Brainwave- Dan Hardy vs Nick Diaz

really?! daley and hardy have quite different styles. semtex is a power puncher and hardy has sweet combos still with a lot of power. i think it might be quite a technical strike off

Yeah but Daley has fairly technical striking too
Hardy in the lytle fight was sending some power strikes for sure I think it'll be knocking eachother down repeatedly

This would be an amazing fight, i think Hardy matches up well with him.

Why do not more MMA fans watching boxing if they want to see hardy and Diaz in a pure stand up fight.

You can 10x the quality in a standup fight watching boxing then you would watching Diaz/Hardy.

Diaz beats Hardy standing, easily. Either Diaz TKO or Diaz by sub when Hardy shoots the double, a la Hardy/Lytle.

I'd much rather see Hardy fight Brown, Pyle, Ebersole, Hieron, Hathaway, or maybe even Alves. Those fights are a lot more even and make a lot more sense rankings wise, too. I'd favor Hardy slightly over Brown and Ebersole, even with Hieron and Hathaway, and consider him a slight to moderate underdog against Alves and Pyle, but all of those fights seem intriguing to me for various reasons.

I honestly think Hardy/Diaz would be rather lopsided.

Hardy would bot stand with adiaz and this fight would turn into a snoozer. Watch Hardy's last fight to see what would happen.

Why do not more MMA fans watching boxing if they want to see hardy and Diaz in a pure stand up fight.

You can 10x the quality in a standup fight watching boxing then you would watching Diaz/Hardy.

NFL fans love long touchdown runs so why don't they just watch track. Those guys are way faster.

NFL fans love long touchdown runs so why don't they just watch track. Those guys are way faster.

not analogous.

Nick V Hardy would almost certainly look pretty much like a lower level boxing match. Neither really kick or use the clinch much and if Hardy does not go for a td (which he won't after his Lytle loss) it will be just a boxing match. Watching track is not like watching someone run in an NFL game.

It seems to me that maybe it is personality driven and not skill of the sport driven. And if that is it, then I guess that is ok. but maybe some of those same fans should spend some time getting to know some of the personalities of boxers then so they can see a better quality sport boxing, if that is what they liked when attached to a personality they know.

Ugh, not a favorable match up for Dan. I'd be pulling for him hard but it would be a miracle if he won a decision. Don Genus he ain't.

Rough fight for hardy. I think he has a little point fighter in him though and that guy can take this with kicks and clinches. Maybe.

not analogous.

Nick V Hardy would almost they look pretty much like a lower level boxing match. Neither really kick or use the clinch much and if Hardy does not go for a td (which he won't after his Lytle loss) it will be just a boxing match. Watching track is not like watching someone run in an NFL game.

It seems to me that maybe it is personality driven and not skill of the sport driven. And if that is it, then I guess that is ok. but maybe some of those same fans should spend some time getting to know some of the personalities of boxers then so they can see a better quality sport boxing, if that is what they liked when attached to a personality they know.

And watching people box in MMA is not the same as watching boxers box. they are two different sports so just because they are punching doesn't mean they are the same. It's like saying running in all sports is the same.

Plus hardy kicks plenty. Diaz uses clinch quite a bit actually. And did you even watch hardys last fight? You sound like a very uneducated boxing fan.

If Nick loses to GSP and Hardy wins his next fight I would watch it. I really think Nick would whoop his ass though.

I absolutely assure you Diaz would volume punch Hardy into oblivion.

Go watch Diaz-Daley. Yeah that's the result.

And watching people box in MMA is not the same as watching boxers box. they are two different sports so just because they are punching doesn't mean they are the same. It's like saying running in all sports is the same.

Plus hardy kicks plenty. Diaz uses clinch quite a bit actually. And did you even watch hardys last fight? You sound like a very uneducated boxing fan.

Agreed. 90% of the time it is sloppier and worse.

Watch Nick and Bj as that fight is 80% boxing. and it is even good boxing by MMA standards. But it is not good boxing by boxing standards. take the same two guys, stripped of their personality and make that a boxing match and it would not main event. Not even close.

Anyway I already answered the question. It is personality driven more then skill.

I love MMA more then boxing. I just don't get why such a huge percent of MMA fans like mma the most when it looks like lower level boxing. I see such praise whenever the UFC is about to match up guys who will likely make it a pseudo boxing matches as if that is much better then a full on mma match where the fight takes place everywhere. I find that strange.

Diaz would submit him. The stand-up would be fun though.

The first time it hit the ground would be the last time.

Back