Brady > Belichick ?

Evans already has a career high in touchdowns and will almost surely have another 1k-yard season after today's game, despite dealing with injuries this year, along with several other receivers and tight ends on the team. He already has just as many receptions this year as he had last year, plus FIVE more TD and counting. I think he'll gladly take that, plus playing in the playoffs for the first time in his career. Guys understand the big picture and winning, even if some of their numbers are down due to a multitude of factors. But the bottom line is that the team is better and the goal is the Bowl...
So wait, I thought the excuse was Brady isn’t playing with Pro Bowl level players?

Evans was severely underutilized for a good portion of the season. Brady’s deep ball was all over the place and that’s where Evans excels.

"He only added 4 wins over Winston."

MLB: you only added 40 wins! (team record from 71-91 to 111-51)
NBA/NHL: you only added 20 wins! (team record from 36-46 to 56-26)

<{Heymansnicker}>

I can't even read this thread after some dumb piece of shit tried to besmirch Romo's good name early on

So wait, I thought the excuse was Brady isn’t playing with Pro Bowl level players?

Evans was severely underutilized for a good portion of the season. Brady’s deep ball was all over the place and that’s where Evans excels.
Strawman argument that nobody is making this year.

Bottom line is that Evans had MORE receptions this year than last year even though they had to spread the ball around more and he was dealing with injuries, plus he had FIVE more TD, a career high for him. And he had ANOTHER 1k-yard season, seven in a row to start his career, which is a NFL record. The deep ball has been working in spades in December and January...

Strawman argument that nobody is making this year.

Bottom line is that Evans had MORE receptions this year than last year even though they had to spread the ball around more and he was dealing with injuries, plus he had FIVE more TD, a career high for him. And he had ANOTHER 1k-yard season, seven in a row to start his career, which is a NFL record. The deep ball has been working in spades in December and January...
That was literally my argument that has been refuted by every nut sucking Brady fan boy here. He has a huge array of weapons to work with. They tried saying “but how many Pro Bowlers?!” He got out of NE at the perfect time and wouldn’t be enjoying the same level of success this year if he’d stayed put.

There really isn’t any arguing this anymore. He’s better than Jameis Winston on an extremely loaded Bucs team. This clearly means Belichick is trash or some weird nonsense that’s been conjured up.

That was literally my argument that has been refuted by every nut sucking Brady fan boy here. He has a huge array of weapons to work with. They tried saying “but how many Pro Bowlers?!” He got out of NE at the perfect time and wouldn’t be enjoying the same level of success this year if he’d stayed put.

There really isn’t any arguing this anymore. He’s better than Jameis Winston on an extremely loaded Bucs team. This clearly means Belichick is trash or some weird nonsense that’s been conjured up.

Belichick isn't trash. He's the best coach in NFL history. But he's been a mediocre GM for a while now and it's caught up to the team now. They are utterly devoid of young talent at multiple positions.

I don't know what point you are trying to say about the weapons. Mahomes has Hill, Kelce and the best offensive coach in the league, Rodgers has Adams, Jones and the best Oline in the league. Should it take away from their performances too?

Belichick isn't trash. He's the best coach in NFL history. But he's been a mediocre GM for a while now and it's caught up to the team now. They are utterly devoid of young talent at multiple positions.

I don't know what point you are trying to say about the weapons. Mahomes has Hill, Kelce and the best offensive coach in the league, Rodgers has Adams, Jones and the best Oline in the league. Should it take away from their performances too?
This. A thousand times this. Brady had 40 TD at age 43. Mahomes didn't get 40 at his age with all the weapons he has. Brady got the 2nd highest TD of his career in a career where he's led the league FOUR times in TD passes. This is truly unprecedented. It cannot be overstated.

Brady’s had the better first year apart for sure. I’m not certain if either will ever win a super bowl without the other, but at Brady’s age making that team a contender is more impressive than Belicheck take a team with very little talent to 7 wins. Year one it’s all Brady.

