Brock Lesnar: is he the most underrated champion in mma history?

GrayArea

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
-Zero amateur fights, yet won UFC HW gold in 4th pro fight

-Defended belt twice, tied for 2nd most defenses in HW history

-So intimidating pre-diverticulitis that he caused HW GOAT Fedor to price himself out of an immediate title shot in 2009. Which made no sense considering Fedor was offered 2mil+PPV points vs the biggest MMA star we had seen yet.

-Came back from 5 year hiatus to dominate #8 Mark Hunt after he just KO’d Bigfoot and Mir

Hindsight is 20/20, but just imagine if Brock started an amateur MMA career in his early 20s and never got diverticulitis... Potential GOAT. Deserves more recognition for what he accomplished in short time.

Can you see him now?
951FAA7D-C1D6-4703-9CDC-05D51486BEF0.jpeg

he was gifted a titleshot against old man randy. and he was juiced his whole career. so no.

Too scared to face Hunto without being roided to the gills like a cheating roid rage bitchboi

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Aside from that, yeah, he did pretty good, even if becoming champ so quickly only really showed how piss-weak and shallow UFC HW was at the time

he was gifted a titleshot against old man randy. and he was juiced his whole career. so no.
The modern heavyweights he faced he went 1-3 against

Hunt was awesome to watch but just a brawler

The others like Carwin are Blaydes level maybe

He's good for that little experience but we gotta be real....he's like 6-10 rank right now if he fought

The fact he became UFC Heavyweight champion in just his 4th fight only shows you how weak the division is. Ranking MMA heavyweights by greatness is like measuring the tallest guy at a midget convention.

Nope

Con artist

You all said no but failed to provide a more underrated champion....

The fact he became UFC Heavyweight champion in just his 4th fight only shows you how weak the division is. Ranking MMA heavyweights by greatness is like measuring the tallest guy at a midget convention.
Show me another HW after Brock who even came close to winning UFC gold by his 4th fight.

overrated, pretty sure one of his fights was fixed as well. Half steroids half man.

Show me another HW after Brock who even came close to winning UFC gold by his 4th fight.
because no other hw at that time could make as much money as brock so dana isnt gonna bless them with a title shot

because no other hw at that time could make as much money as brock so dana isnt gonna bless them with a title shot
He won his undeserved title shot and then defended twice against the legit #1 contenders.

If he had been blasted in his first title defense your point would hold some weight. So show me another fighter who had two UFC title defenses by his 6th pro fight.

You all said no but failed to provide a more underrated champion....

Who gives a fuck?
Your argument is bullshit and if you want me to tear you a new arsehole with logic
Holla back at me

The modern heavyweights he faced he went 1-3 against

Hunt was awesome to watch but just a brawler

The others like Carwin are Blaydes level maybe

He's good for that little experience but we gotta be real....he's like 6-10 rank right now if he fought

lmao u know shit

all the fighters he fought were on steroids
he didn't really cheat on purpose against hunt,he was doing wwe at that time.the fight was really on short notice and the ufc wanted him to save the card.he probably needed 9 months to get clean.

He's 5-3 or 5-4 depending if you think popping for illegal substances should be a loss.
Sounds to me he should be rated with that record in mind, 'cause 5 wins isn't shit lol

randy finished gonzaga who ko'ed cro cop (even stipe couldn't finish gonzaga when he fought him 7 years later) and tim sylvia before fighting brock
so stop with the excuse of being old and smaller

He was obviously fast tracked to a title shot and there was an element of right place right time to him becoming champion (ie just before guys like Cain and JDS really got on the map) BUT the flipside to the fast tracking is the guy was thrown to the lions from the get go. He has the craziest ratio when it comes to number of fights vs strength of opposition ever. Who the fuck faces prime Cain, peak horsemeat consumption Reem, Carwin, Hunt, Mir x2 , Randy and Herring within the first 10 fights of their career? its ridiculous.

The fact he was able to enter the sport in his 30s, a decade removed from (real) wrestling experience and actually win two thirds of his fights at that level is pretty damn impressive.

Back