Brazilian fans need to be patronized this much?

Where do you get the idea that it is based off of that? I'm pretty sure they have been chanting that at football games for a lot longer than that song has existed.

Right. It's only different words in the exact same cadence as a huge hit song that came out in the early 90's. Just a coincidence I'm sure.

Big Nog was the underdog? lol seriously? WTF I think the odds makers were a bit confused.

Schaub was coming of some good wins and Big nog not so much.

http://www.betsbg.com/ufc/ufc-odds-rodrigo-nogueira-vs-brendan-schaub

Nogueira had just been KOed brutally by Velasquez and had staph, a broken femur, a cracked skull, a rough weight cut and bad gloves.
Schaub had just won against Gonzaga(considered good at the time) and Cro Cop with a nice KO.

Also, this:
[YT]CpA-4_RZsjI[/YT]

before that...

Shogun vs. St. Preux (shogun owned)

Aldo vs. Mendes 2 (toughest UFC fight for Aldo so far)

Bigfoot vs. Arlovski (Bigfoot owned)

Miocic vs. Maldonado (a replacement, but Miocic proved he's not an easy matchup for JDS anyway)

Shogun vs. Henderson 2 (Shogun owned)

Machida vs. Mousasi (42% of Sherdog picked Mousasi)

I'm burning with your logic.

Brazilian judges > Canada > Albuquerque > Nevada

I can't remember the last time I seen a Brazilian underdog fighting a forginer in Brazil. Anyone know of any?

Foreign favourites from the last 3 Brazil events:

UFN 58:

Cummins
Magomedov (slight)
Sasaki (huge)
Collier
Means

UFN 56:

Ansaroff
Edwards
Brenneman (slight)
Covington (huge)

UFC 179:

Elkins
Magny
Fili

So there's been 12 in the last 3 Brazil events. I think there was some obvious favourable home country match-making when they first went to Brazil (UFC 134, UFC 142) but that's changed and the betting odds reflect this.

op apparently missed miocic vs maldonado, arlovski vs bigfoot, and OSP vs shogun.

Not to mention how biased the Brazilian judges are.

before that...

Shogun vs. St. Preux (shogun owned)

Aldo vs. Mendes 2 (toughest UFC fight for Aldo so far)

Bigfoot vs. Arlovski (Bigfoot owned)

Miocic vs. Maldonado (a replacement, but Miocic proved he's not an easy matchup for JDS anyway)

Shogun vs. Henderson 2 (Shogun owned)

Machida vs. Mousasi (42% of Sherdog picked Mousasi)

I don't think you understand odds.

I remember that one show in Brazil where non Brazilians almost won every matchup. The funny thing about it is that most of the losses where due to brutol TKO's and KO's and all you heard was silence.

I don't think you understand odds.

I don't think odds has much to do with this. Odds are only available after the UFC announes the fight, the UFC can't pick the fights using odds.

CB got a KO on his last trip to Brazil, the fights are usually made with the outcome more than likely favoring the brazilian, but its a fight. Both are grown men who agreed to it and anything can happen in there.

Since we have not had a Brazil hate thread in about a week, I'll bother saying that in the last event the only guy who got booed was the guy who literally requested it.

I'm brazilian, and it hurts me to say this, but we're just awful as a society.

Uneducated, selfish, loud, overly proud, careless people, with absolutely NO sense of community whatsoever.

I've been living in Japan for quite few years, and it's just astonishing the difference in the way people behave in their daily activities.
It's like another planet, with another race living in it.

I'm ashamed for being brazilian on pretty much every day of my life, and I see no way to change the way people behave in my country.
It's just the way it is.
And god forbid you bring these issues up to any brazilian living there. My god, don't even dare.

As for the topic, it's obvious the UFC brass already knows what brazilians want to see and how they behave in general, that's why we see so many mismatches there.
I can honestly say, without doubt, that if there isn't at least one brazilian champion at any given time, or if brazilians lose more than they win in Brazil, the business there is unsustainable.

Brazilians don't like sports, they like to WIN, to make fun of the losers and the parties/barbecues to celebrate the victories.

Uneducated, selfish, loud, overly proud, careless people, with absolutely NO sense of community whatsoever.

I've been living in Japan for quite few years, and it's just astonishing the difference in the way people behave in their daily activities.

I'm ashamed for being brazilian on pretty much every day of my life, and I see no way to change the way people behave in my country.
It's just the way it is.
And god forbid you bring these issues up to any brazilian living there. My god, don't even dare.

As for the topic, it's obvious the UFC brass already knows what brazilians want to see and how they behave in general, that's why we see so many mismatches there.
I can honestly say, without doubt, that if there isn't at least one brazilian champion at any given time, or if brazilians lose more than they win in Brazil, the business there is unsustainable.

Brazilians don't like sports, they like to WIN, to make fun of the losers and the parties/barbecues to celebrate the victories.

beautiful post

It's just the way it is.

Good to see a Brazilian be honest about his country. You sir have more dignity than the rest of that primitive dump put together

Back