma is entwined in this discussion, and not just by me. save your BJJ Rage for someone else.

mma is entwined in this discussion, and not just by me. save your BJJ Rage for someone else.

no is not, this post is about Brock and ADCC not mma...

and you can save your brock nutthuggery for the heavies, here we are talking grappling... so you should talk about grappling...

Honestly - I see Lesnar taking the over 99 KG and losing to Roger in the absolute. I hope he does enter it next year.

are you joking??

if not a humiliation inducing AV bet is in order.

So Brock Lesnar arm triangles Shane Carwin, a guy with no grappling credentials whatsoever, and suddenly becomes one of the best grapplers in the world? LMFAO!

So Brock Lesnar arm triangles Shane Carwin, a guy with no grappling credentials whatsoever, and suddenly becomes one of the best grapplers in the world? LMFAO!

NCAA division II champ = no grappling experience whatsoever? :icon_neut

be real with yourself man....

And btw, I didn't make any proclamations regarding his success or lack thereof in ADCC. You did.

I think he would get tapped pretty quick. Someone would heel hook those chicken legs of his in about ten seconds.

If you're so confident about your prediction, then AV bet. He's going to ruin alot of guys who's nuts you all swing from.

I wonder how brock goes against comprido, that would give him an indicator as to how he might go at adcc.

Roger does -99kg generally. i think he could beat brock, i think someone like jon olav einemo would also be an interesting match up - if brock ended up in the guard of either of those two he'd be in trouble.

The +99kg category (and pesadissimo at the mundials) tend to be one of the weaker divisions talent wise. let's look at 2009: Kouji Kanechika, Antoine Jaoude, Tomasz Janiszewski, Janne-Pekka Pietil

Back