Brendan Loughnane Speaks Out (Dominick Cruz Said He Got Contract)

Do you want Dana to sign Brendan?

• Total voters
Not sure I'd ever agree to be on Dana's card if I was actually trying to get in the UFC.

Seems risky because of this, but you should know that when you sign up and can't be disappointed if you don't get chosen if you don't get a finish.

If he knew how to promote himself before the fight, the takedown would not have been the most memorable thing about him.

so he wants a bunch of just bleed tank abbots, with zero fighting skill? seems he wants tough guy contests, rather than having the best fighters in the world...if i was that guy, i'd talk with bellator. i'm sure they will pay him good money. and he can have his own sponsors to boot.

Dana said in a recent interview that if the guy is so special other promotions should be jumping to sign him.

I actually agree with a lot of what he is saying. He did fight an experienced guy and he did damn near everything he could to get the finish. He made his fight more exciting than most WMMA headliners ever could. Dana White is not looking for talent, he is looking for brawlers.

Not usually a Dana hater, but it was absolutely ridiculous of him to throw a fit and not sign a fighter that was more UFC ready than anyone on the show.

The interesting thing is, he's getting more press by not being signed.

Dana said in a recent interview that if the guy is so special other promotions should be jumping to sign him.

He should definitely do that...i'm sure bellator or one fc...and they won't control what sponsors you get.

He should definitely do that...i'm sure bellator or one fc...and they won't control what sponsors you get.
its pretty sad how desperate people are to get into the ufc when the pay is shit and u cant even get sponsors

I feel like Dana has actually been pretty clear on this. Hes looking for more "just bleed" than "John fitch".
yea he might say that, but then look at last night's card. he did the opposite almost. he picked that johns guy who couldnt stop wrestling after getting the better of his opponent in the stand up.

its a lot of politics involved. theyre looking for the "right" guys

its pretty sad how desperate people are to get into the ufc when the pay is shit and u cant even get sponsors
its pretty sad some ppl dont understand not everything is about the money.

so he wants a bunch of just bleed tank abbots, with zero fighting skill? seems he wants tough guy contests, rather than having the best fighters in the world...if i was that guy, i'd talk with bellator. i'm sure they will pay him good money. and he can have his own sponsors to boot.

That’s pretty much exactly what Dana wants lol

MMA Is very tough to have a good career or make money obviously. It’s the same in boxing. You can be a pretty good boxer, and have a pretty good record, but without the right promoter and right opponents you will never really make any money.

If this doesn't show everyone MMA it's an entertainment centered business nothing will.

Watching Olympic caliber wrestlers hold people down for 25 minutes isn't exciting enough for people to pay.

I didn't know the killer instinct is selective and only shows up when the competition is weak enough. Also yeah totally show off your wrestling in the last 10 seconds so much time to show things.

"I wanted to knock him out"

Well shooting a td in the last 10 seconds of a fight literally says the opposite.

he's a 30 year old featherweight with 20 fights. the guy is set in his career and can't finish regional level fighters on dana's show
you really think he's UFC level? other than dana saying stupid shit, i don't see why people are acting like we're missing out on the biggest prospect in MMA history

sign him and if he doesn't get popped by USADA right away, feed him to aldo
otherwise, let him go to bellator

if it was me, looking for the best deal...whatever place I can make the most money, that is where I'm going...and sponsors are a huge deal...

One is not interested in a mediocre english fighter. They hire either local guys from the asian countries where they do their events or russian/brazilian guys because they are cheaper and, let's face it, better than english fighters.

Bellator wil offer him that 1500k/1500k contract where he can have all the sponsors he want lol

Why do you think people are desperately trying to get that 10k/10k contract with guaranteed reebok money? It's not as easy as you think outside of UFC

Back