Brazilian (Portuguese) rap?

Walt Ruckus

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you fellow "all things Brazilian -nuthuggers" would know any wicked Brazilian rap groups? I bet there is a whole lot of 'em. So let's hear it!

racionales MC is pretty good

if anyone could find me the rest of this song, i would love to know what it is. I got it from the OTM video "scar tissue"

link

hamoom said:
if anyone could find me the rest of this song, i would love to know what it is. I got it from the OTM video "scar tissue"

link

I liked the tribal style percussions in that but the kid doing the chatting sounded a bit too... well, too much of a kid :)

Walt Ruckus said:
I liked the tribal style percussions in that but the kid doing the chatting sounded a bit too... well, too much of a kid :)

thats what makes it more hardcore! :eek:

hamoom said:
thats what makes it more hardcore! :eek:

Well to a certain extent, yes. This summer I was watching this cuban rap group called Alto Voltaje while they were visiting Finland and they had this 4 year old kid with them dancing on the stage and singing choruses. It did rock indeed :cool:

But back to the topic, let's list them Brazilian rap artists!

Don't know, I listen mostly to rock. Ask some of the guys in Sprechen Se Jive.

Hmm, does anyone know any Brazilian songs PERIOD that rock ass? And a Cuban band on tour? You sure they are from Cuba? I don't even think that's probable.

Ok...Racionais MCs are good rap.
O Rappa is good stuff. For metal try ...hm..Angra, and Sepultura.
If you like bossa nova then of course Antonio Carlos Jobim ( girl from ipanema), Jo

UltimaMMA said:
I heard pagode is popular in Brazil

Huge. Similar to samba but a little faster unless my ears are shit.

Also try Jota Quest. Whoever suggested O Rappa is right on.

Soid said:
Hmm, does anyone know any Brazilian songs PERIOD that rock ass? And a Cuban band on tour? You sure they are from Cuba? I don't even think that's probable.

If you like metal you should check out at least Rattamahatta by Sepultura and Brazil by Soulfly.

Sepultura kicked ass back in the day. Haven

Back