• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breakdown of Ngannou open boxing session

Theyre not piss poor boxing matches if either of them decides to street fight. They have skills. They'll use their skills.

Street fights aren't unpredictable for MMA guys. They're used to near anything goes. Getting kicked or taken down won't surprise them. But it'll surprise the boxer.

But yes, if someone brings weapons or multiple people jump in its very unpredictable. But in that case, it's not one person beating the other in combat, is it? It's two or more people committing an assault on another.
MMA fighters fight under rules in a cage with gloves and cups on. In a street fight all bets are off. There are no rules and the ground is a lot harder when you hit it. It doesn't take much to get knocked out in the street. A stiff jab can do it. Oh, and the fights in the street don't last 15 or 25 minutes like they do in MMA. They typically end inside of a minute or two. Sometimes it's just a matter of seconds.

MMA fighters fight under rules in a cage with gloves and cups on. In a street fight all bets are off. There are no rules and the ground is a lot harder when you hit it. It doesn't take much to get knocked out in the street. A stiff jab can do it. Oh, and the fights in the street don't last 15 or 25 minutes like they do in MMA. They typically end inside of a minute or two. Sometimes it's just a matter of seconds.
I understand that and you're correct in what you've just stated. However, MMA skills still transfer 1000% better to the situation you just described than boxing. The ground is a lot harder - yes. Just adds to the advantage of knowing wrestling/takedowns and their defence.

Everyone knows this. Even me - someone who's done boxing/KB for 15 years and only tried grappling a few times.

Everyone knows it. Some just can't admit it.

I understand that and you're correct in what you've just stated. However, MMA skills still transfer 1000% better to the situation you just described than boxing. The ground is a lot harder - yes. Just adds to the advantage of knowing wrestling/takedowns and their defence.

Everyone knows this. Even me - someone who's done boxing/KB for 15 years and only tried grappling a few times.

Everyone knows it. Some just can't admit it.
MMA fighters are more complete so in theory it would give them the advantage. It all depends on what their approach is. If you have a good MMA fighter and a good boxer and the MMA guy decides to stand and trade punches then he's likely getting knocked out. Fights start standing and most street fights tend to be initiated with punches. It's not common to see one guy look to take the other down immediately. There are thousands of street fights available on the web to support this. The MMA fighter might shoot for a takedown immediately but if he doesn't know his opponent is a boxer then he probably won't.

MMA fighters are more complete so in theory it would give them the advantage. It all depends on what their approach is. If you have a good MMA fighter and a good boxer and the MMA guy decides to stand and trade punches then he's likely getting knocked out. Fights start standing and most street fights tend to be initiated with punches. It's not common to see one guy look to take the other down immediately. There are thousands of street fights available on the web to support this. The MMA fighter might shoot for a takedown immediately but if he doesn't know his opponent is a boxer then he probably won't.
You're mostly right but you can't really extrapolate how untrained people engage in/ initiate street fights to pros though.

But even if we do extrapolate, after the initial punch or two is thrown almost every fight enters a clinch situation. The MMA guy rips the boxer apart in seconds in that scenario 99% of the time. Just pure control of the opponent. If you've never felt it before its almost unimaginable.

So like I said, skillset for skillset, MMA 98% of the time. Unless the guy as you said decides to do nothing but exchange punches, which would be a weird rare choice.

You're mostly right but you can't really extrapolate how untrained people engage in/ initiate street fights to pros though.

But even if we do extrapolate, after the initial punch or two is thrown almost every fight enters a clinch situation. The MMA guy rips the boxer apart in seconds in that scenario 99% of the time. Just pure control of the opponent. If you've never felt it before its almost unimaginable.

So like I said, skillset for skillset, MMA 98% of the time. Unless the guy as you said decides to do nothing but exchange punches, which would be a weird rare choice.
We've seen several pro MMA fighters in street fights. Remember when Roger Huerta knocked out that black guy for hitting a woman many years ago? He did that with the first punch or two that he threw. That's how the fight started and how it ended. As I said before, most street fights are initiated with punching. These are random altercations more often than not. You know nothing about the other guy you just know that you have an issue with him or he has an issue with you. That's it. Clinching exists in boxing too but I agree that the MMA fighter should have the advantage in the clinch. I have felt it because I trained MMA for a few years. Securing the Thai clinch, pummeling (looking for over/unders, double underhooks, etc), getting to the body lock, it's not foreign to me. I also wrestled for years and live in the top wrestling state in the nation.

Reading comprehension fail on your part. Check my initial post. All I said was Fury will tool Ngannou however he wants in boxing, and Ngannou would win in 60 seconds vs Fury in MMA. That's not controversial.

The dude who quoted me bright up the silly idea of danger and street fights, which weren't mentioned previously.

I love and respect and train in boxing and kickboxing.

You were at it from the off using the ‘real fight’ chat and saying the ‘game of boxing’. Looking to get a reaction so you could have this childish debate.

I don’t think you want to set ‘Things Tyson Fury would say’ as the bar for your logic but as you like.

Ngannou loses, Fury loses in MMA and, as we’ve established through further discussion, you’d have Ngannou the edge in a street fight but there as basically too many variables to make it a worthwhile discussion.

The ignorance you guys have in MMA and boxing is astonishing . No Francis doesn't have "huge power" He couldn't even hurt Blackbeast or Gane in the stand up department. Everyone has huge power windmilling. Ngannou isn't some special stand up prodigy even in MMA. He got outclassed ves non zombie Stipe , looked pathetic vs Blackbeast and had a stinker vs Gane were he needed wrestling not survive stand up. Only huge power is the book of excuses from his fans.

He is a roided up bum in boxing with subpar skills and mediocre power. His 2 is a joke so is his jab..

