International Brittney Griner WNBA-/Russia

Lol, what? She’ll be back in the WNBA the day she lands in the USA.

Thats a huge assumption, Russian prisons make US prisons look like health spas. It's right up there with the Taiwan and Madagascar on the list of countries you want to do everything in your power to avoid going to prison in.

Wut? So lets keep it federally illegal in the US because their is a slight possibility people are completely retarded and confuse US law with Russian law? Not buying that argument if I'm interpreting your post correctly.
No, my point is, how would legalizing it federally be something that he would automatically do because he was upset with Russia’s treatment of her? Explain how his thinking would link the cause with the action? Forget about his dementia and assume he has normal control of his faculties.

lol wut?
She was easily the most famous womens basketball player for a period of time and anyone who followed sports in the 2010s heard of her.
Mark Cuban used her for publicity saying she could compete with men.
https://www.espn.com/dallas/nba/sto...-brittney-griner-opportunity-dallas-mavericks

That's the whole reason she was even in Russia: she was famous enough that oligarchs over there pay big money to bring famous people over on contracts.

Which is not really famous bro.

How many people follow the WNBA?

Which is not really famous bro.

How many people follow the WNBA?
Again, that's the point: she was good enough/famous enough that people who follow sports in general knew who she was even if we don't give a shit about WNBA
I don't watch professional eating competitions but I know who Kobayashi and Joey Chestnut are.

No, my point is, how would legalizing it federally be something that he would automatically do because he was upset with Russia’s treatment of her? Explain how his thinking would link the cause with the action? Forget about his dementia and assume he has normal control of his faculties.
Oh, he won't do any of that because he's long been in favor of locking people in jail for mild drug offenses. He's only upset "because Russia".

Oh, he won't do any of that because he's long been in favor of locking people in jail for mild drug offenses. He's only upset "because Russia".
Just to be clear, you support politicians and policies that are for legalizing drugs, or nah?

Again, that's the point: she was good enough/famous enough that people who follow sports in general knew who she was even if we don't give a shit about WNBA
I don't watch professional eating competitions but I know who Kobayashi and Joey Chestnut are.

I follow sports and I don’t know of anyone outside of Sue Bird and Sheryl Swoopes. There’s one more I can’t think of her name but I can picture her. Diana something. No idea what teams they play for or if they are still even in the WNBA. I can’t even name 2 teams.

The only reason I knew about her was because she was a 6'9" freak of nature

I follow sports and I don’t know of anyone outside of Sue Bird and Sheryl Swoopes. There’s one more I can’t think of her name but I can picture her. Diana something. No idea what teams they play for or if they are still even in the WNBA. I can’t even name 2 teams.
The only reason I knew about her was because she was a 6'9" freak of nature
Your limited recall abilities don't change the fact that she has been all over ESPN for 10+ years lol
In 2012 she absolutely dominated the ncaa going undefeated and dunking all over people with size and moves the women's game hadn't seen before.
From 2013
"If opposing fans try to rattle Griner, they are also drawn to watch her in large numbers. When Baylor traveled this season, home attendance for opposing teams rose an average of 3,642 fans. She attracted the largest crowd ever to watch a game at West Virginia — 13,447, a ballooning contrast to the Mountaineers’ home average at the time, 1,894, lowest in the Big 12."

Slightly more people than the average Trapt concert ;)

Your limited recall abilities don't change the fact that she has been all over ESPN for 10+ years lol
In 2012 she absolutely dominated the ncaa going undefeated and dunking all over people with size and moves the women's game hadn't seen before.
From 2013
"If opposing fans try to rattle Griner, they are also drawn to watch her in large numbers. When Baylor traveled this season, home attendance for opposing teams rose an average of 3,642 fans. She attracted the largest crowd ever to watch a game at West Virginia — 13,447, a ballooning contrast to the Mountaineers’ home average at the time, 1,894, lowest in the Big 12."

Slightly more people than the average Trapt concert ;)

“All over ESPN”…

giphy.webp

I wouldn’t be surprised if more people watched her in college than in the pros, in all seriousness.

Diana taurasi actually played with griner in russia that teams must have been laundering a lot of money .

“All over ESPN”…

giphy.webp

I wouldn’t be surprised if more people watched her in college than in the pros, in all seriousness.
The truf at least in college folks gamble on the ncaa finals for women.

BTW she is not the only American being held for long sentences for drug offenses in Russia. It is widely known you do not break the law there....

Thats a huge assumption, Russian prisons make US prisons look like health spas. It's right up there with the Taiwan and Madagascar on the list of countries you want to do everything in your power to avoid going to prison in.
Taiwan? Always thought Thailand, Indonesia and sherdog were the places you didn’t want to go to jail in

Back