Brady > Belichick ?

Brady having success on a stacked team elsewhere is pretty much his equivalent to Bill having success with a stacked team and Matt Cassel at qb when Brady went down. People are really trying to overthink this season.
that stacked team went 7-9 last year. fuck is your dumb ass point

Brady isn't just a system QB, but you put any of the great QB's of our era on that team and they win 6+ rings. You really think Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, Manning, Warner, or hell even Romo couldn't have worked wonders with those defenses and that coaching crew.

GOAT get thrown around a lot, but IMO Belicheat is the single greatest coach in the history of the game.
they went 7-9 last year. clown show

No one is saying Brady is a bum, in fact most of the SB seasons he was clearly also the MVP. But when Matt Cassel can put together a double digit win season, or a busted Cam Newton and half a team sat out can put them within spitting distance of .500 in the same year their franchise QB left, Belicheat clearly is running a tight ship. I expect him to take a few seasons to reload and the make another run with some new diamond he has unearthed that no one has heard of.
Brady went 18-1 with that stacked team. Cassel missed the fucking playoffs. fuck is your point?

they went 7-9 last year. clown show

I haven't made a single mention of the Bucs talent. Put the trenbolone down there bud.

Brady went 18-1 with that stacked team. Cassel missed the fucking playoffs. fuck is your point?

Again, since you double dosed your injections today, nobody is saying Brady isn't great.

But I firmly believe the x-factor was Belichick. You put Rodgers or Wilson or Mahomos or Manning on those teams and you get the same results.

It's a new team that went 7-9 last year with those same weapons and hasn't made the playoffs in over a decade, but sure, you keep talking stupid shit.
Lol at hyping up winning three more games and getting a wild card. Brady is worth three more wins than JaJameis at this point. Oof.

Got shit on twice by the real best QB in that division as well.

How badly do you want to trade places with Brady’s son? Hope he wears chapstick.

Not sure how impressive 3 more wins is considering he replaced a guy who had 35 turnovers last year

As for Bill’s record with and without Brady, I’d put more weight on what he did with backup QB’s while Brady was injured/suspended since that’s a direct comparison of team talent. They won 65% of those games which is a better win percentage than any other NFL team in that timeframe. It’s all Brady though

BTW, I’m not one of those people that thinks he sucks, but to act like the Pats success is all down to him is crazy

Brady was 4-5 in his last 9 games with the Pats, throw in that half of their defense opted out this year and that Cam was historically bad and it’s pretty impressive that they’ll likely go 7-9 (with a really good Bills team and a decent one down in Miami in the division)

that stacked team went 7-9 last year. fuck is your dumb ass point

They also added Gronk, AB, fournette and McCoy this year. They also went from the 28th ranked defense in ppg to the 7th this season. So add all that together and he’s better than JaJameis Winston by 3 wins? That’s setting the bar pretty low for a guy who’s widely regarded as the goat. You should ask yourself “fuck is your dumb ass point.”

They had a QB that threw 30 INTs...but anyone that knows anything about football would understand this

they also had a bottom 5 defense last year versus a top 10 defense this year. But like you said, anyone who knows anything about football would understand this.

Tom is playing next year and maybe the year after correct? Let's wait and see. Usually when a bitter older qb leaves he has a great first season then it's the following season where his old team rebounds and looks smart for letting them go when they did. Montana's first year with the chiefs they went to the afc championship but lost in wildcard the next year while the 49ers win it all. Brett's first year with the vikings was mvp like but they lost in the nfc championship. While green bay struggles that first year. Next year? Brett sucks and green bay wins it all.
It's easier for a veteran qb to go to another team and have shirt term success while his old team has a bit of an adjustment period.
I'm not saying brady will suck next year and the Patriots will win it all but I'd give bill at least another year before we judge. Brady might win this battle, but let's see who wins the war.
With that said, I actually have the bucs as my dark horse nfc team. Meanwhile I have no damn clue what bill is going to do at qb. I'm guessing trade for Jimmy or take a shot at Dwayne Haskins.

Good post.

Farve had the lolJets at 8-3 before his arm died and the Vikings within a few plays of the SB when he left GB.

Tom is playing next year and maybe the year after correct? Let's wait and see. Usually when a bitter older qb leaves he has a great first season then it's the following season where his old team rebounds and looks smart for letting them go when they did. Montana's first year with the chiefs they went to the afc championship but lost in wildcard the next year while the 49ers win it all. Brett's first year with the vikings was mvp like but they lost in the nfc championship. While green bay struggles that first year. Next year? Brett sucks and green bay wins it all.
It's easier for a veteran qb to go to another team and have shirt term success while his old team has a bit of an adjustment period.
I'm not saying brady will suck next year and the Patriots will win it all but I'd give bill at least another year before we judge. Brady might win this battle, but let's see who wins the war.
With that said, I actually have the bucs as my dark horse nfc team. Meanwhile I have no damn clue what bill is going to do at qb. I'm guessing trade for Jimmy or take a shot at Dwayne Haskins.
LMFAO, Tom is 43. The deck was already stacked against him, a mile high, and you're bargaining to throw out this season because he killed it again. "Let's just pretend this year didn't happen because I don't like that it added to the legacy of the already greatest NFL career in history."

