Brainwave- Dan Hardy vs Nick Diaz

pretzelguard

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I think this would be an amazing fight. Both of them would keep it standing and it would be a really nice striking match/brawl

On top of that Hardy has way more weapons on the feet than Diaz so it could make for a great win for Hardy

Looks like he's already spoken about it

Last edited:
If Diaz loses to GSP and Hardy wins his next fight, then yeah.

If Diaz loses to GSP then set it up. Agree mostly but I think Hardy well get submitted.

Would be a good fight. I'd expect Diaz to win though.

That would be an awesome fight! But i see Hardy getting beaten up on the feet and maybe going for a take down and well.. i got Diaz by submission.

I think standup Diaz wins all day, and as soon as it hits the mat Diaz does the same. Diaz took Daley's best shots and remained conscious, I don't think Hardy would beat him down. Diaz would right jab him relentlessly, and if Hardy tried to come forward would get beat. Play the kicking and retreating game and maybe get a W and a lot of boos for Hardy. To beat Nick you have to take him down and beat him up, or retreat and counterpunch Condit style. Stand and trade, and most get beat down.

diaz wins standing or even more likely beats him easily on the ground

Sounds like an easy ass fight to me. Rather see Nick fight some bigger names.

Fun fight but there are "higher ups" I'd rather see Diaz wail on post-gsp.

in the video when hardy is asked to fight Diaz he moves his head in a notion like "no" even though he is saying yes. Body language.

All hardys got is a lead hook and diaz will just take it and eat hardy alive where ever it goes. He wouldnt even last a round.

The longer he is out the better he gets. He is training with with all styles . Mir, St. Pierre, BLACKZILLIANS n others. I believe the the Diaz vs. Hardy fight would be good and as in any fight could go either way. But Hardy is explosive and I would give him the edge for a late TKO!

Will look like Nick vs Gomi. Nick will patter the shit out of Hardy until Hardy goes for a lazy NCAA takedown and get triangled or armbarred

The taunting between them would be a lot of fun. Nick is a much better fighter of the two, but the styles match up fun and i like seeing both guys beat up so i win

TS, agreed with ya that it'd be a great fight....BUT this fight has virtually zero chance of happening IMO. Diaz is fighting GSP for the belt, and Hardy is only on a 2-fight winning streak after losing 4 straight and is still fairly distant from the top 10 in the WW division.

For the record...Diaz by bloody 209 beatdown

Fun fight. Could end up looking like Nate's fight against Cerrone though.

Back