This year’s pats team, without Brady, with all the injuries and opt outs, wasnt much worse than last years team though. They just faced a tougher schedule. Brady helped hide the flaws a little last year, but the complete absence of receiving talent and the failed effort to showcase Sony Michel in the power run game were pretty clear whenever they faced a decent team in 2019 as well.

Last edited:

Jesus, when the comparison of this thread is Brady being better than Belichick then of fucking course it makes sense to compare what each has to work with. Bill has fuck all, Brady has a wealth. That’s going to affect things.

But then that’s not good enough, Pats fans have to then devalue what Brady has on his team to show that it’s of course, all him.

Amazing how even being sad ass losers Pats fans are still completely insufferable.

Jesus, when the comparison of this thread is Brady being better than Belichick then of fucking course it makes sense to compare what each has to work with. Bill has fuck all, Brady has a wealth. That’s going to affect things.

But then that’s not good enough, Pats fans have to then devalue what Brady has on his team to show that it’s of course, all him.

Amazing how even being sad ass losers Pats fans are still completely insufferable.

Guess whose fault it is that Belichick has fuck all to work with?

Guess whose fault it is that Belichick has fuck all to work with?
I’d assume the guy who cashed in to get the most he could with an aging QB and got the team three Super Bowl appearances with two rings in four years.

One of those Brady did fuck all in and was carried to another one on the strength of Bill’s defense.

Imagine being this fucking ungrateful lmao.

Worst fans in sports.

Comparing an athlete's record to a coach's record. Is this real life?

Belichick deserves more credit for the first New England dynasty then Brady, until 07 Brady really wasn't something special. Even in 07 Belichick did build that team and got Brady Randy Moss even though people thought he was washed. Brady deserves more credit for the second one though IMO.

That's precisely the point. Brady has the best TD:INT ratio in NFL history besides Aaron Rodgers. He has a moderately higher TD rate than Winston, and has cut interceptions to 1/3 of what they previously were. That's what the best quarterbacks do.
The best QB's are game managers then. The thing I think is most funny about this take, is you're assuming the INT's are a QB's fault too. Receivers who are dumb as shit (a lot of em) fuck up options all the time. Brady literally is a checkdown god. Of course he isn't gonna have the INT's when his out is 15 yards to the right of him.

The best QB's are game managers then. The thing I think is most funny about this take, is you're assuming the INT's are a QB's fault too. Receivers who are dumb as shit (a lot of em) fuck up options all the time. Brady literally is a checkdown god. Of course he isn't gonna have the INT's when his out is 15 yards to the right of him.
When the Buccaneers destroy Washington on Saturday, there's only gonna be one QB checking it down all game, and it's gonna be "Checkdown" Alex Smith, not Brady. Brady's been bombs away lately and it's paid off. He didn't throw 40 TD, which was 2nd in the league, by checking it down. Your argument might have some merit if Brady didn't also have a high TD rate. Except he has more TD than any other QB in NFL history. Except he's led the league in TD passes FOUR times (an NFL record). He's got EIGHT seasons with 30+ TD, FIVE with 35+ (NFL record), 2 with 40+, 1 with 50+ where he set the NFL record at the time. Brady also has the NFL record for most games with 2+ TD passes (173).

When the Buccaneers destroy Washington on Saturday, there's only gonna be one QB checking it down all game, and it's gonna be "Checkdown" Alex Smith, not Brady. Brady's been bombs away lately and it's paid off. He didn't throw 40 TD, which was 2nd in the league, by checking it down. Your argument might have some merit if Brady didn't also have a high TD rate. Except he has more TD than any other QB in NFL history. Except he's led the league in TD passes FOUR times (an NFL record). He's got EIGHT seasons with 30+ TD, FIVE with 35+ (NFL record), 2 with 40+, 1 with 50+ where he set the NFL record at the time. Brady also has the NFL record for most games with 2+ TD passes (173).

Bro, that match up is a bye week.

Shut the hell up

They are both great. Both had whole new situations to deal with this year and both exceeded expectations.

Back