No, there is no correlation between bitter old QBs leaving and doing well in their next season. That's not a thing. The vast majority of QBs continue a decline when their team drops them. It's why they got dropped.
Not sure how impressive 3 more wins is considering he replaced a guy who had 35 turnovers last year

As for Bill’s record with and without Brady, I’d put more weight on what he did with backup QB’s while Brady was injured/suspended since that’s a direct comparison of team talent. They won 65% of those games which is a better win percentage than any other NFL team in that timeframe. It’s all Brady though

BTW, I’m not one of those people that thinks he sucks, but to act like the Pats success is all down to him is crazy

Brady was 4-5 in his last 9 games with the Pats, throw in that half of their defense opted out this year and that Cam was historically bad and it’s pretty impressive that they’ll likely go 7-9 (with a really good Bills team and a decent one down in Miami in the division)
It's +3 wins with a game to go, LOL. Tampa Bay's strength of schedule last year was pathetic (18th in the league). This year they had the 11th toughest schedule, using the simple method, and not a single winning team in the league had a tougher schedule. Furthermore, using the weighted strength of schedule, which accounts for teams' records at home vs. away depending on where a team plays them, as well as betting lines, since teams like Chicago were well-known to be overrated earlier in the year by record, Tampa Bay had the toughest schedule in the league this year.

This is why using the SRS Tampa Bay is the #1 rated team in the league. Last year they were 14th.

Brady is in the top 1/3rd in nearly every stat that correlates to winning, Newton is in the bottom 1/3rd: QB Passer Rating, QBR, ANY/A, TD/INT ratio, TD/PA ratio, Red Zone conversion ratio. The only stats where Tom lags is Completion %, and who cares when you're in the Top 5 in total passing yards.

The haters are all out of excuses. Tom does it again and again and again. Born winner. He doesn't sit on a throne, he sits on a mountain. It's the only appropriate habitat for the GOAT.

"Well this is proof Brady would be a career clipboard holder without Bill." - certain posters after week 1 <Lmaoo>

LMFAO, Tom is 43. The deck was already stacked against him, a mile high, and you're bargaining to throw out this season because he killed it again. "Let's just pretend this year didn't happen because I don't like that it added to the legacy of the already greatest NFL career in history."

No, there is no correlation between bitter old QBs leaving and doing well in their next season. That's not a thing. The vast majority of QBs continue a decline when their team drops them. It's why they got dropped.

It's +3 wins with a game to go, LOL. Tampa Bay's strength of schedule last year was pathetic (18th in the league). This year they had the 11th toughest schedule, using the simple method, and not a single winning team in the league had a tougher schedule. Furthermore, using the weighted strength of schedule, which accounts for teams' records at home vs. away depending on where a team plays them, as well as betting lines, since teams like Chicago were well-known to be overrated earlier in the year by record, Tampa Bay had the toughest schedule in the league this year.

This is why using the SRS Tampa Bay is the #1 rated team in the league. Last year they were 14th.

Brady is in the top 1/3rd in nearly every stat that correlates to winning, Newton is in the bottom 1/3rd: QB Passer Rating, QBR, ANY/A, TD/INT ratio, TD/PA ratio, Red Zone conversion ratio. The only stats where Tom lags is Completion %, and who cares when you're in the Top 5 in total pass yards.

The haters are all out of excuses. Tom does it again and again and again. Born winner. He doesn't sit on a throne, he sits on a mountain. It's the only appropriate habitat for the GOAT.
my-ninja.jpg

The Pats had like 10 starters opt out of the season and have piled up injuries. Their issues go much deeper than QB.
True. They were one and done last year with Brady and the 2019 Pats team was definitely more talented. Look at the Front 7 from 2019 compared to 2020.

It’s taking Brady playing with an All Star team offensively to get to the Wild Card. Good for him, I guess.
How many of those All stars from Tampa's offense made the Pro Bowl? Zero. Between layoffs and injuries, while talented, it is not quite the juggernaut some pundits are trying to make them appear to be.

Flip Belichick and Arians and the Pats would have had a great chance of landing Trevor Lawrence and the Bucs would probably be the top seed in the NFC.

No coach, as good as they may be can win without talent. Even a coach as good as Belichick is not pilling up playoff wins and rings without a great QB. Belichick has almost zero social skills, but he is probably the smartest coach the game has seen. Has there EVER been a more coachable player than Brady?

Belichick literally won the lottery getting Brady with the 199th pick. Brady could not have landed in a better spot. The whole > sum of their parts.

All that being said, I think its impossible not to give Brady the greater share of credit. The week he became starter, 0-2, coming off a 5-11 season, without the face of the franchise, Drew Bledsoe and facing the Division rival Colts and the heir apparent, Peyton Manning... I thought they were dead in the water. They killed the Colts and won the SB. Irsay got so scared, he pulled the Colts from the AFC East and put them into the easiest division in the NFL, the NFC South in the newly configured league.

