• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Boxing strategy in a mma/muay thai fight context

Sapps extra size was not all to his advantage. There's diminishing returns after HW, otherwise you would have seperate weight classes for super heavyweight and heavyweight. Hoost did not get out the pocket and just got mauled.

So I disagree that size is what won Sapp the fight.

your right, sapps size had nothing to do with it, he is clearly the superior fighter and one of the best KB of all time. Unlike hoost, he sucks!

your right, sapps size had nothing to do with it, he is clearly the superior fighter and one of the best KB of all time. Unlike hoost, he sucks!

My cousin was at most rated 15 in the world in HW boxing and weighed at most 253 pounds but felt it didn't do him any good. The bad outweighed the good.

Last edited:
your right, sapps size had nothing to do with it, ]

Yes...Styles make fights. Peak Badr Hari would beat Sapp 100 times out of a 100... And he would slaughter most boxers too. It depends on the fighter.

My cousin was at most rated 15 in the world in HW boxing and weighed at most 253 pounds, but felt it didn't do him any good. The bad outweighed the good.

We can make a comparison with Mighty Mo and Kaoklai, I have met mighty mo several times as he trains at a gym I used to fight for. Mighty Mo is much better technically than Bob Sapp, but a huge part of Mo's success was him being much larger and stronger. Can a smaller man beat him? yes, and its been down, but thats the exception to the rule, as generally speaking someone much smaller than Mo is going to get smashed. Generally speaking dude ;)

Yes...Styles make fights. Peak Badr Hari would beat Sapp 100 times out of a 100... And he would slaughter most boxers too. It depends on the fighter.

Bruce Lee would KO Sapp in the first round with his JKD...its true because I saw it in a movie.

Bruce Lee would KO Sapp in the first round with his JKD...its true because I saw it in a movie.

Why didn't a roided Sapp enter boxing then and take home a belt?

As for Bruce Lee, Burt Ward, aka Robin, thinks he could beat him:

Burt Ward is full of shit btw... Van Williams claim that Bruce Lee hated Burt Ward, and Ward was shitting his pants refusing to step out of his dressing room. lol....

Why didn't a roided Sapp enter boxing then and take home a belt?

As for Bruce Lee, Burt Ward, aka Robin, thinks he could beat him:

Because he sucks at boxing and because a roided sapp in a boxing match would have had to fight someone his size instead of having 100+ pounds on the guys like he did in K1. If size didnt matter, there wouldnt be weight classes, and guys wouldnt be starving and dehydrating themselves to cut weight into smaller weight classes.

Also Bruce Lee is a Invincible Ninja and can beat Sapp and Mo at the same time with his undefeatable JKD. I mean look at this fight right here, Bruce beats like 5 guys at once. Sapp and Mo dont want none of that!

Because he sucks at boxing and because a roided sapp in a boxing match would have had to fight someone his size instead of having 100+ pounds on the guys like he did in K1.

The fuck? Hoost weighed 216 pounds. That's Mike Tysons weight in the 80s..... In no way could Sapp use the same strategy against Tyson and win by size alone. Not GOING to happen.

The fuck? Hoost weighed 216 pounds. That's Mike Tysons weight in the 80s..... In no way could Sapp use the same strategy against Tyson and win by size alone. Not GOING to happen.

boxing is not the circus show k1 was.

A match up of 216 vs 350 isnt going to happen in the WBC.

what I really want to know is why didnt hong man choi start boxing and smash the featherweight division?

your right he wasnt. Generally speaking however, boxers tend to have a more sideways stance.
It allows for more mobility. The mvp one is different though. No boxer stands that wide based sideways. It's compact like MT

Funny unrelated story. We was visiting once, and a drunk fan across the street said "Hey! Herb Dean!!!"

...so much face palm that day

A match up of 216 vs 350 isnt going to happen in the WBC.

Supposing it would, you would have to argue that Sapp would have won against slim and young Tyson who is about as great technically as a boxer as Hoost is a kickboxer.

It allows for more mobility. The mvp one is different though. No boxer stands that wide based sideways. It's compact like MT

Funny unrelated story. We was visiting once, and a drunk fan across the street said "Hey! Herb Dean!!!"

...so much face palm that day

I know dude, i started in boxing before MT and also cross train boxing. You only see extreme wide side stance like that in the TMA's that dont allow leg kicks. Its just funny as there are so many side stance proponents on here its laughable.

whats MVP?

herb dean?

Supposing it would, you would have to argue that Sapp would have won against slim and young Tyson who is about as great technically as a boxer as Hoost is a kickboxer.

Probably so, due to his huge height and weight advantage. ;)

which is why the fights wouldnt take place, unfair advantage, unfair fight.

Also Bruce Lee is a Invincible Ninja and can beat Sapp and Mo at the same time with his undefeatable JKD. I mean look at this fight right here, Bruce beats like 5 guys at once. Sapp and Mo dont want none of that!

Bruce Lee could probably fight, even though he employed some shitty Wing chun-boxing hybrid which is less than optimal..

Bruce Lee could probably fight, even though he employed some shitty Wing chun-boxing hybrid which is less than optimal..

Bruce is a invincible ninja. Look at his superior boxing technique on the punching bag. He doenst drop his hands a at all, not a single time, not once even. You think a 350 lbs sapp wants to mess with 130 lbs of that! Bruce would destroy him with his punching with your hands from the waist technique.

Bruce is a invincible ninja. Look at his superior boxing technique on the punching bag. He doenst drop his hands a at all, not a single time, not once even. You think a 350 lbs sapp wants to mess with 130 lbs of that! Bruce would destroy him with his punching with your hands from the waist technique.

He hits like an amateur with zero fundamentals... but he did beat a high school boxer in boxing... Let's not forget!

This is a better display

He hits like an amateur with zero fundamentals... but he did beat a high school boxer in boxing... Let's not forget!

This is a better display

yeah i love his hands down at your waist fighting technique.

I know dude, i started in boxing before MT and also cross train boxing. You only see extreme wide side stance like that in the TMA's that dont allow leg kicks. Its just funny as there are so many side stance proponents on here its laughable.

whats MVP?

herb dean?
Mvp Michael venom page. The gif of him standing wide when he gets clipped by Lima

Herb Dean. Referee. UFC fan saw an athletic and explosive fighter, and the first thing he thought was Herb Dean

Back