Breaking Barriers: First Gay Man to win Figure Skating Gold

lol I don't think it is possible to be a straight male figure skater.

Id bet my left nut previous figure skaters have taken it up the ass

Just turned the macho world of figure skating on its head

I was watching last night and the male skaters were so gay that it made Curling appealing.

i thnk most figure skaters don't assume they have to admit to being gay.

Also, Boitano is openly gay -- so what the hell is that article talking about (didnt read)

Also, Boitano is openly gay -- so what the hell is that article talking about (didnt read)

First black action movie last week. First gay figure skater this week. We are living in a time of great pioneers.

Probably meant to put an "openly" there

That singer Sam Smith was the first openly gay man to win an academy award a year or two ago. Certainly not the first gay person to have won though.

he wasnt openly gay when he won. Sure, everyone assumed it, but people seem to forget how dangerous it was to actually come out as a homosexual back then.

he wasnt openly gay when he won. Sure, everyone assumed it, but people seem to forget how dangerous it was to actually come out as a homosexual back then.

id wager coming out as a gay figure skater in 88' would've been acceptable -- considering his profession. It was the year of coming out of the closet.

Probably meant to put an "openly" there

That singer Sam Smith was the first openly gay man to win an academy award a year or two ago. Certainly not the first gay person to have won though.

I thought if you figure skated in public you were declaring yourself openly gay.

id wager coming out as a gay figure skater in 88' would've been acceptable -- considering his profession. It was the year of coming out of the closet.
it had huge career repurcussions back then, and even to this day.

He only came out recently, and it was only when he was given a mentorship role in Sochi.

There are still lots of celebrities who remain closeted because it still carries a stigma- Queen Latifah, Michelle Rodriguez, John Travolta, and plenty of others. It took a rape allegation for Kevin Spacey to come out. And Richard Simmons STILL hasnt come out. And we all know Tim Tebow is definitely gay.

Back