Brady was the spark that changed them from a very well coached, but mostly uninspired team to the greatest dynasty in NFL history. Now Brady's gone and his new team, the Bucs are the one attracting all the talent and heading to the playoffs and the Pats, well, they look like the Browns from the mid-90s.

True. They were one and done last year with Brady and the 2019 Pats team was definitely more talented. Look at the Front 7 from 2019 compared to 2020.

How many of those All stars from Tampa's offense made the Pro Bowl? Zero. Between layoffs and injuries, while talented, it is not quite the juggernaut some pundits are trying to make them appear to be.

Flip Belichick and Arians and the Pats would have had a great chance of landing Trevor Lawrence and the Bucs would probably be the top seed in the NFC.

No coach, as good as they may be can win without talent. Even a coach as good as Belichick is not pilling up playoff wins and rings without a great QB. Belichick has almost zero social skills, but he is probably the smartest coach the game has seen. Has there EVER been a more coachable player than Brady?

Belichick literally won the lottery getting Brady with the 199th pick. Brady could not have landed in a better spot. The whole > sum of their parts.

All that being said, I think its impossible not to give Brady the greater share of credit. The week he became starter, 0-2, coming off a 5-11 season, without the face of the franchise, Drew Bledsoe and facing the Division rival Colts and the heir apparent, Peyton Manning... I thought they were dead in the water. They killed the Colts and won the SB. Irsay got so scared, he pulled the Colts from the AFC East and put them into the easiest division in the NFL, the NFC South in the newly configured league.

Brady was the spark that changed them from a very well coached, but mostly uninspired team to the greatest dynasty in NFL history. Now Brady's gone and his new team, the Bucs are the one attracting all the talent and heading to the playoffs and the Pats, well, they look like the Browns from the mid-90s.
It's not just their tenures in NE. He got fired by the Ravens who won a SB with Trent Dilfer at QB a few years later.

Extremely simple, put Brady on this current Pats roster and they’re still getting fucking trounced by the Bills and would be extremely lucky to get a WC.

Bill and Brady put together something special for 20 years, neither is achieving the amount of success without the other. Fucking weirdos who are no doubt closet cases are the ones still sucking Brady off.

Even Brady haters like Shannon Sharpe are predicting that Brady and the Buccaneers will have a better season next year than this year. They had issues getting on the same page and adjusting to Antonio Brown coming in late. No practices, no preseason, they even got shut down when Brady and some receivers tried to go to a local park in Tampa and throw some balls because of Covid-19 restrictions. Give Brady another year to learn the offense and dealing with Arians and building chemistry with the team and all that. Rodgers struggled last year with a new coach to the point that the Packers actually thought he was on the way out and drafted his replacement and then it backfired on them because he's having a career year. Not expecting that much from Brady next year, but they should be even better...

And of course Belichick will probably win the "war" because he can coach until he dies or dementia kicks in. Brady could probably play until he's 50 if left to his own devices, but Gisele and the kids have been trying to drag him out the door for five years already. So he'll play two more years tops...

The Pats had like 10 starters opt out of the season and have piled up injuries. Their issues go much deeper than QB.

It’s taking Brady playing with an All Star team offensively to get to the Wild Card. Good for him, I guess.
It's one of those years where teams with 10-11 wins might not get a Wild Card. Their being 5th means they're going to play a horrible NFC Least team, most likely Washington. Might as well have a fucking bye. And then they're probably going to play the Packers (unless the Rams somehow beat Seattle), who are great and Rodgers is playing well lately, but FWIW, they've already shown they can beat the Packers this year. So that game might not be the foregone conclusion some think it is. I can see them getting to the NFC Championship, if not the Super Bowl, although obviously the odds are not in their favor.

They also added Gronk, AB, fournette and McCoy this year. They also went from the 28th ranked defense in ppg to the 7th this season. So add all that together and he’s better than JaJameis Winston by 3 wins? That’s setting the bar pretty low for a guy who’s widely regarded as the goat. You should ask yourself “fuck is your dumb ass point.”
Brady IS the reason why the defense is better. Nothing fucks a defense more than a pick 6 on offense or any type of INT. They had the talent on defense last year, but bum ass Winston put them in the worst positions. Also you guys keep saying 3 wins, but it's going to be 4 wins by the end of the season, and yes 4 wins is a BIG difference. It's a more than 50% improvement from last year.

Brady IS the reason why the defense is better. Nothing fucks a defense more than a pick 6 on offense or any type of INT. They had the talent on defense last year, but bum ass Winston put them in the worst positions. Also you guys keep saying 3 wins, but it's going to be 4 wins by the end of the season, and yes 4 wins is a BIG difference. It's a more than 50% improvement from last year.

You’re really reaching here lol.. The quarterback doesn’t make a bottom 5 defense go to a potential top 5 defense. Not having JaJameis, literally the worst turnover qb in the league helped their turnover differential sure but that doesn’t make that dramatic of a difference lmfao. The team overall is better, they’re playing better and while Brady is a part of that, he’s not the entire reason.

Back