Brainwave- Dan Hardy vs Nick Diaz

As long as Hardy keeps it standing and fights smart, his chances are good against Diaz. He has a complete game, is pretty mobile.

Honestly, I'm curious to see if Diaz will struggle to beat competent kickboxers now that it's so obvious how to gameplan against him. There will of course still be guys who can't execute or for one reason or another, get caught in the trap of brawling, headhunting against Diaz.

i thought about this fight long ago but quickly realized that daley would crush dan hardy. so would diaz. there are better fights for nick.

Agreed. 90% of the time it is sloppier and worse.

Watch Nick and Bj as that fight is 80% boxing. and it is even good boxing by MMA standards. But it is not good boxing by boxing standards. take the same two guys, stripped of their personality and make that a boxing match and it would not main event. Not even close.

Anyway I already answered the question. It is personality driven more then skill.

I love MMA more then boxing. I just don't get why such a huge percent of MMA fans like mma the most when it looks like lower level boxing. I see such praise whenever the UFC is about to match up guys who will likely make it a pseudo boxing matches as if that is much better then a full on mma match where the fight takes place everywhere. I find that strange.

Because it's not boxing. Just like football players not running as fast as track stars, it is a different sport. Obviously football players aren't as fast because they have alot more to worry about than just running fast. Just like mma fighters have a lot more to worry about than punching.

It's a silly shallow comparison. They are different, that's why some people like boxing and some some like mma

Hardy would not have the slightest chance against Nick, I think Nick would win by KO

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back