Whatever chief. Take it up with Joe Joyce and the other guy who sparred both Francis and Fury. He does have big power and at heavyweight that's not surprising.

It's a factor in this fight that Mayweather vs Conor didn't have.

As you suggested, I know Ngannou is one of the very few guys in MMA with proper KO power, there's no doubt about that. And yeah Pillowfists McGregory's "power" looked like an absolute joke in a boxing ring. He only looked powerful picking off enraged manlets, with no chin or defense.

UepSTfZ.gif

OK2E7JV.gif

Also, I know Joyce said that, but I'm not entirely convinced Ngannou does hit harder than Fury. He can definitely punch by MMA standards, but when the fight happens, I won't be surprised at all if Fury is the bigger puncher.

Ngannou seems like someone who would throw bombs non stop in sparring, as that's basically all he knows. Fury mgiht have just been fucking around.

Yeah that's a good point. Maybe Fury wasn't going as hard in sparring.

Fyi Tom Aspinall also sparred both Fury and Francis and said the same thing - Francis hits harder.

In all likelihood Fury wins this but I do give Francis a decent puncher's chance.

Whatever chief. Take it up with Joe Joyce and the other guy who sparred both Francis and Fury. He does have big power and at heavyweight that's not surprising.

It's a factor in this fight that Mayweather vs Conor didn't have.
You ever heard of fight Promotion? Joe Joyce , you genius, is co promoted byWarren. Now what would Joyce say about a fight with Warren promoted Fury involved ? Hint: nothing bad .

Impressive how easy you are to fool.

You ever heard of fight Promotion? Joe Joyce , you genius, is co promoted byWarren. Now what would Joyce say about a fight with Warren promoted Fury involved ? Hint: nothing bad .

Impressive how easy you are to fool.

Joyce sounded pretty straight up as he always does. I didn't detect any fight promotion.

He just basically said Francis has a puncher's chance and he does have power.

Fyi Tom Aspinall said the same about Francis having big power (more than Fury). I don't know why that is so hard for you to believe.

Funk you pay me. Smartest dude since McGregor. Leverage is everything, and Francis has it.

He burned bridges with Dana to go and barely land a single boxing match where he's gonna get annihilated. Then what Leverage will he have? He might have 1 more decent boxing payday after Fury tools him. But, a 2nd loss would finish him as a boxer. And any boxer that's a big enough draw for the fight to make sense $$$ wise would cremate him. PFL wants him to fight.... uggggh, some HW they have? I can't even name one HW there, maybe Arlovski's in PFL?

I know he claims the main reason he left UFC was he wanted to fight for fighter's rights to have a union and some other things that honestly sounded great. But he made none of that happen, isn't in the UFC anymore, and is going to get beat down in a month. And even after Fury whoops him he'll probably still think he's worth mega $$$. Fury's taking this fight so lightly that he's scheduled another fight for like 6 weeks after it.

Francis might have started this journey with great intentions and what he thought was a solid game plan. But this is going to fail badly for him. He would rule BKFC but the $$$ he thinks he's worth he'd never fight there.

He seriously overvalued himself if he really thinks he has what it takes to box and this all isn't just him chasing money.

Joyce sounded pretty straight up as he always does. I didn't detect any fight promotion.

He just basically said Francis has a puncher's chance and he does have power.

Fyi Tom Aspinall said the same about Francis having big power (more than Fury). I don't know why that is so hard for you to believe.
I can believe that Ngannou hits harder. Fury can punch when he fully commits (sits down on his shots) but he's never been a big puncher. That said, Fury's timing and shot placement are superior. He'll hit Ngannou not just hard but with pinpoint precision when he least expects it. With punches that he doesn't even see coming. That's what will do the worst damage.

Reactions: Po

Good point. Mma guy may not know the disadvantage he is facing on the feet.

However the mma guy has a bigger bag available, with all the strikes available in muay thai at their disposal. This is a big advantage over the strictly boxing guy.
How it turns out depends on the individuals imo and who gets caught.

He burned bridges with Dana to go and barely land a single boxing match where he's gonna get annihilated. Then what Leverage will he have? He might have 1 more decent boxing payday after Fury tools him. But, a 2nd loss would finish him as a boxer. And any boxer that's a big enough draw for the fight to make sense $$$ wise would cremate him. PFL wants him to fight.... uggggh, some HW they have? I can't even name one HW there, maybe Arlovski's in PFL?

I know he claims the main reason he left UFC was he wanted to fight for fighter's rights to have a union and some other things that honestly sounded great. But he made none of that happen, isn't in the UFC anymore, and is going to get beat down in a month. And even after Fury whoops him he'll probably still think he's worth mega $$$. Fury's taking this fight so lightly that he's scheduled another fight for like 6 weeks after it.

Francis might have started this journey with great intentions and what he thought was a solid game plan. But this is going to fail badly for him. He would rule BKFC but the $$$ he thinks he's worth he'd never fight there.

He seriously overvalued himself if he really thinks he has what it takes to box and this all isn't just him chasing money.

Do you work for wme? Lol

He already secured money per fight in pfl. He even secured money for his opponents there.

https://frontofficesports.com/how-francis-ngannou-and-pfl-could-revolutionize-fighters-pay/

The ignorance you guys have in MMA and boxing is astonishing . No Francis doesn't have "huge power" He couldn't even hurt Blackbeast or Gane in the stand up department. Everyone has huge power windmilling. Ngannou isn't some special stand up prodigy even in MMA. He got outclassed ves non zombie Stipe , looked pathetic vs Blackbeast and had a stinker vs Gane were he needed wrestling not survive stand up. Only huge power is the book of excuses from his fans.

He is a roided up bum in boxing with subpar skills and mediocre power. His 2 is a joke so is his jab..

Told u so, sucka

The above sure didn't age well.....

Reactions: Po
Back