International BREXIT: Leave/Remain Referendum on June 23 Will Change Europe, No Matter the Outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me ask you Americans: would you ever vote for the USA to join/stay in something like the EU? I'm not just talking about a trading block but an organisation who can pass laws you have to follow, take away your ability to control your borders, take away you ability to set trade tarifs etc? Let's call it the North, Central and South American Union - Panama, Mexico etc gang up and decide they don't like the way the NY Stock Exchange works and pass laws that damage it? You'd put up with that would you?

Somehow I doubt it given even the states resent federal intervention inside your own country.

Let me ask you Americans: would you ever vote for the USA to join/stay in something like the EU? I'm not just talking about a trading block but an organisation who can pass laws you have to follow, take away your ability to control your borders, take away you ability to set trade tarifs etc? Let's call it the North, Central and South American Union - Panama, Mexico etc gang up and decide they don't like the way the NY Stock Exchange works and pass laws that damage it? You'd put up with that would you?

Somehow I doubt it given even the states resent federal intervention inside your own country.
No but Europeans have more in common with each other than Americans and Latinos. That would be like sticking Jordan, Iraq, Syria, etc in a union with European states.

President Obama support David Cameron's effort to remains in the E.U.
Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage says he's anti-British because he's half Kenyan.

Speaking at a joint press conference with Mr Obama, Prime Minister David Cameron said being a member of the EU strengthened Britain's "special relationship".

On the UK's upcoming referendum on its EU membership, he said: "This is our choice - nobody else's - the sovereign choice of the British people - but as we make that choice, it surely makes sense to listen to what our friends think."

Mr Obama said: "The UK is at its best when it's helping to lead a strong European Union. It leverages UK power to be part of the EU. I don't think the EU moderates British influence in the world, it magnifies it.

"America wants Britain's influence to grow, including within Europe."

On whether he should be intervening on the UK's referendum, he said: "Let me be clear: ultimately this is something the British voters have to decide for themselves."

"As part of our special relationship, part of being friends is to be honest and to let you know what I think, and speaking honestly, the outcome of that decision is a matter of deep interest to the US, because it affects our prosperity as well."

Mr Obama's intervention into the EU referendum debate has been criticised as "hypocritical" by London Mayor and EU leave campaigner Boris Johnson, and UKIP leader Nigel Farage said he was the most anti-British US president ever.

The London mayor has been under fire over comments he made about Mr Obama's "part-Kenyan" ancestry in an article for the Sun, suggesting some people thought he had an "ancestral dislike of the British Empire".

UKIP leader Nigel Farage earlier told BBC News he thought Mr Obama's views on the UK had been shaped by his Kenyan grandfather's experience of colonial Britain and suggested he bears a grudge against Britain.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36115138

I read Obama threaten the U.K. over trade deals if they voted out .

He should keep his fucking nose out of it. What a shit head thing to do. I hope he get plenty of shit for it back her and there.

NO!

Trade agreements are one thing but a country should never give up sovereignty.

No but Europeans have more in common with each other than Americans and Latinos. That would be like sticking Jordan, Iraq, Syria, etc in a union with European states.

What have I got in common with Romanians or even Germans? We've been at war with France for 100's of years. Turkey are almost certain to join and their islamic. We're hardly that similar.

But anyway, my question was more about the political union - no way would you yanks put up with that shit.

Lame-duck outgoing president speaks for future potus? get the fuck outta here.

Lame-duck outgoing president speaks for future potus? get the fuck outta here.

you're right. He shouldn't threaten; he should act --- like the British. You know ... starve them to death, set up concentration camps, and back it up with widespread propaganda demonizing the British.

Because that's exactly what the Brit have done historically over trade and empire expansion.

you're right. He shouldn't threaten; he should act --- like the British. You know ... starve them to death, set up concentration camps, and back it up with widespread propaganda demonizing the British.

Because that's exactly what the Brit have done historically over trade and empire expansion.
Judging current nations on historical actions is not exactly reasonable. Using that line of thinking we should just wipe every human being off the face of the planet.

Judging current nations on historical actions is not exactly reasonable. Using that line of thinking we should just wipe every human being off the face of the planet.

How long do you think you have to go back? 20yrs?

Never mind what the voters want, do what Obama wants. Stay in the EU and take more migrants - it's for your own good. Globalist bullshit.

He was also saying a lot of Americans are buried in European cemeteries defending europe. How convenient. And they weren't fighting for Europe to form a union and the UK leaving the EU won't exactly turn them into an enemy.

That's kinda unprecedented in modern times to take that tone with the Special Relationship. Then again Obama was never exactly a fan of teh Anglos

So UK is searching for independance, and the US is sticking its nose in to stop it. Irony?

Hopefully they tell us to fuck off, and do what they feel is in their best interest as a nation.

It is on

greycupoldguys.gif

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/04/london-mayor-boris-johnson-obama-brexit-160423063018186.html

London Mayor Boris Johnson has caused controversy in the United Kingdom by claiming that US President Barack Obama has an "ancestral dislike" for Britain as a result of his "part-Kenyan" heritage.

"Some said it was a snub to Britain. Some said it was a symbol of the part-Kenyan president’s ancestral dislike of the British empire - of which Churchill had been such a fervent defender" wrote the London mayor.

However, his remarks about Obama’s heritage did not score Johnson any points in the EU discussions. Instead, he was branded "racist" by several prominent MPs.

Tory MP Sir Nicholas Soames, who is the grandson of Sir Winston Churchill, said Johnson’s comments were "appalling" and "totally wrong on almost everything".

"Time and time again, his judgment is awry and he shows in this article a remarkable disregard for the facts, the truth and for all judgment," he told LBC radio. "I don’t think Boris has the stature to be leader."

Last edited:
How threatening Barack Husein can be? Is he on par with Sadam Husein?

Obama sure knows how to treat our #1 ally.

Why is he even commenting? Oh it will be bad for trade? You don't say? Trades the only reason to even stay, versus all the myriad reasons to leave that sinking ship.

Never mind what the voters want, do what Obama wants. Stay in the EU and take more migrants - it's for your own good. Globalist bullshit.

He was also saying a lot of Americans are buried in European cemeteries defending europe. How convenient. And they weren't fighting for Europe to form a union and the UK leaving the EU won't exactly turn them into an enemy.
They were fighting to prevent Europe from forming a union. Albeit against their will.

I haven't really followed Republicans' reaction to this. Is it something that's bothering them? Like when Netanyahu spoke before our Congress lobbying the US on how to deal with Iran?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back